Confirmed with Link: Filppula 'questionable' for Wednesday vs. Kings

RedWingsNow*

In the third period, maybe midway through, Flip got hit in the leftwing corner of his own zone. You could see he was hurt. I don't think he took another shift.
That's why Andersson was out there for his goal with Z

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
You knew the injuries have to even out. Franzen comes back, Fil goes out.

Now with Smith and Coco coming back this weekend that means Coco and one other player must get hurt. Ericsson and Kronwall haven't been hurt yet, they're due.

Franzens never been good with dats

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007

Datsyuk played some of the best hockey of his career in 2009 when Franzen was put on his wing (alongside Holmstrom.)

They've had stretches where they've worked well, but they've also had stretches where they haven't.

They sucked together after Datsyuk returned from injury last year. Part of it was because Datsyuk couldn't skate (and neither could Franzen or Bertuzzi), but part of it was because Franzen was playing so soft: He wasn't engaging along the boards and was consistently losing 50/50 puck battles. He would simply skate the puck into the offensive zone and turn it over before Datsyuk could catch up to the play.

If Franzen is hard on the puck, put him on Datsyuk's wing. If he's playing soft, he's a waste of talent.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013

Yeah he was. Franzen is just hot and cold. When he's cold you barely notice him. When he's hot he's white hot and goes on a TEAR. He's just one of those players you gotta match him up with someone who can dish it to him and see what happens.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
These revolving door injuries are getting insane. One comes back another is out the same day.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Keeping Hossa would have made the last few years much different. Chicago has Toews and Kane and I still think Hossa is their best player.

Flip being injured, boo.

I wish he was playing like last year.
Sadly he isn't.

His contract is definitely going to be hurting.

Sadly I expect him to want 4Mil
If he keeps playing like he is now (0.5PPG)
then he only deserves 3Mil. (I.E. no raise)

I expect him to walk without at least getting Quincey money! LOL

:)dumbo:)-I just think this one isn't used enough LOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad