Player Discussion Filip Chytil: Part II (Chytil to miss rest of 2023-24 Season)

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Stone for 3 straight years has got hurt and come back in basically the exact timeline. Definitely suspicious even if this injury he has is legitimate right now.
Stone has been injured alot over his career. Usually those injuries would shut down his season, but he plays through it in the playoffs...
It works for Vegas, but they're gonna need to offload this offseason.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Wennberg had 4 points in 19 games with us. That's what counts.

It's kinda awful. Don't want this player back. He'd be good on the fourth line and he will get too much money for that.
I like his overall game, he's a very heady support player, can play in a variety of roles and I think theres more value in that than what most think - but I agree it would be nice if they brought in a center who offered a little more offensive production in that 3rd line center role.

I can't get on Wennberg for lack of production. He is what he is. He's proven to be a consistent 30-40 point player who does all of those things and that's it. If we want to shit on someone its Drury for bringing him in.

Would I want him instead of Goodrow in that fourth line role? Probably, but i think there a better fits out there for that role. Hes not a great faceoff guy and his PK ability is just serviceable.

I think he'll be a valuable piece in the playoffs as a possession player, defense, takeaways, work on the PK. But it would be nice if he shot the puck more and create more high danger chances. I doubt we will see his physicality escalate in the playoffs. He was used heavily in the playoffs during Seattle's little run, so he can be trusted.

But again, the Rangers knew what they were getting, he is what he is and they've gotten what they've traded for.

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I wouldn't mind cuylle in roslovic spot and Chytil taking his if Chytil really does come back.
Someone on here mentioned this lineup if Chytil came back. I know many would rather see Rempe than Roslovic but I think Rempe going out is more realistic.

20-93-96
10-16-13
91-72-24
50-21-26

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Wennberg doesn't suck. Wish he would shoot more, but he doesn't suck. Love the fans that don't quantify impact past goals, assists and points. Love it.
Whenbum has 1 goal 4 assists in 19 games. That’s pacing for like 20 points over an entire season. The only thing Whenbum impacts is my blood pressure.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Wennberg doesn't suck people just expect an veteran 3C to score 50 points which is just not realistic.
It's definitely about expectations - maybe some folks expected someone at Chytil level since this role would otherwise be occupied by him? Personally I think he's done exactly as expected - not overperformed but also not underperformed either. Another point about managing expectations - how much Drury paid for him via trade.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Bonino
Are you serious ? lol
O.K Wennberg is a prettier skater and better possession player, but he's a shit for brains player that missed like 5 empty nets after we got him, he has no finishing ability and his goal against Winnepeg looked like an accident that's how sad it was. Perhaps I over exaggerated a bit but he is not a good finisher.

Whenbum has 1 goal 4 assists in 19 games. That’s pacing for like 20 points over an entire season. The only thing Whenbum impacts is my blood pressure.
someone else that has eyes thank you! that goal against Winnipeg was a complete accident too.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Bonino
O.K Wennberg is a prettier skater and better possession player, but he's a shit for brains player that missed like 5 empty nets after we got him, he has no finishing ability and his goal against Winnepeg looked like an accident that's how sad it was. Perhaps I over exaggerated a bit but he is not a good finisher.

someone else that has eyes thank you! that goal against Winnipeg was a complete accident too.
Whenbum is a shifty player but he’s vanilla soft serve ice cream. So is Rosloshit. Nobody is expecting Whenbum to be Crosby but at some point you need production, especially since the Rangers are essentially a one line team at even strength. 1 goal in 19 games is Goodrow levels of bad. Kakko doesn’t put up points, neither does Cuylle. 4th line doesn’t either. Championship teams win with competent bottom 6s who contribute in tight checking games. One last thing, you don’t win with those type of players in the playoffs either. The soft finesse shit doesn’t work. I would have preferred someone with more grit and jam.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Whenbum is a shifty player but he’s vanilla soft serve ice cream. So is Rosloshit. Nobody is expecting Whenbum to be Crosby but at some point you need production, especially since the Rangers are essentially a one line team at even strength. 1 goal in 19 games is Goodrow levels of bad. Kakko doesn’t put up points, neither does Cuylle. 4th line doesn’t either. Championship teams win with competent bottom 6s who contribute in tight checking games. One last thing, you don’t win with those type of players in the playoffs either. The soft finesse shit doesn’t work. I would have preferred someone with more grit and jam.
I still have a little hope for Wennberg. He did go to the net a lot more when he was with Seattle including being pretty good in the playoffs against two tough opponents. We need that third line to do something

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I'd rather keep our lines intact and let Chytil run wild with Kreider and Zibanejad. It can't be any worse. Then the question is would Roslo be better on the 3rd or 4th line?

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Wennberg has been what some here had said he was. I still thought it was a little funny one of the articles I saw when we acquired him billing him as having elite playing making abilities. He's a solid passer, but not to that level. We're talking about a guy who's somehow spent most of his career playing 17-18 minutes a night on both special teams and consistently failing to even reach the 40 point mark. So I think these were the expectations we should've had for him. Not really a high impact player, he was brought in because he's a center and a very reliable 2-way player. There's not much of a difference between Wennberg and any other great role player in the league other than the fact that's he's managed to linger to a 2nd line role for a while.

I still hold the same opinion as I did when the trade happened... I didn't love giving up a 2nd because he's not a huge difference maker but I don't think it was a bad trade, he's still a very valuable piece here

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Do we know if Chytil is playing in round 1? Or more likely round 2? Or still unlikely to play at all this Spring?
Theres been zero answers to this question. Likely because Lavi couldn't say anything until the end of the regular season because we couldn't afford the cap hit.

If he's playing game 1, we'll find out at the next practice which should be tomorrow.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Bonino
Did they trade for him to be a finisher?

I think that’s where the disconnect is

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I think Chytil will play in this round, maybe not in game 1 but he will play. He has been cleared to play and is not skating with the team for shits and giggles. Also, Wennberg has been fine. I would like to see him produce a little more but he does a lot of little things that help. He is a upgrade to what they had and good depth. Who else was available at the deadline at the 3c position anyway?

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad