Proposal: Final Playoffs Avatars Theme Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Because this board cannot make up its mind fast enough, last poll with the final themes:

Feels good man - Legends
2u9pzjn.gif
2875x.gif
263wk95.gif

Feels good man - Frog
Feels-Good-Man-GIF_zps817809f4.gif

OMG who the hell cares ?
QkwEXLg.gif
k9nxoeB.gif
GxBcjaj.gif

Nuke 'Em feat. someone that looks like pine
l.gif
l.gif
l.gif

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
The frog always makes me laugh cuz I imagine his deep jazz voice, but the legends one has the best 3 frames. Really like the knit font. As long as we can find enough legends to share (thankfully it's the Habs), should be good to go.

Only ironic thing is that is feels f'in badddd right now

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Lol I like the first three a lot. I can't decide between those. Something about 'OMG WHO THE HELL CARES' in my head is making me laugh so hard right now though.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Because this board cannot make up its mind fast enough, last poll with the final themes:

Like I just said in the previous thread, this might go on well after Habs are on the golf course :laugh:

(it was fun while it lasted)

C'mon, folks, let get this done!

Deadline? When do we close this? Friday at midnight?

Nuke 'Em feat. someone that looks like pine
l.gif

Don't be fooled by the LEGO avatar. That guy is actually BobbyFisher :sarcasm:

(now BobbyFisher* - yes, he's got an *)

Last edited:

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Maybe this can make all of us bipolar Habs fans feel better...

The Washington board is leaning towards a 'You forgot to flush' theme. Someone even suggested using the timeless 'Crapitals' joke. Also, Ovechkin's a floater, ha ha :shakehead

No ****.

At least we're not THAT crazy ;)

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
If I could vote, I'd vote for the OMG Who the hell cares?!

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Can a Mod add my vote to the poll please?

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Can we reserve some tags in advance (in case we go with Legends)?

I really want:

"#11 2Legit 2Quit" (Gallagher/Saku)

OT: Coldplay, your inbox is full, just fyi!

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
I know it's way too late for suggestions, but we could put this one in the vault for next year.

Anyone watch Archer? There's an obvious theme involving "Call Kenny Loggins, because you are entering the DANGER ZONE"

And other Danger Zone type jokes (Obv. danger zone = playoffs).

Anyways, food for thought for next year.

p.s. If you don't watch Archer, you should. It's great.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Can we reserve some tags in advance (in case we go with Legends)?

I really want:

"#11 2Legit 2Quit" (Gallagher/Saku)

Might be difficult to please everyone if we're gonna play the matchup game. That's gonna be 2 panels to 'shop + text to fit for every avatar. We're gonna have to subcontract them overseas ;)

Best case scenario would be that Yep already has 8-10 Legends to propose, and members submit a pic of the player they want in the avatar with a short tagline.

"#11 2Legit 2Quit" might be hard to fit under a picture of Gallagher. Remember, the pic needs to be good enough that we can recognize the player at a size of 90 X 90 approx, plus the text has to be big enough to be read on a 125 X 125 panel, so keep your catchphrases/taglines/punchlines/jokes short 'n sweet. (Anything Smurfs or Hobbit-related should do just fine :D)

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
I know it's way too late for suggestions, but we could put this one in the vault for next year.

Anyone watch Archer? There's an obvious theme involving "Call Kenny Loggins, because you are entering the DANGER ZONE"

"You know what's dangerous? You're obsession with me. Seriously Lana, call Kenny Loggins.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com

Gonzo, you take my breath away :nod:

Archer is an interesting suggestion, but for it to look great, the players would have to be 'shopped in the same comic book look/feel. Kinda what I did a while ago with Armstrong when he finally scored his first goal:

l.png

The avatars would look great, but we'd have to prepare them weeks in advance.

1- will Habs clinch this early next year?

2- will it take 3 weeks for the board to make up its mind?

Last edited:

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Might be difficult to please everyone if we're gonna play the matchup game. That's gonna be 2 panels to 'shop + text to fit for every avatar. We're gonna have to subcontract them overseas ;)

Best case scenario would be that Yep already has 8-10 Legends to propose, and members submit a pic of the player they want in the avatar with a short tagline.

"#11 2Legit 2Quit" might be hard to fit under a picture of Gallagher. Remember, the pic needs to be good enough that we can recognize the player at a size of 90 X 90 approx, plus the text has to be big enough to be read on a 125 X 125 panel, so keep your catchphrases/taglines/punchlines/jokes short 'n sweet. (Anything Smurfs or Hobbit-related should do just fine :D)

Cool. Just to be clear, we'll have to match our current Hab to one of 8-10 legends? We'll have to pick these legends wisely if they're each going to apply to multiple players/attributes.

Guess ill wait for the list if legends in that case. I guess "honey badger" would work for gally too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad