Recalled/Assigned: Filip Forsberg (Update: Sent back to the Ads)

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
I watched 2 Ads games this season. And what I saw of FF suggests he's not ready for the NHL. One glaring mistake was that he tried to deke a defender carrying the puck out of the defensive zone when he had wide open ice on either side of the Dman. Should have skated around or passed the puck away from the Dman. Instead, the failed deke ended as a giveaway and scoring chance. He basically skated right at the Dman and turned over the puck. The second incident was him trying a wrap around top shelf. He picked up the puck on his blade behind the net and tried to score above the goalies shoulder. Some will say he was being creative, but I have yet to see an NHLer try that move in 15 years of watching the game. Both of these plays indicates a lack of maturity. He probably succeeded with these plays as a junior against lesser skill. He has tremendous physical attributes, but mentally he has a long way to go before earning a permanent spot in Nashville.

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
I watched 2 Ads games this season. And what I saw of FF suggests he's not ready for the NHL. One glaring mistake was that he tried to deke a defender carrying the puck out of the defensive zone when he had wide open ice on either side of the Dman. Should have skated around or passed the puck away from the Dman. Instead, the failed deke ended as a giveaway and scoring chance. He basically skated right at the Dman and turned over the puck. The second incident was him trying a wrap around top shelf. He picked up the puck on his blade behind the net and tried to score above the goalies shoulder. Some will say he was being creative, but I have yet to see an NHLer try that move in 15 years of watching the game. Both of these plays indicates a lack of maturity. He probably succeeded with these plays as a junior against lesser skill. He has tremendous physical attributes, but mentally he has a long way to go before earning a permanent spot in Nashville.

He is at an age when things change fast, ill give him a year and he will be up. In DRW he would have waited 2 but after that been a really really ready. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad