Confirmed with Link: Final 23-man roster

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
There's more than Grigorenko, frankly I don't consider him much of a factor until he actually gets in on a unit. Hodgson, however, has all the tools to be great on the PP. Good passer, good IQ, good vision, really good slapper. Having someone like Pominville back there with Ehrhoff is a world different than Gragnani and his inability to shoot. Pominville is a smart passer and has a solid shot. I hope to see him stay back on the point unless someone else proves that can do a good job opposite Ehrhoff. Throw in whomever as the other winger (Leino, Grigorenko, etc) and that can be a dangerous unit. It's all about being able to take advantage of Ehrhoff and having solid players around him with Vanek anchoring the front of the net (though I'd be fine with utilizing him differently for a change to spare the guy some punishment).

Second unit is a question mark but it should be pretty decent with Ennis-Stafford, Myers, and whatever else can work. Foligno's getting the chance to prove he can be dangerous around the net on the PP but we'll see. There's very likely better options on the team like Leino and Grigorenko.

And I like where your heads at :5:

Not once did you say Hodgson WILL be awesome on the PP. Or Foligno WILL be effective on the PP. Or Grigorenko WILL be sick on his PP unit. Do they have a chance to be? Sure.

If history is a teacher, no matter who is on the PP units, it will be average. Not great, not the worst.

My mindset is ... Don't believe the hype (flava flav) .... Prove it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad