Reserves
Jhonas Enroth
Marcus Nyberg
Björn Svensson
Patric Hörnqvist (Nashville)

Last edited:

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Your right on cue for posting this... I was about to draft him in my pool... thank you!

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Fan.At said:
Will Sebastian Karlsson be drafted in 06?

Nah, overlooked once already and he is having a pretty mediocre season (I am somewhat surprised he made the team in fact).

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Update: The New Jersey Devils have just cleared Nicklas Bergfors to play. Great news for Swedish fans as he will probably be the second best/most important forward after Nicklas Bäckström on the team.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
I don´t know about second best but I would be surprised if a "Nicklas" doesn´t win the swedish scoring title.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
therealdeal said:
Aside from Bergfors who are the players to watch for?

Defensemen...
Alexander Edler... highest scoring WHL defenseman before joining the Swedish WJC camp
Anton Strålman ... top defenseman on the team. Maple Leafs prospects, logs good minutes in the SEL
Petter Ullman ... personal favourite. Average sized defenseman that likes to hit a lot.

Forwards...
Nicklas Bäckström ... the top center of SEL team Brynäs. Has had a tremendous season and should be one of the top playmakers of the tournament. Expected to be a top 10-15 pick in the next draft.
Erik Andersson ... undrafted 86-year born who is having a great rookie season in the SEL.
Johan Ryno ... 6'5 monster with very good offensive skills. drafted by the Wings.
Fredrik pettersson ... plays for the Calgary Hitmen, good scoring touch, speed and technical skills.

Newfie John

Hall of Famer
Jul 3, 2005
Good to see Sundh make it. He's looked good with the Fog Devils. Too bad that Bergfors wasn't playing for the Devils this year.

Newfie John

Hall of Famer
Jul 3, 2005
An Ape called Yoko said:
IYO, has Sundh been the top forward on the team?

Still a really fastskating twoway-forward?

He's very fast. He's defensively responsible but what I didn't know about him before this year is his scoring touch. I don't know if he just developed that part of his game but he's been a very dangerous offensive threat for the Fog Devils. Top forward on the team for sure.

Geese_Howard*

Anton Strålman

havent heard much of him, being a leafs fan. Can someone give me a 411 on his play this year and possible potential?

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
What is the word on Johannes Salmonsson? He had a very good WJC's last year but I've noticed that no one has mentioned him as a player to watch. Is he not expected to put up many points for Sweden this year?

Twist and Shout

Dec 30, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
nucks&flames said:
I'm going to Swedens first game against Russia :handclap: Who should i watch for? (aside from Malkin :bow: )

Nicklas Bäckström.. he's going to be a special player in the NHL and is eligible for the 2006 draft. Also, it would be cool if you could give us a report about Sweden's defense.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Doomsday Device said:
He hasn't exactly been tearing it up in the WHL. 9 points in 26 games.
I noticed that... is there any particular reason why? He was one of the scoring leaders in the last WJC's so you'd think that he'd be a lock to be a top 10 guy this year...

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Predatore said:
Forwards...
Nicklas Bäckström ... the top center of SEL team Brynäs. Has had a tremendous season and should be one of the top playmakers of the tournament. Expected to be a top 10-15 pick in the next draft.
:eek:
I fail to see how an elegible guy (not overager) who is already playing as top center in the SEL could fall out of the top 10 in his draft year (that is not 2003..)

btw predatore, considering also that Bergfors has been cleared to play, can we expect Sweden to be more competitive than in recent years? (i would think so)
What about the goalie?

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
Doomsday Device said:
He hasn't exactly been tearing it up in the WHL. 9 points in 26 games.
That is so weird. He has been awful it seems. He should be dominating. We have less good players who have been doing much much better in WHL and the OHL. Im guessing Salmonsson must have a disagreement with the coach or something. He is a bit known for being not too humble.

I have no idea where he stands... he did make the team, but I actually thought it was a possibilty he would get cut. He must have had a good camp, and showed coach Bendelin that he still got it.

Im really upset that big winger Anton Hedman (Sudbury Wolves) didn´t make the team. He wasn´t even selected for the camp... :shakehead

A Good Flying Bird*

An Ape called Yoko said:
I´d like to add Mattias Ritola as a player to watch out for.

He has an amazing technique.. with what he can do a lot nice things.

I hope so. But from what I've seen of him, I'm not that happy with the Ritola pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad