Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Chytils career is done.

"Illness" my ass.

5+ days of rest isn't an illness. It's post concussion and he's done. Between him and Cherepanov (RIP) this organization is cursed.

But hey, at least we got the 1OA during COVID to draft a maybe hopefully kinda sorta 80 point scorer at age 30

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I’m not sure what kind of 5 day ‘ stomach bug’ he has.
Don’t need to be a DR to know which way the wind blows.
He played, woke up next day feeling off or woozy or whatever, and now they are back to being cautious.
chytil is one of the teams better playoff performers with size that can score…..
If he’s able to play, why the F wouldn’t he be playing?????

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Chytils career is done.

"Illness" my ass.

5+ days of rest isn't an illness. It's post concussion and he's done. Between him and Cherepanov (RIP) this organization is cursed.

But hey, at least we got the 1OA during COVID to draft a maybe hopefully kinda sorta 80 point scorer at age 30

Is there a reason to go full Devils fans with that Laf take?

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
f*** if I know.

But its not concussion related. They wouldn't let him near a rink if it were.
Chytil was at the game tonight. Again.

It took Richter years to go back to MSG after his career ending concussion. His brain couldn’t handle all the noise, chatter, lights and sirens.

Chytil got injured in his last game. Probably when he went smashing into the boards. The Rangers wouldn’t let Chytil anywhere near the arena if he had concussion symptoms.

Reactions: AirGut

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
He did take a nasty spill into the wall in his last game.I remember him slamming his back into it.Wouldn't surprise me if he got a sore/tight back from it...and with his injury history they are being extra cautious. Its not concussion related,they wouldn't let him on the ice if it was.I'm 100% confident he's in next round at some point.

Reactions: bhamill

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
He did take a nasty spill into the wall in his last game.I remember him slamming his back into it.Wouldn't surprise me if he got a sore/tight back from it...and with his injury history they are being extra cautious. Its not concussion related,they wouldn't let him on the ice if it was.I'm 100% confident he's in next round at some point.

I sure hope so but I bet we see Wheeler game 1

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Conspiracy theory time:

Chytil probably did get sick, was extremely sore after that game. But I think Lavi is hiding him from the media I just heard on the radio he’s unavailable to the media.

I think after that dumbass reporter basically asked Chytil when they decided they would circumvent the cap and he almost spilled the beans, Lavi and Drury are hiding him so the media doesn’t keep asking. Series is over hopefully they move on and he plays next round.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Conspiracy theory time:

Chytil probably did get sick, was extremely sore after that game. But I think Lavi is hiding him from the media I just heard on the radio he’s unavailable to the media.

I think after that dumbass reporter basically asked Chytil when they decided they would circumvent the cap and he almost spilled the beans, Lavi and Drury are hiding him so the media doesn’t keep asking. Series is over hopefully they move on and he plays next round.
If the Rangers decided to not play Chytil in a game 6 because they are scared of him giving a bad answer, fire everyone.

Rangers PR person: If they ask you about your head or the timeline, just say you moved on and are focused on the playoffs.
Chytil: Ok

........and scene

Reactions: artoor13

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If the Rangers decided to not play Chytil in a game 6 because they are scared of him giving a bad answer, fire everyone.

Rangers PR person: If they ask you about your head or the timeline, just say you moved on and are focused on the playoffs.
Chytil: Ok

........and scene

I think the point is this is why he is not being made available to the media.

Chytil not playing is for other reasons.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
With the rumor someone else mentioned that the team has had the flu going around, could just be that he’s cleared but lavi didn’t want him at 45% because it was too big a risk in a game.

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
My best guess is he did coincidentally get sick but also has a tweaked groin. That's an injury that can nag for a bit (remember Gaborik?) and it's something that's pretty easy to do jumping into a playoff game headfirst after not playing for 6 months. One explosive stride is all it takes.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
My best guess is he did coincidentally get sick but also has a tweaked groin. That's an injury that can nag for a bit (remember Gaborik?) and it's something that's pretty easy to do jumping into a playoff game headfirst after not playing for 6 months. One explosive stride is all it takes.
Why would you say groin.
There’s zero indication that’s what it is.

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
Why would you say groin.
There’s zero indication that’s what it is.

There's zero indication of anything, hence why I said it's a my best guess.

I've gotten them from playing too. They're rarely "ugly" in the sense that somebody can pinpoint the moment one happens by watching a game unless you see them go into the the splits or something. In the moment you certainly feel it but with the adrenaline in you it's easy enough to skate through for the rest of the game. Chytil had been practicing but there's no mimicking a playoff game in practice. Like I said, one explosive stride is all it takes to tweak it. I can guarantee you he was cutting through the ice faster and harder in Game 3 than he's done at all in the last 6 months.

It's also something that gets worse over the next day or so, at least in my case. Not to the point that it's debilitating, but you can't go out there and battle through an NHL game without making it worse. They take time to heal.

The injury could be anything. I want to be clear that this is just my guess from going through similar injuries playing and seeing the timeline here for Chytil.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
There's zero indication of anything, hence why I said it's a my best guess.

I've gotten them from playing too. They're rarely "ugly" in the sense that somebody can pinpoint the moment one happens by watching a game unless you see them go into the the splits or something. In the moment you certainly feel it but with the adrenaline in you it's easy enough to skate through for the rest of the game. Chytil had been practicing but there's no mimicking a playoff game in practice. Like I said, one explosive stride is all it takes to tweak it. I can guarantee you he was cutting through the ice faster and harder in Game 3 than he's done at all in the last 6 months.

It's also something that gets worse over the next day or so, at least in my case. Not to the point that it's debilitating, but you can't go out there and battle through an NHL game without making it worse. They take time to heal.

The injury could be anything. I want to be clear that this is just my guess from going through similar injuries playing and seeing the timeline here for Chytil.
There’s an indication that he was sick.
There’s a rumor that the flu is going through the team.

The timelines match, and a lingering flu makes sense.

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
There’s an indication that he was sick.
There’s a rumor that the flu is going through the team.

The timelines match, and a lingering flu makes sense.
Yep, it certainly does. There's also reports that he is "experiencing soreness".

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
With the rumor someone else mentioned that the team has had the flu going around, could just be that he’s cleared but lavi didn’t want him at 45% because it was too big a risk in a game.

yes this is almost for sure what is happening. he was already probably not in full game shape, putting him out there sick or recovering from an illness on top of that would've been a liability.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
TBH I'd guess he's ready to go but Lavy didn't want to throw him back into things with the series teetering on the edge of a knife.

I honestly hope Lavy will put him in game 1 against Boston/Florida and take Brodz back out but we'll see

Also would not be surprised if at first they were concerned about PCS and were being careful but then it became clear it was something else and they just decided to be cautious in getting him back in. Especially so if the "flu-like symptoms going around the team" thing is true

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
Soreness could be from anything,including the flu.To think this team would let him on the ice with a sore groin is bonkers and batshit crazy

So to be clear, letting him work out with a sore groin is batshit crazy but putting him on the ice with the flu and exposing himself to the entire team during a playoff run is all good. Just making sure I got this right.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
So to be clear, letting him work out with a sore groin is batshit crazy but putting him on the ice with the flu and exposing himself to the entire team during a playoff run is all good. Just making sure I got this right.
Exactly!glad to see you keeping up!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad