Post-Game Talk: Fights, Speed, Grits, Cats & Dogs.. This Is The NHL Classico Ladies And Gentlemen! (Habs 3-2 Bruins)

POTG (14/01/2019)?

• Total voters

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
A little bit like poker, MB got to play the hand that's been given to him. I bet my house that St-Louis and Los Angeles never expected to have such a rough season. Since a top pick is out of the equation at this point and if Price keep being Price.....Bergevin has to play this right.

He never said that.....
Yes he did....when we define buyers at the deadline, it’s a team giving up assets for pending UFA’s

All GM’s are open for business when it comes to trades year round. We can all read in between the lines, you should try to do the same.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Everytime I start thinking that it's ok that the NHL is going with a softer, more puck driven approcach, they suck me right back in after a game like yesterday.

Let's be honest here, real hockey rivalries are driven by hits and fights, not gap control and execution. I hadn't had as much fun watching a regular season game in a long time. After DLO's fight, the whole team started taking hits to finish plays and giving them back. That's the 1 impact a fight is supposed to bring and it worked.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
And you believed him?

fmp78cg6qhdz.gif
Why wouldn’t we.....??

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
A little bit like poker, MB got to play the hand that's been given to him. I bet my house that St-Louis and Los Angeles never expected to have such a rough season. Since a top pick is out of the equation at this point and if Price keep being Price.....Bergevin has to play this right.

He never said that.....

Yes he did.

417 gave the cliff notes yesterday.

That's largely what Bergevin said. Also said he's open to trading vets at the right price.

Anyway. There's no way to tell what the outlook will be once we're close to TDL. Might be like right now, or might not be as great as it is right now.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
My dislike list starting with the one I dislike the most

1.Agostino
2.Chaput
3.Schlemko
4.Alzner
5.Hudon
6.Peca
7.Niemi
8.Kulak
9.Reilly
10.......that’s where it ends....like all the rest

:)

I'm really not liking Reilly much these days. I can live with Kulak, at least he moves the puck with some confidence. Reilly is just, bad.

Reactions: jaffy27

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Yes he did....when we define buyers at the deadline, it’s a team giving up assets for pending UFA’s

All GM’s are open for business when it comes to trades year round. We can all read in between the lines, you should try to do the same.

Reading between the lines.....you should start to listen to the lines to begin with.

You know that last year, even in a full tanking year......he bought a player, right?

He said he won't mortgage the future and trade the kids that were at WJC for rentals.
He said that he wouldn't give away a 1st for a rentals.
That i believe.

Never said anything about not trading anything else. Like his 2nd round picks or actual roster player.
He said and i quote: "I'm going to listen, if i think it makes sense, i'll do it"

Reactions: Redux91

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Yes he did.

417 gave the cliff notes yesterday.

That's largely what Bergevin said. Also said he's open to trading vets at the right price.

Anyway. There's no way to tell what the outlook will be once we're close to TDL. Might be like right now, or might not be as great as it is right now.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Reading between the lines.....you should start to listen to the lines to begin with.

You know that last year, even in a full tanking year......he bought a player, right?

He said he won't mortgage the future and trade the kids that were at WJC for rentals.
He said that he wouldn't give away a 1st for a rentals.
That i believe.

Never said anything about not trading anything else. Like his 2nd round picks or actual roster player.
He said and i quote: "I'm going to listen, if i think it makes sense, i'll do it"

And it making sense would be Bergevin not trading any of his young top prospects or top picks for short term help.

Of course if Colorado wants Lehkonen and a 2nd for Makar (hypothetical) then you do it cause in the big picture it makes sense even though you’re giving up young players and picks.

Bergevin is not giving up the youth for rentals, this would be a bad scenario.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Yes and?

Juicyham said:

You answered:

I responded, yes he did

And you then respond with this?

Man....Bergevin said he's not going to mortgage the future (trade 2-3 picks with Hudon and Reilly isn't mortgaging the future) but he also said that if something makes he'll do it. Can't be clearer than that. Never said he wasn't going to buy anything, just not the top/best rentals available.

He said that every year by the way....and i did post it somewhere in this forum. And every year he end up getting 1,2,3 players even last year.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Man....Bergevin said he's not going to mortgage the future (trade 2-3 picks with Hudon and Reilly isn't mortgaging the future) but he also said that if something makes he'll do it. Can't be clearer than that. Never said he wasn't going to buy anything, just not the top/best rentals available.

He said that every year by the way....and i did post it somewhere in this forum. And every year he end up getting 1,2,3 players even last year.
He got Reilly, a young LHD for a 5th I believe??

Low salary player in a position of need and gave up a low probability of making the NHL pick.....This makes sense

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
And it making sense would be Bergevin not trading any of his young top prospects or top picks for short term help.

Of course if Colorado wants Lehkonen and a 2nd for Makar (hypothetical) then you do it cause in the big picture it makes sense even though you’re giving up young players and picks.

Bergevin is not giving up the youth for rentals, this would be a bad scenario.

I'm also sure that if he could get a better partner for Petry or Weber in exchange for a 2nd round pick or Reilly and a 3rd he'll also do it.
I'm also sure that if he could get a guy like Boyle for a 5th round pick or Hudon, he won't hesitate one bit.

But i highly doubt Bergevin won't do anything for the 1st time in 7 years while his team is fighting to death for a PO spot. Even he must know that finishing 9 would be the absolute worst position possible.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I'm also sure that if he could get a better partner for Petry or Weber in exchange for a 2nd round pick or Reilly and a 3rd he'll also do it.
I'm also sure that if he could get a guy like Boyle for a 5th round pick or Hudon, he won't hesitate one bit.

But i highly doubt Bergevin won't do anything for the 1st time in 7 years while his team is fighting to death for a PO spot. Even he must know that finishing 9 would be the absolute worst position possible.
Oh, he’ll do something alright, just don’t know what yet.

What I am convinced of is you won’t see any TSN top trade bait players make their way to Montreal, especially pending UFA’s

Getting better partners for his top 4 I can get on board with.....again, it’ll be highway robbery type trade or a young promising player

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

He never said that.....

Yes he really did say that

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Oh, he’ll do something alright, just don’t know what yet.

What I am convinced of is you won’t see any TSN top trade bait players make their way to Montreal, especially pending UFA’s

Getting better partners for his top 4 I can get on board with.....again, it’ll be highway robbery type trade or a young promising player

So that was my whole point. Saying that Bergevin won't be buying anything at the TDL is not really true cause he never said that and anyway....he says that every year, nothing new here, nothing different.

Having said that, if Bergevin does absolutely nothing and the team ends up in 9th place and missing the PO by 1-2-3 points....i think it will be another failure on his part.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
So that was my whole point. Saying that Bergevin won't be buying anything at the TDL is not really true cause he never said that and anyway....he says that every year, nothing new here, nothing different.

Having said that, if Bergevin does absolutely nothing and the team ends up in 9th place and missing the PO by 1-2-3 points....i think it will be another failure on his part.
The context of the interview though was being a deadline buyer which traditionally involve trading picks for rentals, which is not what we are doing, as per Bergevin.

So Technically yes, we could buy, but that goes for the Kings and Sens too, it’s just very unlikely the aforementioned teams trade picks for rentals, which is what we and Bergevin are alluding to.

It’s all good.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I loved the game yesterday. Domi going after Chara was the high point, it looked almost like Gulliver's Travels with these small aggressive Habs and that lighthouse of a Slovakian player! :)

I'm sure Runner et al could do something fun with that.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I loved the game yesterday. Domi going after Chara was the high point, it looked almost like Gulliver's Travels with these small aggressive Habs and that lighthouse of a Slovakian player! :)

I'm sure Runner et al could do something fun with that.
Kotkaniemi levelling Chara was even cooler!!!!

And then the Deslauriers fight.....:nod:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I love how polite the title is, but when you go on the Bruins board it's slightly insulting and Xenophobic to French people

"Poutineville"? It's no better or worse than "Bean Town". I've seen way worse and it should be reported when it happens. Not sure the current title qualifies.

However, what struck me is how the French language in the rest of their title, is so accurate. Better than the quality of English in some of our titles. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad