OT: FIFA World Cup 2018 - Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
It sucks all the balls. They don't do it as much in the English Premier League, so it's pretty jarring when the international tournaments come around. You just kind of put it out of your mind as much as possible and try to focus on the game. The other thing about this current tournament is that the broadcast team is so shockingly terrible that it draws some of your irritation away from Ramenhead and his ilk dying a thousand deaths every time someone breathes on them.

The worst offenders, by miles and miles, are those countries where the idea of "machismo," or some alternate version of it, is most deeply ingrained. Baffling disconnect.
It's a war you can't see!

64de72ede19a61cfdb0b51f576300bd1.gif

4-0WtI.gif

S1CJ.gif

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
During the England match they announced the death of Walter Bahr. I remembered that name from when I was growing up but had to google him. He was a prominent figure in the Philly area and Matt and Chris Bahr are his sons. RIP.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
During the England match they announced the death of Walter Bahr. I remembered that name from when I was growing up but had to google him. He was a prominent figure in the Philly area and Matt and Chris Bahr are his sons. RIP.

when he coached at temple , he recruited many northeast high school grads to play for them.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Lukaku with two today against Panama ... and on one of them he was actually running. Could spell trouble for the Red Devils opponents if he keeps up this running thing. :D

Mertens with a gorgeous volley for goal.

Yeah, as mmvvpp mentioned above, check out De Bruyne's outside right foot pass on Lukaku's first goal. The guy's a magician with the ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Reactions: JackStraw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad