Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II (Chytil to miss rest of 2023-24 Season)

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
So Kakko will be glued to Howden for 6 weeks? Lovely. Lol

I'm actually interested to see how, er, Howden does. He's been fast and aggressive along the boards and should provide that line with PDG (if it's not shuffled by Quinn) even more puck pursuit and retrieval. Might even create some cycling opportunities for that line and especially Kakko.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm actually interested to see how, er, Howden does. He's been fast and aggressive along the boards and should provide that line with PDG (if it's not shuffled by Quinn) even more puck pursuit and retrieval. Might even create some cycling opportunities for that line and especially Kakko.

would be kind of ironic if Kakko breaks out with Howden as his center. Just have to hope for the best at this point.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
tenor.gif

Now is a good time for line #1 to wake up from their slumber and line #2 to finish on the chances they've created.

Last year Mika was out for a month and the Rangers went 8-4-1. If guys play to their potential, this is not the death sentence that some are predicting.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
would be kind of ironic if Kakko breaks out with Howden as his center. Just have to hope for the best at this point.

If it is really a line of PDG-Howden-Kakko, then creativity off the rush takes a hit, but hopeful that a cycling game arises, and that plays to Kakko's abilities anyway. Howden definitely is playing "bigger" nowadays.

Reactions: Leonardo87

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Alternative 1: a vacuum emerges for someone to step up — and a solid player emerges.
Alternative 2: we are screwed.

My money is ok 2 unless a young call-up surprises us all. But I don’t know who that would be. So, again, Alternative 2.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
If it is really a line of PDG-Howden-Kakko, then creativity off the rush takes a hit, but hopeful that a cycling game arises, and that plays to Kakko's abilities anyway. Howden definitely is playing "bigger" nowadays.

With Howden centering the line, I wonder if he wouldn't be able to take care of the "dirty work" responsibilities of PDG. If so, I'd be curious to see what a line of Lafreniere-Howden-Kakko could do. It's not like Quinn has any idea where he wants to play Laf anyway. Been bouncing the kid up and down the lineup like a paddleball. Maybe try PDG with Panarin-Strome and put Buch back with Kreider and Zib.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I'd move Laf down to the 3rd line and let him get good matchups and take over that line.
Move Kakko up with Kreider and Zib, have Buch with Panarin and Strome.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
With Howden centering the line, I wonder if he wouldn't be able to take care of the "dirty work" responsibilities of PDG. If so, I'd be curious to see what a line of Lafreniere-Howden-Kakko could do. It's not like Quinn has any idea where he wants to play Laf anyway. Been bouncing the kid up and down the lineup like a paddleball. Maybe try PDG with Panarin-Strome and put Buch back with Kreider and Zib.

Man, I like your style. Yeah, those lines would make a lot of sense, at least for me.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Agree. It's already been such a weird stretch of time for these players. Just fear any one of them could be thrown off track and have their career really become derailed. Hoping he comes back early and finishes strong.

Career seems a little extreme.

Honestly I just hope they allow him to heal. We love to rush people back from injury.

Reactions: The Sweetness

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Career seems a little extreme.

Honestly I just hope they allow him to heal. We love to rush people back from injury.
When you consider everything from the beginning of 2020 and through the next few(hopefully) months. Who knows? It's probably the weirdest time to ever be a young player trying to adapt to the league.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
When you consider everything from the beginning of 2020 and through the next few(hopefully) months. Who knows? It's probably the weirdest time to ever be a young player trying to adapt to the league.

If he heals well he's going to miss a month to a month and a half.

He's played consistently and has improved. I wouldn't be worried about him having his career derailed because of this (unless this becomes a chronic issue.)

Reactions: JCProdigy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad