Fill in the blank-Aaron Ekblad is_____

Aaron Ekblad is

• Total voters

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
would have said good

yeah

feels weird that there's options for both "mediocre" and "average" but nothing in between "decent" and "very good"

"decent" feels like it's selling him short but "very good" to me implies someone like a Ryan Suter that typically isn't quite competing for the Norris but is one step below that and a very clear cut #1 D

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I’ve watched the game I’m not seeing what your seeing buddy. I’m not a biased fan either I’ve been a habs fan for about 3 months. Check my posts if you don’t believe me. I like almost every player in this league. If it was two seconds of light stick checks then domi would be doing that every second shift. There’s more to it than that man. Domi called ekblads bluff. He chirped him on more than one occasion that game. Ekblad then looked to the ref for saviour and got popped. I bet next time he wont be looking at the ref when someone is in his grill. I get a pretty good idea of certain players and what they are about. Ekblad is not a number one pick you want to build around I gurantee you that.
Who cares? And who cares? Clearly this is your issue.
You keep repeating stuff that didn't happen. Just to justify this incident because of your boring dislike for Ekblad.
That doesn't change the reality that this was all Domi being a nut job, and nothing else.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
There is a tier blatantly missed in the poll. Voted very good, because good isn't an option and he's above average.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
You keep repeating stuff that didn't happen. Just to justify this incident because of your boring dislike for Ekblad.
That doesn't change the reality that this was all Domi being a nut job, and nothing else.

That’s is your opinion that nothing happened

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
People are living on old merits, Ekblad has played like a 1D for a long stretch this year.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I would say he's a #2 on many teams. He's not a guy who carries a pairing yet, but can play with elite players and do just fine. Look at Morgan Rielly. He didn't really break out until he was 23 and in his 5th season in the NHL. Defencemen take longer to develop and Ekblad is no exception. I expect him to be a very good #1 guy in the next season or two.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010

The funny part is that you think you are right, my boring hate for him? the fact that you are calling domi a psycho and a nut job for something that has literally happened a million times in the nhl shows me you are just mad your player got popped. Yah new nhl is softer but the fact that you only get suspended preseason games over this tells you that this is still part of the game, obviously ekblad did something to piss off domi but you want to keep ignoring that chalking it off as domi being a serial killer, loool fact is ekblad is soft and was trying to be a tough guy and got called out for it and got punched. That’s the way it is buddy, violence is apart of the game still and obviously the nhl factored in something to only warrant preseason suspy. Like maybe the fact that ekblad should be trying to protect himself there instead of being shit scared of a 5’10 guy. People say you don’t need to fight anymore and they are right but this is what can happen when you don’t want to fight and with little consequence from the nhl. This is hockey, been played like this for decades, man the f*** up ekblad. Go ahead and cry for your boy maybe they will put domi in jail soon since he’s such a “nut job”

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
The funny part is that you think you are right, my boring hate for him? the fact that you are calling domi a psycho and a nut job for something that has literally happened a million times in the nhl shows me you are just mad your player got popped. Yah new nhl is softer but the fact that you only get suspended preseason games over this tells you that this is still part of the game, obviously ekblad did something to piss off domi but you want to keep ignoring that chalking it off as domi being a serial killer, loool fact is ekblad is soft and was trying to be a tough guy and got called out for it and got punched. That’s the way it is buddy, violence is apart of the game still and obviously the nhl factored in something to only warrant preseason suspy. Like maybe the fact that ekblad should be trying to protect himself there instead of being **** scared of a 5’10 guy. People say you don’t need to fight anymore and they are right but this is what can happen when you don’t want to fight and with little consequence from the nhl. This is hockey, been played like this for decades, man the **** up ekblad. Go ahead and cry for your boy maybe they will put domi in jail soon since he’s such a “nut job”
What are even talking about? Do you even know? What does what you're saying have to do with anything about this situation. I could be a serial killer for all you know. Again, this is your issue. You don't know me, you don't know what kind of NHL I like. Who cares about fighting or non fighting? I'm talking about what happened in this game and the reasons for it. Again, I don't care who fights, I don't care if they blow each other's brains out, just have some logic to it. Like I said, just let everyone know that it's a brawl waiting to happen and then let's do a kill or be killed.
Didn't come to a preseason game to fight. Didn't do anything to suggest they wanted to get into a fight. This isn't about who wanted to fight and who didn't. This is about who was stupid and insane.
"obviously ekblad did something to piss off domi" That's the whole freaking point! It's not obvious. Show me what Ekblad did that was any different from what's done all game every hockey game. And that was just a couple of seconds of that on top of it. That's why I said, this is your issue. This is about your boring dislike for Ekblad, nothing you're saying points to any other conclusion but that. After all that long post you just made, just made my point even more. If Ekblad would have actually did something, then I couldn't care less what happens to him.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
What are even talking about? Do you even know? What does what you're saying have to do with anything about this situation. I could be a serial killer for all you know. Again, this is your issue. You don't know me, you don't know what kind of NHL I like. Who cares about fighting or non fighting? I'm talking about what happened in this game and the reasons for it. Again, I don't care who fights, I don't care if they blow each other's brains out, just have some logic to it. Like I said, just let everyone know that it's a brawl waiting to happen and then let's do a kill or be killed.
Didn't come to a preseason game to fight. Didn't do anything to suggest they wanted to get into a fight. This isn't about who wanted to fight and who didn't. This is about who was stupid and insane.
"obviously ekblad did something to piss off domi" That's the whole freaking point! It's not obvious. Show me what Ekblad did that was any different from what's done all game every hockey game. And that was just a couple of seconds of that on top of it. That's why I said, this is your issue. This is about your boring dislike for Ekblad, nothing you're saying points to any other conclusion but that. After all that long post you just made, just made my point even more. If Ekblad would have actually did something, then I couldn't care less what happens to him.

My boring dislike for ekblad seems to have you not bored at all about the issue.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Average =/= mediocre. They're similar, but the term "mediocre" definitely has a slightly below average/negative connotation.

These categorizations seem a little ambiguous, but I'd say he's likely between decent and very good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad