FINALLY... Despres HAS COME BACK to... the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
All right, that's enough. Shut it down. Burn it down.

29205559.jpg

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
“But let it be known that Dupuis’ greatest contribution to this group of Penguins might already have happened, and it happened two summers ago.

That’s when Dupuis, tired of seeing Simon Despres display so much talent but so little rigidity on the blue line, invited his fellow French-Canadian to join him in Quebec for several weeks of joint training. Now, when even a fitness freak like Crosby concedes defeat at trying to keep up with Dupuis, imagine what that was like for Despres, a lanky kid who never before had much upper-body strength.

“He didn’t just change my career,†Despres told me. “He changed my life.â€

Despres is the Penguins’ most improved player since last season. He’s dominating at times. He’s living up to his first-round pedigree after years of disappointing.

His engine will always have a No. 9 on the hood†[x] :) :)

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
“But let it be known that Dupuis’ greatest contribution to this group of Penguins might already have happened, and it happened two summers ago.

That’s when Dupuis, tired of seeing Simon Despres display so much talent but so little rigidity on the blue line, invited his fellow French-Canadian to join him in Quebec for several weeks of joint training. Now, when even a fitness freak like Crosby concedes defeat at trying to keep up with Dupuis, imagine what that was like for Despres, a lanky kid who never before had much upper-body strength.

“He didn’t just change my career,” Despres told me. “He changed my life.”

Despres is the Penguins’ most improved player since last season. He’s dominating at times. He’s living up to his first-round pedigree after years of disappointing.

His engine will always have a No. 9 on the hood.” [x] :) :)

Crying.gif

Thanks for bringing it back home to the extremely depressing feeling we all have at the loss of such an awesome human and hockey player.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
IC's more like the Oliwa of the Despres threads. Mean, angry, and unrelenting.

That's why I love the guy. Cole's numbers are inflated because half of his posts are secondary posts.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
IC's more like the Oliwa of the Despres threads. Mean, angry, and unrelenting.

That's why I love the guy. Cole's numbers are inflated because half of his posts are secondary posts.

SECONDARY POSTING. How dare you. My set up passes are the reason goals happen.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
SECONDARY POSTING. How dare you. My set up passes are the reason goals happen.

I had all of ONE post in all of the threads.

The four subsequent were to try and get IC to understand that I was basically supporting his position in that one post and explaining to the guy who set him off why Despres mattered, mostly as a symbol, for me and so many. I should have stuck with the one post, I am pretty sure that I never succeeded in getting him to understand what I had said in that first post.

Ooops, I am up to six posts now.

Better stop while I am behind.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I had all of ONE post in all of the threads.

The four subsequent were to try and get IC to understand that I was basically supporting his position in that one post and explaining to the guy who set him off why Despres mattered, mostly as a symbol, for me and so many. I should have stuck with the one post, I am pretty sure that I never succeeded in getting him to understand what I had said in that first post.

Ooops, I am up to six posts now.

Better stop while I am behind.

You're definitely the Beau Bennett of the board. Nothing you do can ever be right :)

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I like how Jaded-Fan still doesn't know what he said.

JF: I have no interest in discussing anything with you. Just don't mention me and you can go on saying whatever you want. I won't mind, I promise.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I like how Jaded-Fan still doesn't know what he said.

JF: I have no interest in discussing anything with you. Just don't mention me and you can go on saying whatever you want. I won't mind, I promise.

And now we have the reason that Bennett will be traded...he and Crosby don't get along :sarcasm:

Bennett for Clayton Stoner :sarcasm:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
And now we have the reason that Bennett will be traded...he and Crosby don't get along :sarcasm:

Bennett for Clayton Stoner :sarcasm:

If the Penguins wind up with Clayton Stoner, I'll burn CEC down. I don't even care anymore.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005

“He didn’t just change my career,†Despres told me. “He changed my life.â€

His engine will always have a No. 9 on the hood.†[x] :) :)

Joint training. Finally we get to the bottom of his "problem"

That explains why he packed on the pounds, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad