Finally got my Roy Jersey

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sad to read this, just after getting up.
Not really sure on how to get a refund. Sending the item back will also cost me some money so I will see how it looks when I get it. If it's not too bad I can always keep it. :)

Keep it. Knowing it's a knock-off, you can afford to be reckless with it. You might be one of the few Roy jersey owners to paint a house while wearing it. Or you can cut it up and have pillows made. :sarcasm:

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Keep it. Knowing it's a knock-off, you can afford to be reckless with it. You might be one of the few Roy jersey owners to paint a house while wearing it. Or you can cut it up and have pillows made. :sarcasm:
There's a lot you can do with a Roy jersey.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Hi team,

After falling in love with the sport about 22 years ago I finally got my hands on an authentic, affordable Roy Jersey via the Bay.
I should have it in a fortnight, really thrilled about it visuals here

With Price back from injury the NHL season just got soo much better. Can't wait to wear it for the next home game of my local team and go on the ice with it.

Hate to break it to you, but not only did Roy retire, but he was traded half way through his career. ;-). Better late than never I suppose. If I were to get a Roy jersey, it would have to read 'inc-Roy-able.'

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Hate to break it to you, but not only did Roy retire, but he was traded half way through his career. ;-). Better late than never I suppose. If I were to get a Roy jersey, it would have to read 'inc-Roy-able.'
On mine it would read Not better than Price. But there's too many letters.

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium

I know he left to Colorado, but besides being a Habs fan I still followed his career. Can't deny the man got skills.

dzd ncnfzd

Aug 8, 2007
I know he left to Colorado, but besides being a Habs fan I still followed his career. Can't deny the man got skills.

Roy was the best, especially in the play-offs. Not always special in the season but stepped up big time a few years in the play-offs. (The '86 and especially '93 runs were amazing)

Big mistake trading him away, these days you try and keep such a legend, try to make him happy. Team was having issues it must be acknowledged though, financial constraints which apart from poor amateurish management and coaching (I tend to think Tremblay was more arrogant than St Patrick in this episode) meant the core couldn't be kept or surrounded properly.

Anyhoo, if the jersey you bought fits and looks good wear it with pride.

P.S.: Roy may have been / be an arrogant (mod) but great athletes often are. Great strikers are usually ego filled arrogant selfish s.o.b's too (Drogba in his Chelsea days...Adebayor....Cantona.... many others) Its part of who they are, what makes them great. Dryden was clutch, Roy was amazing squared when in the zone.

Last edited by a moderator:

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
Got the jersey today, the stitching is indeed poor quality altho in general it's a really good fake. But there is a stain on the Habs chest logo. Will contact the seller today and ask for a full refund. The local hockey store has the new Habs jerseys on stock :)

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I bought that same jersey in the summer of1993 after the cup win. Was absolutely on cloud nine when it arrived in the mail. Unfortunately I removed the name tag after he was traded. Of course I regret it now.

Do you though? I wouldn't.

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
Hi guys,

I contacted the seller, explained the situation and he's more then willing to reimburse me.
For the moment he's looking into the best and fastest way of doing so.

I did notice however a small detail which might turn out an issue.
When paying via Paypall, the total amount was indicated but now it turns out that the seller received the part for the actual item and that the shipping and import charges were sent to another account, I assume customs.

I do have some doubts that the original shipping and import charges will be reimbursed as well. Altho they should as I did pay for them. They represented 50% of the total amount.

To ship it back it would cost around 40 EUR. So I hope the seller can provide a decent solution.
Sorry for posting this, but I don't have any experience with refunds on E-bay.
In a next phase I would contact the Customer Care of E-bay.
Cheers.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
Hi guys,

I contacted the seller, explained the situation and he's more then willing to reimburse me.
For the moment he's looking into the best and fastest way of doing so.

I did notice however a small detail which might turn out an issue.
When paying via Paypall, the total amount was indicated but now it turns out that the seller received the part for the actual item and that the shipping and import charges were sent to another account, I assume customs.

I do have some doubts that the original shipping and import charges will be reimbursed as well. Altho they should as I did pay for them. They represented 50% of the total amount.

To ship it back it would cost around 40 EUR. So I hope the seller can provide a decent solution.
Sorry for posting this, but I don't have any experience with refunds on E-bay.
In a next phase I would contact the Customer Care of E-bay.
Cheers.

First of all, keep the jersey. The seller is happy to reimburse you because he's getting 50% of the price anyways in shipping and handling fees which always exceed actual costs. Sending him the jersey back allows him to make 150% because he's just going to resell it again. If the jersey is fake contact ebay and Paypal to claim your money back. You were not sold what you thought yku were getting.

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
Thanks buddy,

But in the case I would ask for a refund, I assume I still need to ship back the jersey to the seller?

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
Thanks buddy,

But in the case I would ask for a refund, I assume I still need to ship back the jersey to the seller?

Absolutely not, it's a fake jersey. If he sold it to you as authentic that's illegal. Look into Paypal or Ebay regulations.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Thanks buddy,

Did the ebay listing say that the jersey was authentic? If so, you don't have to ship it back. Open up a dispute using Paypal and if that doesn't work, file a claim. Make sure you do it ASAP though because you only have a limited amount of time to do it (20 days iirc)

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
It was listed as following:

DESCRIPTION:

Brand New PATRICK ROY MONTREAL CANADIENS CCM Hockey Throwback!! This Jersey features Beautifully stitched embroidery, and authentic team colors. Manufactured by CCM and officially licensed by the NHL

DETAILS:

-- Size 52 (X-Large)

-- New with Tags

-- Beautifully Stitched and Fully Embroidered

-- From a Smoke and Pet Free environment

-- Officially Licensed by NHL

He did use the terms authentic, official etc...

Last edited:

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
Did the ebay listing say that the jersey was authentic? If so, you don't have to ship it back. Open up a dispute using Paypal and if that doesn't work, file a claim. Make sure you do it ASAP though because you only have a limited amount of time to do it (20 days iirc)

I will do it asap, just have my doubts regarding the shipping it back or keeping it suggestion.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It was listed as following:

DESCRIPTION:

Brand New PATRICK ROY MONTREAL CANADIENS CCM Hockey Throwback!! This Jersey features Beautifully stitched embroidery, and authentic team colors. Manufactured by CCM and officially licensed by the NHL

DETAILS:

-- Size 52 (X-Large)

-- New with Tags

-- Beautifully Stitched and Fully Embroidered

-- From a Smoke and Pet Free environment

-- Officially Licensed by NHL

He did use the terms authentic, official etc...

There is a claim of authenticity and a clear reference to the manufacturer. As others have stated, you should have protection for your full amount via Paypal and/or EBay. This was a fraudulent transaction and misrepresented merchandise, you have the right to be put back in the same position you were at the time you relied on the misrepresentations of seller via host site EBay.

If you can show the item is counterfeit, you should not have to return it:

Counterfeit items

If a buyer suspects that an item is counterfeit, and there are strong indicators that the item is counterfeit, we don't require the buyer to return the item to the seller. The buyer agrees to cooperate with us to ensure the proper disposal of the item. In such instances, we refund the buyer for the full cost of the item and original shipping, and the seller reimburses us for the refund. The buyer may not sell the item on eBay or elsewhere.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
I sorted it out with the seller. got a full refund and because I'm a nice guy I'll send it back to him.
With the cheapest shipping possibility.
Everybody happy :)
thnx for the feedback guys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad