Prospect Info: Filip Chlapik - potential

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Well, for as wrong as the Senators scout and I am about the comparison, it just magically seems to be pretty accurate 4 years later. I guess the universe has a strange way of working out.

So to bad you used your photographic memory for all those 2015 Filip Chlapik scouting videos, because the comparison to Hanzal is accurate.
It's not a photographic memory, it's just a basic memory.

Sens scouts never made that comparison, this is only you. And the comparison to Hanzel isn't accurate, whatsoever.

He isn't even playing Center, and their play style is nothing alike at all. And he will never be used as a shutdown center.

It's just a bad comparison

Last edited:
Reactions: derriko

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
It's not a photographic memory, it's just a basic memory.

Sens scouts never made that comparison, this is only you. And the comparison to Hanzel isn't accurate, whatsoever.

He isn't even playing Center, and their play style is nothing alike at all. And he will never be used as a shutdown center.

It's just a bad comparison

He played center in the Q - when the comparison was made.

It was along the lines of - good vision, good at protecting great puck, good passer, good support for his teammates, sketchy skating stride but he’s solid skater despite how he looks. but I guess Chlapik isn’t any of this things

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He played center in the Q - when the comparison was made.

It was along the lines of - good vision, good at protecting great puck, good passer, good support for his teammates, sketchy skating stride but he’s solid skater despite how he looks. but I guess Chlapik isn’t any of this things
I watched and heard a lot about Chlapik in his draft year, and heard a lot of comparisons, Hanzel, or anyone resembling Hanzel, never being one of them.

Look, you like the comparison, sure that's fine. But it was never made by any scouts, let alone the Sens scouts as you've presented. It should be easy to find if that was the case.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I watched and heard a lot about Chlapik in his draft year, and heard a lot of comparisons, Hanzel, or anyone resembling Hanzel, never being one of them.

Look, you like the comparison, sure that's fine. But it was never made by any scouts, let alone the Sens scouts as you've presented. It should be easy to find if that was the case.

Agreed. I don't see the comparison and I've never heard of it either. Hanzal was more a defensive, big bodied, slow center. Chlapik is non of that, nor was he ever that.

The only commonality is that they are both Chech. On this board I remember people comparing him more to Plekanec. Don't know if he'll score as much Plekanec.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yah.. I don't get the comparison either. Not saying someone didn't throw it out there but I can't see an NHL scout saying that.

Reactions: derriko

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

I think it would just be easier for you to post every single Filip Chlapik video scouting report post draft that doesn’t have the comparison to prove your point, since it’s gotten your knickers into a twist

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I think it would just be easier for you to post every single Filip Chlapik video scouting report post draft that doesn’t have the comparison to prove your point, since it’s gotten your knickers into a twist
It hasn't, I was just correcting your incorrect statement, and you doubled down

You like the comparison? Sure, your perspective.

Claiming the Sens made it, no, they never

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
3 hits 2 pims 3 shots a game winning goal in less than 7 minutes of ice time. Its incredible how much of an impact he has night in night out with no ice time.
Agreed. He deserves more than just filler ice time. Can't argue with the results recently but I still think they should be balancing the lines and rolling 4 as much as possible. DJ should hopefully start to trust a few more players as we go.

Reactions: derriko and DrEasy

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
It hasn't, I was just correcting your incorrect statement, and you doubled down

You like the comparison? Sure, your perspective.

Claiming the Sens made it, no, they never

Went back to the prospect profile and the links from Bob Loewes and Trent Mann are no longer there, but your comparison of Chlapik to Mark Stone is. I guess everyone was wrong on this one

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Went back to the prospect profile and the links from Bob Loewes and Trent Mann are no longer there, but your comparison of Chlapik to Mark Stone is. I guess everyone was wrong on this one
100%, never said I was correct, just that what you stated never happened, which it never. You can compare him to Hanzel all you like, but the Sens/others never did.

Also never compared him to Stone, compared him to Stillman. Said he sees the ice similar to Stone.

Plays like a bigger Cory Stillman. Has the same skating style, sees the ice and reads plays like Stillman used to, and slows the play down like Stillman with button hooks and cutting towards Center rather than straight down the boards.

He has everything you'd want in a playmaker. Excellent vision, hard on the puck, creates space, and has a shot that the team needs to respect.

I see a top 6 player when all is said and done, his game suits the NHL perfectly. He's not a North-South speedster, anyone expecting that is in for disappointment.

He controlled the ice and flow of the game at the Q level similar to Backstrom in Washington right now.

Sens had him ranked much higher, which just makes me question how they had Gagne so high.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
100%, never said I was correct, just that what you stated never happened, which it never. You can compare him to Hanzel all you like, but the Sens/others never did.

Also never compared him to Stone, compared him to Stillman. Said he sees the ice similar to Stone.

This is copy and paste your post:

He has massive offensive potential. His vision reminds me of Mark Stone.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Yes, his vision reminds me of Mark Stone. His vision, not his playstyle....

As I said, the way he sees the ice reminded me of Stone

Maybe because you’ve been proven wrong with your memory comparison to Mark Stone your video memory from 2015 of the Hanzal comparison can also be off?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Maybe because you’ve been proven wrong with your memory comparison to Mark Stone your video memory from 2015 of the Hanzal comparison can also be off?
I'm not sure what this even means, my memory comparison to Stone proven wrong? I admitted I compared his vision to Stone. My memory wasn't off, I was just wrong. Not to mention Stone just finished his 1st NHL season at the time.

If your that upset about your made up stuff, sure, the Hanzel comparison is also off and you are right

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad