Confirmed with Link: Filppula 'questionable' for Wednesday vs. Kings

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Hopefully, the Wings are moving him for a forward that likes to shoot, go to the front of the net, be a difference maker and not play "fly-by" defense.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground

Hopefully it's still the lingering effects of his off-season injury, not to sound like a dick but that is the only acceptable excuse for his poor play of late.
If that is the case I'd rather they let him rest the leg for awhile and either give Tats a shot in the top 6 and call up Ferraro/Sheahan for a bottom 6 role, or just sit Filp and play Goose.
It's not like he is 2011/12 Filp out there, he's been invisible. Allow him to rest and get back to 100%, and give some valuable top 6 minutes to Tatar/Nyquist.

CloneHakanPlease*

Kinda torn if whether or not I want him out to fully recover. Really depends on if we are going to trade him/let him go. If Managment wants to resign him I want him playing bad this whole season to kill his contract value.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Johan Franzen back in, Filppula out vs. LA Kings Wednesday

Franzen in, Filppula out Wednesday vs. LA Kings. Kings have won 4 straight. Last 10 7-3-0.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
It'll be nice to see Franzen back. Aka, a worthy player on Datsyuk's wing.

Filppula? He's not even playing well in games that he's not recording points (which is most of them), so I'm indifferent.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
You knew the injuries have to even out. Franzen comes back, Fil goes out.

Now with Smith and Coco coming back this weekend that means Coco and one other player must get hurt. Ericsson and Kronwall haven't been hurt yet, they're due.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
You knew the injuries have to even out. Franzen comes back, Fil goes out.

Now with Smith and Coco coming back this weekend that means Coco and one other player must get hurt. Ericsson and Kronwall haven't been hurt yet, they're due.

I think if both Colaiacovo had left shoulder injury, Kronwall and Ericsson should blow their right shoulders. Just like at Sharks Demers and Braun came back from Europe with same hand injury, but Braun had it in left hand and Demers at right. :sarcasm:

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Which god did the Red Wings piss off?

Seriously. This is ****ing absurd. What's the record for man-games lost to injury in a season, and how close are we to it?

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I'd take a Franzen for Flip swap any day. Both guys are inconsistent, but Franzen diversifies our top 6 and can single-handedly dominate. Flip needs a partner in crime a la Hank, Hossa, or Datsyuk to be anything special.

DatsyukianDeke*

I seriously hope they trade him. Last year was just pure fluke. If you can't score on Datsyuk's wing, and you can't score on Zetterberg's wing then get the **** off the team. His defense doesn't make up for the lack of goals someone else would have scored.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I seriously hope they trade him. Last year was just pure fluke. If you can't score on Datsyuk's wing, and you can't score on Zetterberg's wing then get the **** off the team. His defense doesn't make up for the lack of goals someone else would have scored.

Last year was a pure fluke OR he is actually that good and he is playing hurt this year

DatsyukianDeke*

Last year was a pure fluke OR he is actually that good and he is playing hurt this year

He is playing like the previous years before last year. He won't shoot the damn puck, is scared of any sort of physical play. He is basically gone back to a 40 point forward again.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He is playing like the previous years before last year. He won't shoot the damn puck, is scared of any sort of physical play. He is basically gone back to a 40 point forward again.

I think it's more than that. He's not skating or carrying the puck like he usually does. I agree he is shying away from contact, but I think that is due to the fact he is playing hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad