Prospect Info: Finland wjc captain and alternate

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I'd attend the odd joust as well if there was one , some things just fall out of favour.
Tell that to medieval times!
Back in the day the Toronto Rock put in a great show. The fans were rabid and the team was dominant.
I guess it all goes back to marketing

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Tell that to medieval times!
Back in the day the Toronto Rock put in a great show. The fans were rabid and the team was dominant.
I guess it all goes back to marketing
medieval times is like watching non contact hockey. Which hockey may well evolve to someday. lol! Yes it is marketing, whatever gets more eyes. Leafs are Canada's team afterall.
:popcorn:

Reactions: saltming

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I find TSN has made it harder to cheer for Canada than it has been in the past. Their over the top jingoism has started to really bother me the past few years. I guess Im more about quiet confidence than "THIS IS OUR GAME" type ads.

What killed the WJC team Canada hype for me for a long time was someone telling me I was a bad Canadian because I didn't lose my mind over it.

I've always cheered for Leafs prospects to do well.

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
Did anyone watch the Finland Germany game?
How did Niemela and Hirvonnen look?
Both relatively invisible, though I feel like in Niemelä's case it's just him being a solid and safe defenseman (he had the most ice time for Team Finland). I haven't seen him play in Liiga, so I don't know how all his points have come there, but this performance feels like a continuation of what I saw from him in the last WJC.

In the GDT someone said that Hirvonen didn't play in the last 10 minutes of the game and wasn't on the ice at the end of the game, so he might've gotten injured or something, but I don't remember anything particular happening.

Reactions: saltming

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Both relatively invisible, though I feel like in Niemelä's case it's just him being a solid and safe defenseman (he had the most ice time for Team Finland). I haven't seen him play in Liiga, so I don't know how all his points have come there, but this performance feels like a continuation of what I saw from him in the last WJC.

In the GDT someone said that Hirvonen didn't play in the last 10 minutes of the game and wasn't on the ice at the end of the game, so he might've gotten injured or something, but I don't remember anything particular happening.
Thanks for responding.
That’s good for Niemela. Hopefully Hirvonen is alright and it’s just something minor.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Edvinsson and Seider is going to be a f***ing nightmare in our division for years to come lol

Edvinsson looks so sophisticated and refined in his scouting videos. Like an Alex Pietrangelo who can break ankles in tight with these little dekes and reversals and escapes, and little deception plays and delays on the transition and blueline game, and he's doing it at a professional level now. You almost think he could go top 2 in a redraft when you look at those raw tools. It's not like he's a kid playing juniors just outskating everyone or dominating in the size category either. Not sure how scouts make the determination that Power and Hughes are better (not saying they aren't) but there's so much to like about Edvinsson.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
What killed the WJC team Canada hype for me for a long time was someone telling me I was a bad Canadian because I didn't lose my mind over it.

I've always cheered for Leafs prospects to do well.

I used to feel that national hype as much as anyone, but at some point I felt like TSN really re-use the same storylines year after year and I didn't necessarily have the emotional connection from one draft class to another. Also, the Canadian goaltending factory has really fallen on hard times in the past decade and following the number one goalie used to be a big thing for me. Not so much these days.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Looks like the refs stepped in and took care of this for Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad