Final round - Your thoughts?

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
A little backstory - So my family and friends created a yearly NHL playoffs bracket going on 18 years ago in memory of a friend who was a big Detroit fan who was killed in a car accident who was nicknamed Pop's. So we created the "Pop's memorial cup" and every playoffs we pick the winning team in each series, number of games they win in, PIM leader, goal/assist leader, Save %/wins/GAA (minimum of 10 games played). Every round except for the final round you can re-pick your statistical categories, the finals has the Conn Smythe and game winning goal. Now in the final round being a Dallas fan i am left with this conundrum:

These are the final categories:
  • Winner of 2) TBL vs. 3) DAL
  • # of games
  • Conn Smythe Winner (Playoff MVP) - worth 3 points
  • Stanley Cup Clinching Goal Scorer - worth 5 points
What would your picks be for these final categories:
Dallas
6 games
Heiskanen
Pavelski

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Dallas
7 games
Heiskanen
Gurianov

I'd go Bolts but I think that Point isn't going to be able to play very effectively much longer, they are running out of bodies.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
A little backstory - So my family and friends created a yearly NHL playoffs bracket going on 18 years ago in memory of a friend who was a big Detroit fan who was killed in a car accident who was nicknamed Pop's. So we created the "Pop's memorial cup" and every playoffs we pick the winning team in each series, number of games they win in, PIM leader, goal/assist leader, Save %/wins/GAA (minimum of 10 games played). Every round except for the final round you can re-pick your statistical categories, the finals has the Conn Smythe and game winning goal. Now in the final round being a Dallas fan i am left with this conundrum:

These are the final categories:
  • Winner of 2) TBL vs. 3) DAL
  • # of games
  • Conn Smythe Winner (Playoff MVP) - worth 3 points
  • Stanley Cup Clinching Goal Scorer - worth 5 points
What would your picks be for these final categories:

Stars
6 games
Victor Hedmen
Jamie Benn

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
So now that the SCF are done i will share my picks which i hit on every finals stat and won $400 by 1 point (no pun intended)

Lightning in 6
Hedman MVP
Point GWG

Congrats to Tampa! I know there was some shit talking in the threads but it was a good series and Dallas will be back.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Frankly, a bit disappointed in Dallas. I expected a better series.

Except for the first game, where a fresh Dallas beat an exhausted Tampa, it was prety much Tampa shutting them down, while Kudobin held them in.

If it wasn't that this was for the Cup, I'd say the East final was more exciting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad