Filip Forsberg is +17 in playoffs

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
i know your a forsberg fan but cmon. Tarasenko gets about 10 more goals a year and 20 more points. Focal point of all offense coming from st louis. If he doesnt score they lose. Forsberg is a hell of a player tho.

That's what I meant by he doesn't have the offensive talent, Tarasenko is surrounded by weaker talents. Tarasenko is surrounded by better defensive talents though, and I don't mean defenseman, I mean defensive talents overall. That's why Tarasenko's offensive impact is far more significant than Forsberg, but Forsberg's defensive impact is far more significant than Tarasenko even though they are relatively close in both aspects.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Maybe for fans, but not if you play the game.

No, it's still a garbage stat that measures nothing beyond team offense at even strength. It's a super limited measurement that means absolutely nothing on an individual level.

The only thing more limited is the understanding of people who freely cite it as some sort of proof.

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
No, it's still a garbage stat that measures nothing beyond team offense at even strength. It's a super limited measurement that means absolutely nothing on an individual level.

The only thing more limited is the understanding of people who freely cite it as some sort of proof.

As a an ex player, coach, and scout, I disagree. I understand why you and others do not like it, but a lot of people in the game still see value in this stat.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
many Pens fans still not happy Shero took Pouliot over him.

In my lifetime of following sports drafts that lists very high on my angry wtf moments... There are players that you just know are super special and you remember exactly where you were when you drafted them...
(For sid's lottery win, for instance... the back office of the meadows in Greensburg).

Then again there are guys you pass on and its every bit as memorable for the opposite reason. When the Pens passed on FF we were in desperate need of a star scoring winger. He was by far the best prospect available, and we were loaded in defensive star prospects that backlogged development for them...

Adding pouliot made zero sense back then when we thought he'd develop into letang jr... even less now that his growth was stunted, maybe for good.... I was sitting on the third barstool in a firehall when that happened... still angry about it today, even if it did make the caps look stupid in the long run.... Great player though

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
As a an ex player, coach, and scout, I disagree. I understand why you and others do not like it, but a lot of people in the game still see value in this stat.

It has limited value. it was the best thing they had back in the day but there are a dozen better indicators right now of defensive/offensive play.

Nizar

Mar 4, 2013
Quite impressive. Nathan Horton had +20 in 2012/2013 (best after 04/05 lockout). Than Danile Cleary wirh +17 nad Chara, Kopitar, Dustin Brown and Kronwall with + 16. Those are players in top 50 after 04/05 lockout. All those players won the cup or played in cup final that year. So Predators might win the Stanley cup.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Even crazier was that he was a minus player in the regular season and was a team worst -11 in last year's playoffs.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
......in the combined category of slashes to the face, spears to the solar plexus, running the goaltender and dives that would embarrass a soccer player?

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Hm, the advanced statistics dont say, he is so special -

According to Hockey-reference:

Corsi For
88. Filip Forsberg LW NSH 2016-17 82 1257

Corsi For %
108. Filip Forsberg LW NSH 2016-17 82 1257 1065 54.1

Prins Filip

Jun 3, 2010
Filippines
......in the combined category of slashes to the face, spears to the solar plexus, running the goaltender and dives that would embarrass a soccer player?

Filip actually gets more powerful when posts like this are made. He absorbs the whinergy and channels it to goalscoring power. All the teenaged Ducks fans almost made him overload.

5+2, +6 in six games, in your face. Have a fun summer!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I posted his 5 v 5 stats today in another thread. Quite impressive this season.

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-24%20at%209.23.20%20AM_zps81tghlbg.png

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Monster in every facet. Tarasenko is more skilled offensively but I wouldn't trade 9 for anything. Does it all. #1PK unit, #1 PP unit, lights the lamp seemingly when the team needs it the most. Gutsy player. Can't believe we got him for Martin Erat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad