Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
So to be clear, letting him work out with a sore groin is batshit crazy but putting him on the ice with the flu and exposing himself to the entire team during a playoff run is all good. Just making sure I got this right.
I mean we've all had the flu. If it is running through the room, they all got exposed already. They won't get worse being around dudes that are already sick.

Now the big difference with Chytil and the rest of the team is that they're in game shape. Fil got 1 game in. It probably set back his conditioning more than others. Mollie Walker mentioned his conditioning was different compared to the rest of the team before he debuted.

The good news is that we'll find out soon enough if this is it or something more. I don't think Laviolette would run him 1 game, where he was good, and then not play him without a reason.

Reactions: egelband

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
It's quite obvious that Chytil's Concussed Groin has the Flu.

Just his groin. The rest of his body is fine.

What the f*** are we speculating here.. ?

Reactions: Atax

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
So to be clear, letting him work out with a sore groin is batshit crazy but putting him on the ice with the flu and exposing himself to the entire team during a playoff run is all good. Just making sure I got this right.
He didn't practice when he felt ill, and its something that's been going through the team... Fil or not.

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
He didn't practice when he felt ill, and its something that's been going through the team... Fil or not.

He was announced sick on the 11th and practiced on the 13th two days later. The flu's contagion period is at it's peak in the first 3-4 days of illness.

But I really don't care. Hope he's back healthy for game 1 (especially his groin ;))!!

Reactions: bhamill

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Hard to say what’s going on. If he’s sick he should not be skating with the team. If he’s concussed he should not be skating with the team. Maybe he’s not concussed and no longer sick and Lavi wants him to get his conditioning up.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
He was announced sick on the 11th and practiced on the 13th two days later. The flu's contagion period is at it's peak in the first 3-4 days of illness.

But I really don't care. Hope he's back healthy for game 1 (especially his groin ;))!!
hahahaha

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
At this point, you should be looking at retirement IF he’s out again because of head related issues.
Agreed but I don’t think it’s head related. He wouldn’t have been skating or in the locker room after the game clapping and yelling in the bright room if he were having concussion issues.

Sounds like the team has had the flu going around with a side of the poops but it hasn’t been confirmed best I can tell.

Reactions: Kupo

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
That’s funny because a lot of what Joe Rogan said is now true ask Chris Cuomo..
I actually like Joe. Rogan is a great MMA commentator, decent comedian, and pretty damn good, fairly knowledgeable podcaster. But he’s no doctor and is prone to conspiracy thinking. He may hit on one or two of his “alternative medicine” tangents, but he is “out there” on a whole lot more of them. That’s not a track record you want when you’re dealing with a medical issue.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I see people saying Chy may have had the flu. If he had the flu it would seem strange to have him near the rest of the team. I do not know what he had or did not have I just find the flu theory a bit odd.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I see people saying Chy may have had the flu. If he had the flu it would seem strange to have him near the rest of the team. I do not know what he had or did not have I just find the flu theory a bit odd.
I don't know if it was the flu, but I believe it truly was some sort of illness. If it was at all concussion related, he absolutely would not have been practicing.

The Rangers have been even more cryptic than usual about injury/illness during these playoffs. Maybe they were just playing mind games with Carolina.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I don't know if it was the flu, but I believe it truly was some sort of illness. If it was at all concussion related, he absolutely would not have been practicing.

The Rangers have been even more cryptic than usual about injury/illness during these playoffs. Maybe they were just playing mind games with Carolina.
Yeah I'm not implying it was a concussion because I honestly have no idea. It just would not make sense to have a player on a plane, on the ice or in the locker room if he had any type of illness that could spread to other players. Not saying that is not possible. Just would seem crazy reckless to take a chance of our other guys catching it.

Reactions: GAGLine

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Yeah the flu is a catch all diagnosis for any kind of illness in sports.

A full blown actual flu would have kept him out of commission for 5 days at minimum. We’ve all had one and know what it’s like.

I buy the theory because of how dead the team looked in game 5. The lack of energy makes sense because that’s what it would look like if you’re all playing through some kind of virus.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Seems probable if the team played through the flu you'd have guys GUT IT OUT.

Anyways can't scratch everyone and punt the game. Chytil probably was sore with flu cramps on top of it. More options to replace him than Mika or Bread who looked like ass for a bit.

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.

The flu would certainly explain game 5. It's possible that between the flu and having not played for 6 months, Chytil just needs a little extra time.

Reactions: JimmyG89

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
This has become the biggest enigma there is.
No theory makes sense.
1.) Like you said if he may have had the "flu" why have him around the rest of the team.
2.) if its head related/concussion like some have said why would he be practicing and traveling with the team?
3.) If its soreness does it really take a 24 year old a week plus to get rid of some soreness. if it was a tweak of a groin or low back or something like that I doubt he would be practicing.
4.) Or maybe for some odd reason the coach doesn't want to play him? I mean this makes the least amount of sense but if Chytil is practicing tomorrow and the following days and doesn't get in on Wednesday Evening for game 1 then maybe its a possibility?!?!

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

Honestly, Kreider in his post game looked like he had traces of a bug like that too. It's certainly possible.

He Kreider'd through it though.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Honestly, Kreider in his post game looked like he had traces of a bug like that too. It's certainly possible.

He Kreider'd through it though.
I did not know that. I think if I was coaching in the playoffs and bottom 6 player had the flu I would keep them as far as possible away from the rest of the team. No sense taking any chances with others catching it. We do not want to lose Kreider to a bottom 6 players flu at this point in the season. Now if it was a top 6 player like CK I'd still take precautions but its a different situation for me because you need that top 6 guy around the team.

This has become the biggest enigma there is.
No theory makes sense.
1.) Like you said if he may have had the "flu" why have him around the rest of the team.
2.) if its head related/concussion like some have said why would he be practicing and traveling with the team?
3.) If its soreness does it really take a 24 year old a week plus to get rid of some soreness. if it was a tweak of a groin or low back or something like that I doubt he would be practicing.
4.) Or maybe for some odd reason the coach doesn't want to play him? I mean this makes the least amount of sense but if Chytil is practicing tomorrow and the following days and doesn't get in on Wednesday Evening for game 1 then maybe its a possibility?!?!
That is why I do not speculate on guys injuries or illness as much as some people. We really have no way to know until the team makes information public. Sometimes speculation will be right but often it may be wrong as well.

Reactions: bl02

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Yeah the flu is a catch all diagnosis for any kind of illness in sports.

A full blown actual flu would have kept him out of commission for 5 days at minimum. We’ve all had one and know what it’s like.

I buy the theory because of how dead the team looked in game 5. The lack of energy makes sense because that’s what it would look like if you’re all playing through some kind of virus.
professional athletes getting personal attention from a DR and IV bags changes that somewhat.

But I imagine that it probably hit him hard, and he missed the game, and lavi didnt want him coming in at 50% or something in 5-6 where they want him to be able to really protect himself.

I did not know that. I think if I was coaching in the playoffs and bottom 6 player had the flu I would keep them as far as possible away from the rest of the team. No sense taking any chances with others catching it. We do not want to lose Kreider to a bottom 6 players flu at this point in the season. Now if it was a top 6 player like CK I'd still take precautions but its a different situation for me because you need that top 6 guy around the team.

That is why I do not speculate on guys injuries or illness as much as some people. We really have no way to know until the team makes information public. Sometimes speculation will be right but often it may be wrong as well.
The thing is, it was going to go through the team no matter what. And you dont wanna announce that its going through the team, because "gamesmanship".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad