GDT: Finland vs Sweden (U18 Semis)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Great game but man, that penalty call was dubious in my opinion. It looks like the guy chicken-wings the stick on the pass follow-through and winds up drawing the call.

I continue to be impressed with Ronni and Nyman on the Finns. Lekkerimaki of course seems to have the knack to shoot the puck through a keyhole too.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
We Finns can't complain about refs giving penalties at the last moments, because against Canada the refs made some kind of circus as well. Sure the Canadians played dirty but that many penalties on so critical moments was pretty lucky by Finland.

Reactions: RandomTask26

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
It was a clear as day hook from Kemell. Stupid penalty to take, but a penalty. Can’t believe this is even discussed. Finland have lost to this Sweden team twice this tournament, and lost at the Hlinka too. Finland do not deserve a final. Stop whining.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
It was a clear as day hook from Kemell. Stupid penalty to take, but a penalty. Can’t believe this is even discussed. Finland have lost to this Sweden team twice this tournament, and lost at the Hlinka too. Finland do not deserve a final. Stop whining.

The Swedish player was holding on to the stick and selling it to the ref, but again I'm not going to complain more than that because Canada suffered from this against Finland as well.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It was a pass follow through that the Swedish player grabbed in his armpit. That's interference on Kemell by the Swedish player. Not a hook. And if that's a hook the rule needs to be changed.

What is Kemell supposed to do there? Let go of his stick? Then he loses his stick for free, is out of the play. Not follow through on the pass? You can't stop a stick that quickly, the pass would likely suffer.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I mean Finland won shots like 20 something to 42. We have more than enough chances to win the game. Sweden is kinda our worst nightmare at U18 level, we just keep losing to them in every important tournament.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
This is just gross man. Sweden won, fair enough and good for you. We have so many gold medals from recent years that not single one of Finnish posters will ever mention Hlinka games or preliminary games.

It's been a while since you won and i can tell that. Hopefully you get the gold so you realise that Hlinka or friendly games or preliminary games don't mean jack.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
This is just gross man. Sweden won, fair enough and good for you. We have so many gold medals from recent years that not single one of Finnish posters will ever mention Hlinka games or preliminary games.

It's been a while since you won and i can tell that. Hopefully you get the gold so you realise that Hlinka or friendly games or preliminary games don't mean jack.
Don't forget, that poster is known for repeated claims of a refereeing conspiracy against Arsenal.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
It was a pass follow through that the Swedish player grabbed in his armpit. That's interference on Kemell by the Swedish player. Not a hook. And if that's a hook the rule needs to be changed.

What is Kemell supposed to do there? Let go of his stick? Then he loses his stick for free, is out of the play. Not follow through on the pass? You can't stop a stick that quickly, the pass would likely suffer.
That’s not what happened. Kemell hooks Pettersson who is trying to skate away from the situation. He doesn’t grab Kemell. It’s a board battle and Kemell hooks him to slow him down. That’s what it looked like. Maybe I have to watch it back another time.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

Sweden won this tournament in 2019 it has not been a while mate. That’s the second to last time this tournament was played. And I think the Hlinka and U18s hold the same importance, just a different NA team to fear.

And you do know we won the worlds in 2017 and 2018?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Well, whichever way you look at the penalty. Its clear that the refs have had curious thresholds throughout the tournament. Tight game as expected. Swedens depth decided the game IMO. Though this could’ve easily gone the other way. As the finns have said this game will come down to goaltending. Though Leinonen apart from an error wasn’t that bad really.

Either way always love the games against Finland. Even if SVT tries their very best to ruin them.

Peace love and NATO.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Well, whichever way you look at the penalty. Its clear that the refs have had curious thresholds throughout the tournament. Tight game as expected. Swedens depth decided the game IMO. Though this could’ve easily gone the other way. As the finns have said this game will come down to goaltending. Though Leinonen apart from an error wasn’t that bad really.

Either way always love the games against Finland. Even if SVT tries their very best to ruin them.

Peace love and NATO.
I have loads of respect for you. Always thinking what you're saying and even though your team wins, you still have a lot of respect for Finland and Finns in general.

Thank you :)

Reactions: EK47 and Mestaruus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad