Line Combos: Final 4th Line Spot

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I don`t know if I see any reason for Santorelli over Higgins on the third line personally. It didn't even sound like he was a full-time 4th liner.

Isn't he not so great defensively? Combine that with Schroeder/Booth.....

I really liked the Booth-Kassian chemistry, but I guess realistically, he has to play with the sedins if Burrows isn't.

Hansen? I think he plays well with the twins. They need someone to help them get in on the forecheck, Hansen forechecks as well as anyone we have imo. He should play there part time at least.

Higgins is the only player I've seen Kesler have real chemistry with. They play a similar game but Higgins is happy to have Kesler with the puck on his stick. They should play together.

Sedin/Sedin/Hansen
Higgins/Kesler/Burrows
Booth/Schroeder/Kassian
Richardson/Santorelli/Weise

Santorelli makes the team as the 12th forward with the group we have right now. We need someone that can win some face-offs.

Probably Kassian.

That would be disappointing. Hopefully it's less Roxy and more Rocky this offseason.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Hansen? I think he plays well with the twins. They need someone to help them get in on the forecheck, Hansen forechecks as well as anyone we have imo. He should play there part time at least.

Higgins is the only player I've seen Kesler have real chemistry with. They play a similar game but Higgins is happy to have Kesler with the puck on his stick. They should play together.

Sedin/Sedin/Hansen
Higgins/Kesler/Burrows
Booth/Schroeder/Kassian
Richardson/Santorelli/Weise

Santorelli makes the team as the 12th forward with the group we have right now. We need someone that can win some face-offs.

That would be disappointing. Hopefully it's less Roxy and more Rocky this offseason.
I like Hansen playing with Burrows and Kesler way too much, though-- Hansen with the twins works really well as a stop-gap solution, but that's a really low-ceiling line with the Sedins, IMO.

I like Higgins with Kesler and Kesler with Burrows, but for some reason, I don't like Higgins - Kesler - Burrows

I honestly would rather to see

Sedin - Sedin - Higgins
Burrows - Kesler - Hansen

although that's not ideal either. Higgins plays a board-game that should mesh perfectly with the twins, IMO. He can do the dirty work that Burrows did for them, and he has better puck skill/offensive instincts/finish than Hansen, IMO.

But again, I think I would ideally want to go with

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian/Someone else/Offensive Prospect
Higgins? or Booth - XX - Kassian
XX - Richardson - Weise

Last edited:

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I don`t know if I see any reason for Santorelli over Higgins on the third line personally. It didn't even sound like he was a full-time 4th liner.

Isn't he not so great defensively? Combine that with Schroeder/Booth.....

I really liked the Booth-Kassian chemistry, but I guess realistically, he has to play with the sedins if Burrows isn't.

Santorelli over Higgins on the 3rd is more about style of play and giving the line an identity. He's had former chemistry with Booth. I think he's the next best RW besides Kassian that fits on a line with Booth. That line would be about supporting the offense, and not necessarily a traditional 3rd line. The hard match lines are 2 and 4.

Santorelli isn't terrible defensively. He's played a bottom6 role in FLA and WPG.

I think the "lock" will be Kassian with the twins, and by way of that, Burrows with Kesler. The remaining is figuring out the best winger to round out the 2nd line. If that's Hansen, then Higgins and Booth get relegated to the bottom6, in whatever combination. From my perspective, I don't like Hansen with Schroeder, so he gets the bump. I also think Santorelli will be a good offensive option with Booth. Could be they click, or Higgins secures the 3rd line RW. Could go either way, but I believe Booth-Schroeder should be played together the most. After that, it's just about finding the best complimentary RW.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Sedin Sedin Kassian
Booth Kesler Burrows
Higgins Schroeder Hansen
Richardson Santorelli Weise
Sestito

when the team needs a shakeup:

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Kesler Hansen
Booth Schroeder Santorelli
Higgins Richardson Weise

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Santorelli over Higgins on the 3rd is more about style of play and giving the line an identity. He's had former chemistry with Booth. I think he's the next best RW besides Kassian that fits on a line with Booth. That line would be about supporting the offense, and not necessarily a traditional 3rd line. The hard match lines are 2 and 4.

Santorelli isn't terrible defensively. He's played a bottom6 role in FLA and WPG.

I think the "lock" will be Kassian with the twins, and by way of that, Burrows with Kesler. The remaining is figuring out the best winger to round out the 2nd line. If that's Hansen, then Higgins and Booth get relegated to the bottom6, in whatever combination. From my perspective, I don't like Hansen with Schroeder, so he gets the bump. I also think Santorelli will be a good offensive option with Booth. Could be they click, or Higgins secures the 3rd line RW. Could go either way, but I believe Booth-Schroeder should be played together the most. After that, it's just about finding the best complimentary RW.
I'm just irrationally in love with the idea of a Burrows-Kesler-Hansen line (fromt he moment that line was broken). I think it would be exponentionally better than any other winger playing with Burrows-Kesler, personally, and would be the all-purpose playoff hardened line we've been sorely lacking in the playoffs.

I can see the chemistry thing, but I don't have nearly enough faith in Santorelli being good enough to want to do something like that, personally.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

That actually might be the second line. Hansen has shown offensive creativity, although still very defensive minded. If he can take his current game up one notch, it may be a good fit.

Then for the bottom 6.

Booth - Richardson - Higgins

4th line might feature some youth.

Santorelli - Horvat - Schroeder = for less physical games
Weise, Sestito for more physical matchups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad