fights in handshake lines?

Axxellien

Jun 23, 2009
Sherbrooke, Quebec
Boston Garden 1959:

..At the climactic conclusion of a bitterly fought, see saw , back and forth 7 games series both the Leafs & Bruins stumbled off the ice without so much as a nod..Exited the rink quicker than..:shakehead..No Handshakes, no celebrations, just sheer exhaustion, relief..:shakehead

doktor2d

Feb 8, 2009
A few points need to be made about the 2009 handshake line and Crosby and the Red Wings.

First off, I was there covering the game as a hockey beat writer. There was no media crowd around Crosby after the game. No media except the American and Canadian TV networks that had rights to the game were on the ice until the handshakes were over. Crosby did an interview. The Red Wings waited a while. Crosby continued to celebrate. The line went on without him.

Here's what foxes me ... and I'm a Crosby fan ... Toews did interviews. So did Lidstrom when he won. So did Gretzky and Messier. They all weren't swamped so much that they forgot the handshake line. Crosby's media obligations were one or two interviews before the handshake line. No more than Toews or Chara. Why was Crosby the only captain who wasn't able to join the line in time?

The rest of the media ... print, television, radio and new media ... were all waiting in the Zamboni entrance until well after the handshake line was finished.

I love Crosby ... but come on people, he celebrated instead of shaking hands. Call him on it this time. Next time, he'll get it right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad