Player Discussion Filip Chytil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I searched Filip and found his draft thread and many "vs" threads. Here, lets just keep it simple.......all Chytil, all day, all month, all year.......heck, all career if we deem necessary.

If there is only ONE reason as to why I am looking forward to this season, then it would have to be to watch this kid play and develop. Certainly there are many other reasons, (Rangers loyalty) and our new challenges in this upcoming season......but for me I am very excited about him and what he seems very capable of. (Being compared to a Malkin is pushing it, but, I think he can easily become a poor man's Malkin and that would be a wonderful thing.)

So, lets try and keep this simply Filip, game in and game out. LETS GO RANGERS! Lets make this thread one of those long lasting threads where we can share daily thoughts and back and forths.

P.S. I can almost guarantee he will be on our opening day roster, as Gorton has to give us fans a long glance at our future and Filip is a good start, and the alternative is NOT an option, imho.

Reactions: Ori

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
I remember someone posted a video of Tomas Hertl in the last discussion and the more I think about it, the more I like the comparison. And no it doesn't have anything to do with them being from the same country. More with their playing style and skating. Also same height and could see Chytil looking just like him with some strength and conditioning. I'm limited on the amount I've watched Hertl to the playoffs and games here and there. Maybe someone who's watched Hertl more would have a better idea? But everything I've seen reminds me of Hertl. I'd be happy if that's who he turned into

I think him and Andersson have shown enough to stick around. But I think Chytil will be tsarting off on the wing if he makes it

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I like his pre season games and he scored a goal well done! :)

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind him in Hartford for another year. This team is going nowhere this season anyway. No need to rush the kid.

Reactions: TheTakedown

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I wouldn't mind him in Hartford for another year. This team is going nowhere this season anyway. No need to rush the kid.

I gotta agree here. Andersson at least has the IQ and as of this year I am seeing a lot of explosiveness and ability to read plays better than anyone. Chytil doesn't show that, though his ceiling is much higher, and he will be better than andersson, it's just going to take another year. May as well let that contract slide

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I think Chytil was reading the play very well a few games back. Hasn't been consistent with it game after game. Not sure if that means he's not ready or if it's just poor timing for totally normal variances in performance.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
It's going to be a tough decision about Chytil. When he wants the puck he can look like a beast, but I don't think he did nearly enough to get a roster spot based on being a high draft and prospect. Giving him first line minutes in the AHL might be good, but at the same time I don't know how much more he'll develop from the AHL.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
If the rangers are honest about ppl earning their spots chytil starts the year in Hartford. Lias' can go either way. Ada 2nd Rd, McLeod to Saturn

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
I wasn't impressed with Chytil. Comparing him to Malkin is ridiculous. He isn't even a poor mans Malkin.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
What will prevent Chytil from being a big scorer like Jagr was? He has better speed, about similar size, seems very skilled and also has great vision. What did Jagr have (besides the mullet) that Chytil does not?

Reactions: Larrybiv

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What will prevent Chytil from being a big scorer like Jagr was? He has better speed, about similar size, seems very skilled and also has great vision. What did Jagr have (besides the mullet) that Chytil does not?

Hockey IQ, vision, puck-handling, shooting. Jagr was a better player in almost every aspect at age 18 than Chytil is at the moment. Why are we even comparing the two?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I think the point behind the hype is that Chytil has a chance to be the best forward we've drafted in 20 years. Now, that best forward was Stepan/Kreider depending on who you ask, so that's not a terribly high hurdle, but it's still worth getting excited about.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I think the point behind the hype is that Chytil has a chance to be the best forward we've drafted in 20 years. Now, that best forward was Stepan/Kreider depending on who you ask, so that's not a terribly high hurdle, but it's still worth getting excited about.

I think people are jumping the gun regarding Chytil and should be a bit more realistic.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think Chytil has the potential to be a very good player. The part I’m not as certain about is just how good.

I can easily see him in a top six role, but don’t yet feel comfortable saying I see him as an ideal first line center.

Personally, I was a little surprised he made the team out of camp.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I think Chytil has the potential to be a very good player. The part I’m not as certain about is just how good.

I can easily see him in a top six role, but don’t yet feel comfortable saying I see him as an ideal first line center.

Personally, I was a little surprised he made the team out of camp.

I think their thinking was he already proved he can score in AHL, he also did not get destroyed by physical play in the preaseason. But I do wish he throws some hits on regular basis.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
He just turned 19 boys. Ya’ll need to step back and realize this. He wasn’t a top-5 pick, the fact that he’s shown as much as he has since being taken where he was is fantastic. The fact that he’s showing these flashes of puck dominance and vision at his age, even in preseason, is very, very promising. The combination of hands, size, skating, and skill is ideal. His upside is enormous, I just think people are cautious about it because they don’t wanna be disappointed.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Okay, just to be clear......I wasnt the one that compared him to Malkin (read it somewhere here though). We shouldnt be getting crazy with the comparisons......but there certainly seems to be a "skill set" that seems to be different than anything we have had around here for a while now. (Talent?) I say that in jest......yes, I have high hopes for the kid, but I am indeed optimistically cautious. Just thought this thread was a necessity and elated that I was right.
Gonna guess that Howden will be sent down before his 9 games are up, unless he really lights it up and even then probably should, but happy to watch him get some nhl time.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
He just turned 19 boys. Ya’ll need to step back and realize this. He wasn’t a top-5 pick, the fact that he’s shown as much as he has since being taken where he was is fantastic. The fact that he’s showing these flashes of puck dominance and vision at his age, even in preseason, is very, very promising. The combination of hands, size, skating, and skill is ideal. His upside is enormous, I just think people are cautious about it because they don’t wanna be disappointed.
I agree.

Chytil needs to be up with NYR. He can be sheltered a bit, with the team's depth, but he has the skill that needs to be developed against the best and fastest. He has the speed and hands, but he needs to learn that he can't dangle through 3 NHL players all the time (yet). But, he needs to figure that out at the highest level. If he goes to the A and finds he can dangle there, he's not developing... in my opinion.

It's a different situation with Lias, due to the types of player that they are and what the team's best case scenario for the future is. Andersson's hopeful potential is that great 2-way C that is solid defensively and can score at a top-6 level along with team leadership. Going down and playing 20 min a game against the lesser competition is good for him in that case. Let him lead down there, build some offensive confidence and continue to work on foot speed.

Chytil's hopeful top-end potential is offensive star. That's the type of player that he looks like he can be, so I definitely prefer to watch him figure that out against the top talent in the world, even if it starts with some sheltered minutes. If he was born two weeks later, he probably would have been a top 5 pick in 2018 draft. But, since he was born when he was and NYR took a chance on the young fella, he's now coming in at 19 with an entire AHL season behind him and a touch of NHL experience.

Personally, I'm keeping the expectations modest for this season when it comes to the score sheet. I think anything over 35 pts is a solid +. He should only get better with decision making and the hockey IQ side as he gains experience and physical skills are already at an NHL level. I'm excited to watch him develop.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Okay, just to be clear......I wasnt the one that compared him to Malkin (read it somewhere here though). We shouldnt be getting crazy with the comparisons......but there certainly seems to be a "skill set" that seems to be different than anything we have had around here for a while now. (Talent?) I say that in jest......yes, I have high hopes for the kid, but I am indeed optimistically cautious. Just thought this thread was a necessity and elated that I was right.
Gonna guess that Howden will be sent down before his 9 games are up, unless he really lights it up and even then probably should, but happy to watch him get some nhl time.
Howden can be sent to the AHL whenever, he’s mot junior eligible anymore

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

Probably the same things that kept 99.9% of NHL players from being like Jagr. Jagr was a freak of nature and an all-time talent. I'll be happy if Chytil makes a few all-star games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad