Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II (Chytil to miss rest of 2023-24 Season)

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Not sure that every UFA situation should be approached with the thought that you may get the first overall draft pick.
That's not what I am saying. Just pointing out that by not signing Trouba we would have likely ended up in a different position in the standings and would have likely lost the lottery due to that. That's how the Butterfly affect works. It has nothing to do with the original intentions.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
That's not what I am saying. Just pointing out that by not signing Trouba we would have likely ended up in a different position in the standings and would have likely lost the lottery due to that. That's how the Butterfly affect works. It has nothing to do with the original intentions.
The trade for Trouba came at a rate that was impossible to refuse. And contract is and was maker rate.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
The trade for Trouba came at a rate that was impossible to refuse. And contract is and was maker rate.
I am not making argument of whether or not they should have made the deal. We are just talking about hypotheticals and scifi crap here. If we didn't sign Trouba, we probably don't have Lafreniere because of butterfly effect. I am not a fan of the Trouba contract, but I recognize this. I'm not saying the rangers signed signed him for the purpose of a higher draft pick. That would be silly. That right is reserved for Jack Johnson.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Kreider contract had no impact on getting Lafreniere.

Trouba's contract is true though.
I have to point out the alternative to signing Kreider is likely trading him. But even giving him the contract affects how he plays vs how he would've played without the contract.

The butterfly effect is often cited as a butterfly flapping its wings and causing a tsunami (somehow) bc even the teeeeeny tiniest thing has unintended consequences so I strongly suspect giving kreider that contract and keeping him certainly should fall into butterfly effect

Last edited:

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I am not making argument of whether or not they should have made the deal. We are just talking about hypotheticals and scifi crap here. If we didn't sign Trouba, we probably don't have Lafreniere because of butterfly effect. I am not a fan of the Trouba contract, but I recognize this. I'm not saying the rangers signed signed him for the purpose of a higher draft pick. That would be silly. That right is reserved for Jack Johnson.

The other day he was a massive AH to me for no reason. Someone else pointed out it's basically his default.

So it's kinda funny the next time I see trueblue in a convo it's this one where being sarcastic and dismissive is of such paramount importance that it clouds his ability to properly interpret the conversation he's wading into. Leaving you to have to explain you're not making a certain argument when it should be plainly obvious...

twice btw. You explained yourself twice and it's still questionable if it got through

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
The other day he was a massive AH to me for no reason. Someone else pointed out it's basically his default.

So it's kinda funny the next time I see trueblue in a convo it's this one where being sarcastic and dismissive is of such paramount importance that it clouds his ability to properly interpret the conversation he's wading into. Leaving you to have to explain you're not making a certain argument when it should be plainly obvious...

twice btw. You explained yourself twice and it's still questionable if it got through
Haha I didn't even realize it was the same person that I was repeating myself to. It's funny, I was just an interesting hypothetical and somehow it turned into me having to defend it.

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
If it was a broken arm would they really send him out again for another shift after the hit?

You’d know if you had a broken arm, immediately. You wouldn’t be able to hold your stick!

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad