F Juraj Majdán HC Litvínov/CZE 1991
F Richard Pánik Guelph Storm/OHL 1991
F Marek Hrivík Moncton Wildcats/QMJHL 1991
F Tomáš Jurčo Saint John Sea Dogs/QMJHL 1992
F Andrej Kudrna Red Deer Rebels/WHL 1991
F Dalibor Bortňák Kamloops Blazers/WHL 1991

DrPabloRamirez

Nov 23, 2010
I am quite near satisfied, solid roster.
Main concerns are about goaltenders. I really don't know who will be number 1.
4 of 7 D-men are underaged including youngest Ceresnak. Marincin should play with Janosik as they play together some years for Slovakia '92 teams.
Jabornik and Hrasko have played together some tournaments earlier this season.
3rd pair will consist of "Orange 20" players - Kozak, Trska, Ceresnak. One of them will be 7th D-man.

1st line - Panik, Bortnak, Kudrna
Next two lines
Jurco, Simcak, Hrivik, Jurco with Simcak for the same reason as Marincin + Janosik. Hrivik could make 1st line instead of Kudrna.
Jokel (Majdan), Stastny, Vandas - I have no idea about Mikes thoughts about Majdan. IMO, Majdan may move into this "Orange 20" line.
4th line - Sisovsky, Preisinger, Matousek.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I originally thought about Pánik-Kudrna and Jurčo-Hrivík as No.1,2 line winger combos, but then I´ve heard that back at the Summer Challenge Jurčo and Kudrna played together and it worked really well, I guess Bortňák was their C back there. And IMO I believe that Å ťastný will be the other center on our top 6- he´s older, more experienced and if you wanna base it on who has played with whom once upon a time, then he has too played at least with Hrivík in their U18 days.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Jesus, I look forward to these U20 championship. It is a good team. It is a pity that Tatar and Viedenský are not a little younger. That would be a great team. However does not matter and i hope this squad will achive its objective. :hyper:

I was a bit surprised Michal Murček is not there, but then i found this:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=40258

He is too low (174 cm) and lightweight (70 kg) for this tourney. Now i think it is good choice by coach Mikeš.

usual suspects

Jan 2, 2006
Fredericton, NB
Curious to see how Hrvik does in the tourney. I hope he plays well enough to get drafted or sign by a team. (is he still draft eligible?...must be if he is in the tourney)

Indian

Jan 14, 2010
Košice
As was previously mentioned the biggest question is in the net. I suppose Mikes is going try them out in the exhibition games to figure out the No.1, but then again I'm a little bit worried it will be last year all over again.
The defense is looking very solid, I just hope they will prove it on the ice too.
I think first line is going to be Panik - Bortnak - Hrivik, second Jurco - Stastny - Kudrna, maybe even switch centers. It would be funny though if there were a Kosice line with Jurco - Simcak - Jokel, but that's not going to happen :)
I'm really looking forward to the WJC games, I think I even like them a bit more than ihwc, they are more dynamic.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
It´s too bad that we won´t be able to see the Slovakia-Germany game as no signal will be created for that one. :( All other group games should be live on STV3.

DrPabloRamirez

Nov 23, 2010
It´s too bad that we won´t be able to see the Slovakia-Germany game as no signal will be created for that one. :( All other group games should be live on STV3.
CT4 will broadcast also only three games (probably same reason with Norway game). All Canada games will be on Eurosport 2 (some of them with delay because of Spengler cup), game against Russia will be on STV3 too.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
I can hardly wait to see how Martin Marincin does. He has been completely dominant in the WHL. Just a fantastic player, among the elite defencemen this year in the CHL.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
This Slovak team is quite big and solid. Good top line of players too.

Kudrna-Bortnak-Panik

Marincin-Janosik

And with Jurco, Hrvik and Stastny providing secondary scoring, I really think this team can do well. Goaltending seems to be an issue though, so hopefully Holly can pull a Janus and bring Slovakia into the medal rounds.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Hrivik had a hat trick tonight in his final game before the juniors with Moncton. :handclap:

Great player with a **** ton of skill, was over shadowed by Kabanov but is double the player. It's a shame for me as a Wildcats fan, that it was probably his last game (likely to be dealt as the Cats rebuild after a title last year) in the uniform, but none the less, great player should do great for the Slovaks! :)

Good luck! I'd guess Slovakia is my number two this year after Canada if only because of Hrivik. (Well that and they always seem to be the underdog despite being a good team in their own right).

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Hrivik had a hat trick tonight in his final game before the juniors with Moncton. :handclap:

Great player with a **** ton of skill, was over shadowed by Kabanov but is double the player. It's a shame for me as a Wildcats fan, that it was probably his last game (likely to be dealt as the Cats rebuild after a title last year) in the uniform, but none the less, great player should do great for the Slovaks! :)

Good luck! I'd guess Slovakia is my number two this year after Canada if only because of Hrivik. (Well that and they always seem to be the underdog despite being a good team in their own right).
I'll be watching Slovakia closely as well because I'd like to see Marincin play on a bigger stage. Thank you Carolina for that pick!

princegeorgehockey

Dec 15, 2010
british columbia
Marincin leads all whl defenceman in scoring playing with brett connolly in prince george. I'm interested to see how well he will do in this years tournament because by all accounts he is a very complete defenceman better than say a jared cowen on team canada.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Marincin leads all whl defenceman in scoring playing with brett connolly in prince george. I'm interested to see how well he will do in this years tournament because by all accounts he is a very complete defenceman better than say a jared cowen on team canada.

Says who?

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
This Slovak team is quite big and solid. Good top line of players too.

Kudrna-Bortnak-Panik

Marincin-Janosik

And with Jurco, Hrivik and Stastny providing secondary scoring, I really think this team can do well. Goaltending seems to be an issue though, so hopefully Holly can pull a Janus and bring Slovakia into the medal rounds.

As I previously said, I think that due to the history of playing with each other at the U20 Summer Challenge and prvodigin for the majority of Slovak scoring there, Jurčo and Kudrna will play together, I think they were centered by Bortňák there as well.

The other top line will probably be Pánik and Hrivík, not sure who´s gonna be their center, Å ťastný might be the easiest bet, but maybe they won´t want to destroy the chemistry of Å ťastn´s line from the U20 team.

Marinčin-Jánošík as the first deffense pairing, the 2nd the returnees HraÅ¡ko and Jaborník and the third one Kozák with TrÅ¡ka/ČereÅ¡ňák with the odd one out being the 7th D.

I doubt that Hollý will put on any Janus like performances, and neither will any of the two goalies- IMO Hollý might not even get into the net, we won´t really know the goaltending duo up until the exhibition games against Norway and especially Russia. With Janus most people knew that he actually was really good, he wa sthe No.1 in Erie, he´s main problem (asides from the typical inconsistency) was that his team sucked. Hollý is like what the 3rd goalie in Calgary, he´s played like 10 or something games? I definitely wouldn´t bet anything on him being the No.1 in the Slovak net. But goaltending won´t probably help us undepending on which of the goalies in the net, we will have to rely on a solid deffense first.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
As I previously said, I think that due to the history of playing with each other at the U20 Summer Challenge and prvodigin for the majority of Slovak scoring there, Jurčo and Kudrna will play together, I think they were centered by Bortňák there as well.

The other top line will probably be Pánik and Hrivík, not sure who´s gonna be their center, Šťastný might be the easiest bet, but maybe they won´t want to destroy the chemistry of Šťastn´s line from the U20 team.

Marinčin-JánošÃ­k as the first deffense pairing, the 2nd the returnees Hraško and Jaborník and the third one Kozák with Trška/Čerešňák with the odd one out being the 7th D.

I doubt that Hollý will put on any Janus like performances, and neither will any of the two goalies- IMO Hollý might not even get into the net, we won´t really know the goaltending duo up until the exhibition games against Norway and especially Russia. With Janus most people knew that he actually was really good, he wa sthe No.1 in Erie, he´s main problem (asides from the typical inconsistency) was that his team sucked. Hollý is like what the 3rd goalie in Calgary, he´s played like 10 or something games? I definitely wouldn´t bet anything on him being the No.1 in the Slovak net. But goaltending won´t probably help us undepending on which of the goalies in the net, we will have to rely on a solid deffense first.

I just figured Holly would start in net because of his size and because he's a 1991 birthdate. I've seen a video of him and he looked fairly solid, but I know I'd need to see him live to really evaluate him.

How good of a player is Peter Ceresnak? Do you think he'll be drafted this year?

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia

The other top line will probably be Pánik and Hrivík, not sure who´s gonna be their center, Å ťastný might be the easiest bet, but maybe they won´t want to destroy the chemistry of Å ťastn´s line from the U20 team.

What do you think about Majdán as a center of this line. I know he is RW in the Litvínov's fourth line where Gerhát is playing center. However I got a feeling he already played a center but I am not sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad