GDT: Final GDT, Stars @ Hawks, 7 PM CT, NBCSN

Are you happy or surprised with the outcome of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But see Kane had a poor game last gamecandceven worsectonight Before JC kept over using him in OT..

This is a coach who was "rewardibg" a 10.5 who played lijec10 cents the prior 120 minutes...

Insteadvhecshouldchave benchedvKanebinOT to set an example to the yutes that evenstars lije Kane that do not show up are just not goingl to get ice time when game on the line.

Kane stunk even morebonOT givenakkthe open space and set a bad example of slopoyvand lack of desire and urgency and sharpness to getca win.
Kanexwas a disgrace tonight and even more so inOT.

Thisxwasvpnevofvtgecworstvperformances byvthecHawkscall seadon.

Nobody knew what tgey were doing...sloppy d-zonebplay...incompetence on check atemptsvorvblown coverage...letting free passes to our net...itcwas putrid...

A horrible game from NHK professionals who looked bewilderedvhowctobpkayvthe game ...A fewvoccaisiobal interuptionsvofvrishesxwherecHawjs managed to convert on their few...very few...svorongbchNces.

Itcas dreadful hockey...dreadful coaching by JC...and a deserving outcome for Dallas who dominated play .

So here is tge goid news:

Hawks look like front runners in the Shane Wright Sweepstakes tgec2022 draft.

We will be horrible...even more so next season given that nobody can defend on the Hawksxabd even if Toews comes back the mess will depres hom quickly to tgebpintbof just push the clock and cash tge 10 5.

This team is bad..will be bad...and sink further next season..

Of course they will want to tank so JC will keep the job as Hawks sprintnt to last place next season..

The hockey godsvowe us fans that lotto win on 2022...Because no fan should endure watching such incompetence only instead of seeing it 56 games we must endure 82 games of mess next season...
This was brutal .

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
People can joke about whatever they want and then people are free to be offended by whatever they (don't) like. Foley's issue is he isn't paid to make jokes.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hawks will draft 12th pre-lotto unless CGY gets at keast 7 of 8 points they still can grab from their final 4 games...

7 points would tie us but they would rank higher in the standings on more wins.

So we probably draft 22th but tgere is this chance CGY could surpass if they get 3 wins and 1OTL in the last 4 games or winall 4 outright.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
But see Kane had a poor game last gamecandceven worsectonight Before JC kept over using him in OT..

This is a coach who was "rewardibg" a 10.5 who played lijec10 cents the prior 120 minutes...

Insteadvhecshouldchave benchedvKanebinOT to set an example to the yutes that evenstars lije Kane that do not show up are just not goingl to get ice time when game on the line.

Kane stunk even morebonOT givenakkthe open space and set a bad example of slopoyvand lack of desire and urgency and sharpness to getca win.
Kanexwas a disgrace tonight and even more so inOT.

Thisxwasvpnevofvtgecworstvperformances byvthecHawkscall seadon.

Nobody knew what tgey were doing...sloppy d-zonebplay...incompetence on check atemptsvorvblown coverage...letting free passes to our net...itcwas putrid...

A horrible game from NHK professionals who looked bewilderedvhowctobpkayvthe game ...A fewvoccaisiobal interuptionsvofvrishesxwherecHawjs managed to convert on their few...very few...svorongbchNces.

Itcas dreadful hockey...dreadful coaching by JC...and a deserving outcome for Dallas who dominated play .

So here is tge goid news:

Hawks look like front runners in the Shane Wright Sweepstakes tgec2022 draft.

We will be horrible...even more so next season given that nobody can defend on the Hawksxabd even if Toews comes back the mess will depres hom quickly to tgebpintbof just push the clock and cash tge 10 5.

This team is bad..will be bad...and sink further next season..

Of course they will want to tank so JC will keep the job as Hawks sprintnt to last place next season..

The hockey godsvowe us fans that lotto win on 2022...Because no fan should endure watching such incompetence only instead of seeing it 56 games we must endure 82 games of mess next season...
This was brutal .

Yes this post is brutal.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
What an idiot. I know people think it’s harmless to make suicide jokes, some do it here and I usually say something, but I don’t know how you can be so oblivious especially as many are going through mental challenges from this pandemic.

This, I agree with. Especially not on a national broadcast.
That said, I also hope they check in with him and make sure he's doing okay.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
What an idiot. I know people think it’s harmless to make suicide jokes, some do it here and I usually say something, but I don’t know how you can be so oblivious especially as many are going through mental challenges from this pandemic.

I think I misinterpreted it in real time. I thought he said if he were out on the road he couldn't resist going out w/the boys and that'd be "like a bullet to my head".. As in, getting sick.

sandyfalkirk

Jun 18, 2014
Scotland
This game felt like our season in a way...

started bright and surprising. Great goaltending with horrible defending...

Then the usual appearance lately of conceding goals at key times and goals in batches of a minute or two, throwing away leads and abysmal defensive play.

Delia played really well and let in 5 lol.

What do you do with the goalies next year? Is Subban number 2? I actually felt Delia got a raw dealia.

Can Toews and Dach coming back fix our high shots against terrible defensive play? The power play regressed back to sucking badly too.

Strange year. I enjoyed a lot of it and it looked really grim so I ticked surprised and happy- as that is an overall assessment. But man lot in there not to like too.

Find a way to let De Hann and Zadorov go next year. One is done and the other far too inconsistent to be reliable.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I feel like Scotty Bowman went full nimby in that interview.

He absolved JC of criticism while simultaneously pointing out he'd never get anywhere in his day coaching like JC does. Interesting.

I'll paraphrase Scotty's comments: "I had success by a no-nonsense approach. I simply couldn't allow any player or group of players not play the game properly and everyone knew it. They would be benched or in the minors until they got it"

Other coaches who patterned their style after Scotty were Iron Mike, Torts and Hitch.

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Strome really does seem to live in an alternate reality when it comes to his play. He probably thinks because he collected a few points in his final games of the season that he has proven that JC was wrong in benching him.

It's amazing to me that he can be buddies with DeBrincat, watch how he's changed his game, and just not get it.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Probably 100% accurate.

I dated a girl whose sister was a soccer stud in high school. She was around 6 foot, big build, huge thighs. Anyways, we'd visit her senior year before a match and she'd be cramming donuts & chocolate milk, laying around all day doing nothing, lol. And, she never practiced beyond team practice.

Long story short, she got a nice scholarship, Arizona State maybe and it in no time she was cut from the team and the soccer thing was yesterday's news. Lots of kids just have the genes and the situation all lined up from day 1.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Perhaps Cat was always at a disadvantage his entire career while Strome developed having a few inches/girth/IQ on everyone around him and didn't have to put in as much work before draft day.

And Cat (even though established) continues to work hard on his game to make himself better still.... the same mentality that he has had all through his amateur days.
Strome will need to adopt that mentality and quickly.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad