Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II

SickNice

Oct 7, 2005
Hoboken, NJ
That's how getting sick works. That's also not what happened. Felt fine after game. Woke up the next day. Felt fine and practiced. Woke up the day after that. Felt sick.
Actually, is that true? I read Mollys quote as he woke up next day feeling sick. Did he practice yesterday?

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Actually, is that true? I read Mollys quote as he woke up next day feeling sick. Did he practice yesterday?

Maybe they didn't practice yesterday but he felt fine yesterday. That is what Laviolette directly said. “He felt great yesterday,” Laviolette said. “Went to the team meal. And woke up this morning and didn’t feel well.”

They don't give out a lot of information but they also generally do not straight up lie about what is going on.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Woke up today I thought?

Read that he went out to dinner with the team last night and felt fine.
Yeah, the tweet from Mollie said he woke up this morning and didn't feel well. I could see it being concussion related if it was the next morning after the game, but two days after, probably something else.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yeah, the tweet from Mollie said he woke up this morning and didn't feel well. I could see it being concussion related if it was the next morning after the game, but two days after, probably something else.

The only thing we can do is wait and see. I'd like to think we'd have a sign of it if it was the concussion coming back.

The Rangers have outright lied numerous times about injuries, though, so . . .

Reactions: bleedblue94

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He did go into the boards pretty hard once the other night. After so long out I wondered. It might be best not to fool with this right now. Wait for him to come back in September. For one if we end up against Florida he's going to take some knocks. That team is pretty damn physical. We still have forward depth that I'm alright with playing if we need to in Rempe, Brodzinski and Edstrom.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Horrible news about Chytil. If it was truly just some sort of bug i feel like Peter would have articulated that better.
If you articulate some clearly, then people assume the worst when it comes time you DONT articulate clearly. It’s like people trying to guess something you don’t want to tell them, you don’t answer, even when they’re wrong.
This is in line with how you the NYR handle all med stuff.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
It’s possible the rangers don’t even know for sure if it’s sickness or concussion

One day of feeling bad 2 days after a game…how do you tell for sure what’s going on? So they’ll hedge their bets a bit and be careful with it

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
This guy…..
I hope it’s just a bug and they quarantine him….
I didn’t see any plays where I thought he got his bell ring, but that’s the thing with chytil, sometimes it’s a nothing hit that puts him out….
Hopefully 24-48 hour bug best case scenario

Reactions: duhmetreE

SickNice

Oct 7, 2005
Hoboken, NJ
It’s possible the rangers don’t even know for sure if it’s sickness or concussion

One day of feeling bad 2 days after a game…how do you tell for sure what’s going on? So they’ll hedge their bets a bit and be careful with it
You don't know, and that's what makes head injuries so challenging. The harsh reality though is the timing makes it tough to chalk up to coincidence, and he did take a few hits that were certainly on par with the Fast hit back at the start of the year.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
It's hard not to panick given the coincidental timing of it with his return. Felt fine after game, woke up and didn't. It's not encouraging.
IF it is again, then this is heading down a road and we know what it is. Would rather he take the money from his contract and live a healthy life over playing and having bigger issues for the rest of his life

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
The only thing we can do is wait and see. I'd like to think we'd have a sign of it if it was the concussion coming back.

The Rangers have outright lied numerous times about injuries, though, so . . .

lied: With Rammer as Head Trainer? Or, including and since he was fired?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I know it's an apples and oranges comparison, there have been at least a dozen times in the last twenty years I've exerted myself too hard in the gym (mostly cardio) after a long layoff and got sick right away. Stomach bug or fever. The most recent was in January when I took a few weeks off after getting a really dirty flu strain (apparently this winter's version was hard to recover from) and after 30 minutes of treadmill, I went back to square one the next day and couldn't move. I was out of commission essentially the rest of the month.

Reactions: JoeMurphysSkates

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Yet it was clearly the right move. So your bitching was entirely silly this whole time as @haohmaru and I repeatedly said.

You, mas, and SA really need to learn yourselves some patience and learn to trust a good coach. That whole fight was stupid.
I never said I didn’t trust the coach on this issue. I have an opinion, though.

Coincidentally the coach did what I was thinking was smart like one game later. My uninformed speculation turned out pretty prescient I’d say.

Also the locker room didn’t revolt, so… that bit of speculation was incorrect.

Reactions: TominNC

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Unless they can literally isolate the flu bug in Filip’s spit test, I think he has to sit. Put in Jones for him. Seven D is good with Trouba such a liability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad