GDT: Finland - Sweden

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
Point taken, my point remaining that while it’s hard to argue it being bad hockey, it’s definitely bad for hockey.
No, the best thing for hockey (or any other sport) is if each team tries to win as their number one priority.

Trying to play"positive" hockey is fine by me but it's not what we want to see.

"All star games" are the most boring thing to watch.

This game on the other hand was fun to watch.

Reactions: Snauen and EK47

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
Yeah and the moste hated team in Sweden... serriously i rather see Tre Kronor lose a fun game with great ice hockey than this boring bullshit games and win.
Yell that to Johansson, who made some great saves. Why not get rid of the goalies too?, . Lets make it more high scoring and "fun", like basketball or golf *sarcasm×

Why dont you tell this to billions of soccer-fans too? They are out to lunch, enjoying soccer.. a far more boring game than hockey by the way, in all other aspects , goals or no goals.
If you have theese players Sweden has this wc, you play the game like this PERIOD. Or else you loose to teams like Finland (in high scoring games probably, yay..)

Last edited:

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
No, the best thing for hockey (or any other sport) is if each team tries to win as their number one priority.

Trying to play"positive" hockey is fine by me but it's not what we want to see.

"All star games" are the most boring thing to watch.

This game on the other hand was fun to watch.

The little I caught of the game was alright, but I admit I’m hard of caring about the World Championships without some great names joining. I don’t want to be condescending to you guys who are more dedicated to international hockey than I am, and I agree Hallam is a good coach considering the lack of star quality rosters of recent years. I’m not as much concerned about watching Hallam v. Jalonen with NLA level rosters, as I would be if they actually had close to their best possible teams.

I take offense to mentions of Växjö in the positive, is what happened originally. Beyond winning championships playing boring, emotionless robot system hockey, they rub people such as myself the wrong way for their utter lack of homegrown talent, as well as their short, cash infused history and lacking hockey culture. Of course, more fun teams should stop them, and it’s not impossible. 10th seed Luleå could grind it out defensively almost as well as they did, forechecked heavily and played them hard physically to bring them within one goal of a huge game 7 upset in the quarterfinals. Alas, what could have been.

Reactions: aphyro

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
The little I caught of the game was alright, but I admit I’m hard of caring about the World Championships without some great names joining. I don’t want to be condescending to you guys who are more dedicated to international hockey than I am, and I agree Hallam is a good coach considering the lack of star quality rosters of recent years. I’m not as much concerned about watching Hallam v. Jalonen with NLA level rosters, as I would be if they actually had close to their best possible teams.

I take offense to mentions of Växjö in the positive, is what happened originally. Beyond winning championships playing boring, emotionless robot system hockey, they rub people such as myself the wrong way for their utter lack of homegrown talent, as well as their short, cash infused history and lacking hockey culture. Of course, more fun teams should stop them, and it’s not impossible. 10th seed Luleå could grind it out defensively almost as well as they did, forechecked heavily and played them hard physically to bring them within one goal of a huge game 7 upset in the quarterfinals. Alas, what could have been.
Växjö were sure as hell not boring in 2018, atleast not in the same sense. Maybe it was boring because they were far better than any other team that year. But most swedish hockey fans probably still enjoyed watching them then because of a certain Pettersson.

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Växjö were sure as hell not boring in 2018, atleast not in the same sense. Maybe it was boring because they were far better than any other team that year. But most swedish hockey fans probably still enjoyed watching them then because of a certain Pettersson.

Sure, Pettersson was fun to watch, and Skellefteå deserves some ridicule for barely showing up for the championship games despite great teams. I think they miss character players like Jimmie Ericsson was for them.

If your point is that Hallam could sport a more entertaining team if he had the players available, then yes, I think so. With Jalonen, I’m not as sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: EK47

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Yell that to Johansson, who made some great saves. Why not get rid of the goalies too?, . Lets make it more high scoring and "fun", like basketball or golf *sarcasm×

Why dont you tell this to billions of soccer-fans too? They are out to lunch, enjoying soccer.. a far more boring game than hockey by the way, in all other aspects , goals or no goals.
If you have theese players Sweden has this wc, you play the game like this PERIOD. Or else you loose to teams like Finland (in high scoring games probably, yay..)
According to you yeah :laugh: but yeah i agree thats why i never watch it... watching paint dry is more fun... and this game was equaly close to a football game so with ur own logic this should have been a FAAAAAAAAR more boring game than pretty much all other games Sweden has played...

And for the record i find Basketball equaly boring... and golf... i dont know how u can score there? But Bandy and floorball is far more fun to watch than this bullshit games Sweden pulling up right now... and i dont even like Bandy or Floorball... Handball is even better in terms of fun.
Don't forget who pays the salary for the players and if u dont entertain the public u will lose ur $$$ than you can sit there and SAY OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH ITS MORE IMPORTANT TO WIN THAN TO PLAY ENTERTAINING HOCKEY...

Yes i want Sweden to win every single game they play... but i dont want them to win it like this playing like the great wall of china and then score 1 goal...

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Dear @aphyro The Game was actually rather entertaining. It wasn't watching a paint to dry.
There is always some extra when Sweden and Finland play hockey, but the game itself demonstrated that neither of teams were willing to just give up. That never happens.

You got it this time, but I do not say "Deservedly so". The hockey is a game where goals count, and our top goal scoring shooters have been pretty much handless anyway. :D

Your defense is pretty good, must say. No ill feelings.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
And Nordman's... something. I'm just looking for excuses to post Nile City clips now.

If I’m correct SVT has decided to swap out Jonas Andersson for sudden from Percy Tårar as an expert for the other four group stage games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad