Filthy goal by Kyle Turris.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Some people never learn.

Never use GOTY in a thread with a nice goal because people spend more time arguing about that instead of admiring the result.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Twas a beauty for sure. Most highlight reel goals come from defensive breakdowns, so that shouldn't take away from the one man show Turris put on there. I wouldn't put it up there with the goals of the year, but it was pretty sick.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Bryz had a few...'rusty' spots in this game. As a Sens fan, its nice to cash in on a rusty tender. Need points in a bad way right now.

As a Bryz fan, I hope this game was a stepping stone to getting back into NHL shape.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Getzlaf showing how he's hard to be contained. Gryba's not a small guy and just got spanked there.

Nynja*

Unreal goal against the Ducks. End to end short hander. Just wow. Might be battling Bobby Ryan for goal of the season so far. Dekes through 3 defenders than puts it top corner. Waiting on YouTube/gif

Not to nitpick, but he actually dekes one person, and its a forward :x

Still nice though, dont get me wrong.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Nice goal but imo I apprreciate the shot more than the move. That shot was perfect along with that release

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
If anyone can find Rene Bourque's ego or pride, please mail it back to the Anaheim Ducks.

As for Turris...Pavel Datsyuk would envy that stick-handling. The defense (other than Bourque) was sound...Turris just beat it.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Unreal goal against the Ducks. End to end short hander. Just wow. Might be battling Bobby Ryan for goal of the season so far. Dekes through 3 defenders than puts it top corner. Waiting on YouTube/gif

What? :laugh: It was a good effort type goal but nothing about it says a top goal of the year.

MaKi

Marschak's #1 Fan
Apr 13, 2007
Marschak's Bandwagon
I was a little let down by the lead up, as he essentially only had to go through Rene "Pylon" Bourque, but that shot was unreal.
He didn't have much time to get that shot off either, because there was another Ducks player coming across to try and mop up after Bourque, but Turris gets the shot off just in time.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
What on earth is Anaheim's defense doing there? The way they played that, it looks like Turris could've just said "excuse me" and they'd have obliged.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
I was a little let down by the lead up, as he essentially only had to go through Rene "Pylon" Bourque, but that shot was unreal.
He didn't have much time to get that shot off either, because there was another Ducks player coming across to try and mop up after Bourque, but Turris gets the shot off just in time.

From what I saw, it looks like Turris carries the puck into the middle of three Ducks defending (two defense and .... the Bourque), then gets Bourque to engage him and uses him to block off the defense and then uses that wicked release to great effect top corner.

There's a lot going on with this goal, and all of it very heads up by Turris.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
i won't lie I've been critical of Turris this year but theres no doubt he has one of the best wrist shots in the entire league. It's poetry in motion when he gets a chance to snap a shot off like that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad