Recalled/Assigned: Filip Chytil & Lias Andersson

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I would staple Namestnimov on Chytil's wing, and give Andersson Spooner.

Both need PP time. If I see Vesey on the PP over Andersson or Chytil....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GregSirico

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
I feel weirdly okay with how the team looks like. Sure add something here and there but overall, with Shesty coming, I'd be fine with this core and see into what sort of team they can develop.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Kreider Zibanejad Fast
Spooner Hayes Zuccarello
Vesey Chytil Namestnikov
Carey Andersson Buchnevich

AV swap Vesey & Spooner for a reason last game and with a success. But I believe we see much different lines next game for sure.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We're out of the playoffs. Give the kids primo ice time. Put them in position to succeed.

Kreider Andersson/Chytil Zibanejad
Names Andersson/Chytil Buch

Buch is not playing great recently - he struggles. I think he should start on the 3rd line with Vesey.

So we have a top 9 forward setup like this:

Kreider - Zib - Chytil
Nam - Lias - Zucc
Vesey - Hayes- Buch

Spooner & Fast might end up on our energy line next game, but we look much deeper after this call up so excited! :)

Last edited:

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
I won't speculate as to precise lines and they'll be modified during the game I'm sure, but I have a feeling McLeod stays in to "protect" the rookies. Not saying I agree with it.

At this point I don't really care. I'm just happy to get a look at these guys and get them some NHL experience to prime them up for next season. I still want to fall to 7th-9th overall if we can, though I doubt it happens.

Reactions: Ori and haveandare

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Posted this in a disagreement with an ignorant guy so some of it may be confusing and I’m copy and pasting because I’m lazy but here are some reasons to be hyped about Chytil
1. He’s not hyped at all really I rarely see people talk about him
2. Almost made the team out of camp (he played two games actually) and had a really good preseason
3. One of the youngest players in the draft, 2 weeks away from being 2018 eligible
4. 31 points in 45 AHL games
5. His 5v5 ppg is exactly equal to William Nylander in the AHL at a slightly younger age in 8 more games played on a worse team (which is more impressive because he’s sustaining the same PPG through more games and Marlies were stacked when Nylander was on them), much better than Fiala or Puljujarvi for recent references (Chytil is tied for 3rd in his age group all time)
6. He’s 5th ALL TIME in ppg for AHL forwards between age 18-18.6 while being a bit younger than those above him
7. Has good size, speed, IQ, and hands and is 2nd on his AHL team in PPG
Poster was saying Chytil was overhyped and in another thread said Chytil would not go top 15 in a redraft, and would go below guys such as Rasmussen, Valimaki

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Posted this in a disagreement with an ignorant guy so some of it may be confusing and I’m copy and pasting because I’m lazy but here are some reasons to be hyped about Chytil
2. Almost made the team out of camp (he played two games actually) and had a really good preseason
3. One of the youngest players in the draft, 2 weeks away from being 2018 eligible
5. His 5v5 ppg is exactly equal to William Nylander in the AHL at a slightly younger age in 8 more games played on a worse team (which is more impressive because he’s sustaining the same PPG through more games and Marlies were stacked when Nylander was on them), much better than Fiala or Puljujarvi for recent references (Chytil is tied for 3rd in his age group all time)
6. He’s 5th ALL TIME in ppg for AHL forwards between age 18-18.6 while being a bit younger than those above him
Poster was saying Chytil was overhyped and in another thread said Chytil would not go top 15 in a redraft, and would go below guys such as Rasmussen, Valimaki
Also, Holland (1st in PPG on Hartford) was a mid season trade and doesn’t play on the same line as Chytil which is more impressive. Chytil has the highest PPG out of his line mates so he’s not feeding off someone else

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Keep Kreider/Ziba/Fast.

Hayes and Spooner have chemistry. I'd put Chytil on that line.

Lias can center a line with Zucca and whoever else.

Reactions: Ori

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Anyone saying he wouldn't go top-15 in a redraft is nuts.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
You know the bit that has me most excited about all this? In few months we'll add 3 more 1st rounders. 3 more.
I'm figuring when all is said and done we'll only have 2 first round picks. Either way your point remains. It's nice to have something to look forward to. Our farm has been pretty bare for a while now.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
Keeping everything crossed I can watch again tonight. Hoping for a point for each of them to get on the board. Also hoping for a decent amount of ice time and that AV doesn't pull some nonsense.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
A problem with playing the Caps is you have Ovechkin and Wilson with their high hits and Orpik with his dirty play. I don't think any of them will have a problem running a guy in his first NHL game....and we don't really have an answer for that if it does happen. Andersson and Chytil will need to keep their heads up.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
A problem with playing the Caps is you have Ovechkin and Wilson with their high hits and Orpik with his dirty play. I don't think any of them will have a problem running a guy in his first NHL game....and we don't really have an answer for that if it does happen. Andersson and Chytil will need to keep their heads up.
Every team has a player who will throw a bad hit. Part of being an NHLer is watching out for that. They’ll be fine imo

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

They are coming from the AHL. They should've learned by now how to keep their heads up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad