WJC: Finland 2020 Roster Talk

GloryDays02

Dec 21, 2019
Would anyone be able to provide insight into how Sampo looked today?

EDIT: Also does anyone know if there are box scores for this game?

Last edited:

king89

Dec 4, 2018
Victory against Germany in the first exhibition game. The game ended 1-6.

The fourth line with the Räty brothers and Ranta impressed. I thought it was the line that created most pressure down low. All three are physically mature and they used that to their advantage well. High creativity, loads of skill and many controlled zone entries.
I think this line will end up as the third or second line eventually.

Maccelli and Kupari played quite well too. But Lundell would make that line so much better.

I'm question playing Nousiainen and Thomson together. But we'll see how it pan out.

Heinola looks sloppy.

Many unnecessary dangles today that led to lost possession and turnovers, better teams will punish us for that.

Not the hardest competition today but overall a good first game.

Last edited:
Reactions: FinPanda

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland

The fourth line with the Räty brothers and Ranta impressed. I thought it was the line that created most pressure down low. All three are physically mature and they used that to their advantage well. High creativity, loads of skill and many controlled zone entries.

Maccelli and Kupari played quite well too. But Lundell would make that line so much better.

Many unnecessary dangles today that led to lost possession and turnovers, better teams will punish us for that.

I said previously that I love that 4th line because of their skill. It showed in the game it seems.

Reactions: king89

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016

I'm question playing Nousiainen and Thomson together. But we'll see how it pan out.

Heinola looks sloppy.

Maybe the second line would be better with Lundell.

Reactions: king89

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Ranta has all the tools to be a good NHLer. The only limiting thing is how he can process the game. At times he shows great physicals tools, which are hindered by odd decisions.

king89

Dec 4, 2018
One thing i noticed in yesterday's game was that Killinen was the only one who didn't have his name on his jersey. Coincidence or not?

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Needless to say i think this team could go far in the tournament, but not having Lundell is critical. Anybody here have any recent status on him?

Mountlaine

Feb 8, 2018
No expectations this year thanks to Raimo Helminen. Fortunately Pennanen is taking charge after him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad