WJC: Final Team Slovakia Roster

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
According to the Norway thread tonight´s exhibition game has been postponed to the 22nd, which kind of sucks, because the team won´t be fresh for the Russia game next day, which would probably a way better game to evaluate the strength of the team than a game against Norway with all respect to them.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Rumored line-up from practise:

Jurčo-Preisinger-Kudrna
Hrivík-Bortňák-Pánik
Vandas-Å ťastný-Majdán
Å iÅ¡ovský-Å imčák-Jokeľ
Matoušek

Marinčin-Jánošík
Jaborník-Hraško
Kozák-Trška
ČereÅ¡ňák

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Rumored line-up from practise:

Jurčo-Preisinger-Kudrna
Hrivík-Bortňák-Pánik
Vandas-Å ťastný-Majdán
Å iÅ¡ovský-Å imčák-Jokeľ
Matoušek

Marinčin-Jánošík
Jaborník-Hraško
Kozák-Trška
ČereÅ¡ňák

Hmmm, Preisinger. From epic fail in Sarnia to being kicked off the U18 team...now thrust into second line centre. I don't like it at all. Bortnak 1 and Stastny 2.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Hmmm, Preisinger. From epic fail in Sarnia to being kicked off the U18 team...now thrust into second line centre. I don't like it at all. Bortnak 1 and Stastny 2.

Nobody knows what really happened at the U18´s, IMO with Peter Bohunický being the coach back then, I would definitely not be surprised if things were not as they were presented, IMO can´t really form your opinion based on Blesk or Nový Čas write.

They probably just don´t wanna break up Å ťastný and Vandas and ruin their chemistry and Preisinger and Kudrna I believe do have a history from the earlier NT before they even went overseas. I really don´t wanna judge it before seeing how it clicks on ice.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Another important note, the fourth line for SVK last year combined for a -15 (Lapsansky -5, Grosaft -6, Vandas -4). That absolutely can't happen again if this team is to have any success. I realize it is going to happen but whoever it is this year (perhaps Sisovsky, Simcak, and Jokel) must do a better job of not getting scored on in the few minutes they are on the ice.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

kicked off... i think, it is a bubble. not worthy to mention this anymore.

bud sad is, that Preisinger was in a few year ago mentioned as a big talent, sure 1. round draft pick... way better like Tatar and Panik.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
kicked off... i think, it is a bubble. not worthy to mention this anymore.

bud sad is, that Preisinger was in a few year ago mentioned as a big talent, sure 1. round draft pick... way better like Tatar and Panik.

He was never considered better than Pánik, who was a star in the Czech junior leagues at a very young age and considered a possible top 10 pick already at 15-16, and who was pretty much the only player in recent years who played as a double underager at the U18 WHC for Slovakia.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
After 40 minutes it is Norway 0 Slovakia 0. The majority of play has been in Norway's zone but no breakthrough yet for SVK. Norway has had some good chances too. In the second period the play has become a little more rough.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
I should mention that Dominik Riečický started the game and has been relieved by Juraj Hollý. Steffen Kent Soeberg has been very strong for Norway.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
The game is now over. Norway was unable to hold the fort beyond 40 minutes. Slovakia 3 Norway 1. Tomas Jurco very nearly made it 4-1 late. Some more bounces Slovakia's way and this game wouldn't have been as close.

DrPabloRamirez

Nov 23, 2010
The game is now over. Norway was unable to hold the fort beyond 40 minutes. Slovakia 3 Norway 1. Tomas Jurco very nearly made it 4-1 late. Some more bounces Slovakia's way and this game wouldn't have been as close.
SVK goals Simcak, Marincin and Bortnak?

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009

Boxscore? Who scored from Norway (assists too)?

DrPabloRamirez

Nov 23, 2010
Boxscore? Who scored from Norway (assists too)?
unofficial:
Slovakia - Norway 3:1 (0:0, 0:0, 3:1)

42:03 Dominik Å imčák (unassisted)
47:20 Martin Marinčin (Miroslav Preisinger)
48:22 Nicholas Weberg (Joacim Sundelius)
58:12 Dalibor Bortňák (?)

Goaltenders: Riečický (Hollý) - Soeberg

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
unofficial:

Thanks.

Surprised Volden didn't play. Søberg is only seventeen, so still very young.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Dominik Simcak opened the scoring with an unassisted effort with 2:03 gone in the third period.

With 7:20 gone in the third period, Miroslav Preisinger won a faceoff in Norway's end. The puck went to Martin Marincin who blasted it past the Norwegian goaltender, 2-0 SVK.

With 8:08 expired in the third, Nicholas Weberg converted a pass from Joacim Sundelius to cut the Slovak lead to 2-1.

At the 18:12 mark of the third period, Dalibor Bortnak put a rebound into the Norwegian net making the score 3-1.

Hope that helps. Oops, Pablo was faster. :) But I've got a little bit of descriptions.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
unofficial:

SITA seems to think that Jánošík had the primary assist on Marinčin´s goal (Preisinger the secondary) and they have Bortňák´s goal unassisted. Not sure whether I´d trust what SITA writes though.

Indian

Jan 14, 2010
Košice
i was hoping for a bigger blowout so the players would gain scoring confidence. glad to see Simcak on the board though.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
i was hoping for a bigger blowout so the players would gain scoring confidence. glad to see Simcak on the board though.

Confidence combined with Slovak players when they absolutely need to beat both Germany and Switzerland is never a good thing in my opinion. Also, they would probably lose all the confidence in today´s game against the Russians.
I´m pretty content that we managed to win a game while both Pánik and Jurčo were held off the scoresheet (as were Kudrna and Hrivík).

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
This is kind of cute :)

JAMESTOWN - Hokejoví reprezentanti SR do 20 rokov prajú vÅ¡etkým návÅ¡tevníkom stránky www.szlh.sk, ako aj vÅ¡etkým hokejovým fanúšikom na Slovensku, Å¡ťastné a veselé Vianoce, veľa radosti a úspechov do nového roka 2011.
Držte nám palce na MS 20 v USA v dňoch 26. 12. 2010 - 5. 1. 2011.
Tím SR 20

I2OsxBathqKWgeS5-o.jpg

JAMESTOWN- The Slovak national U20 team players wish Merry Christmas, a lot of joy and succes for the new year 2011 to all visitors of www.szlh.sk as well as to all hockey fans in Slovakia.
Cross your fingers for us at the WJC in the US from 26th December to 5th January.
Slovakia U20

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad