FHM 9

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
The biggest problem I have with FHM, and I've been playing for years, is the trade engine. I can shop a Zibanejad and get offers of fourth-line centers and 3-4th round picks. Shop a Kreider who is a 3 star and on pace for 30-35 goals at the deadline, you're getting 26-year-old AHLer offers 1 for 1 and deals like a third-rounder straight up for a 30 goal guy. Even if he's a rental, no reason for that. So, you either need a very good team already like TB or BOS or you need to strictly build through the draft. The deadline is a big time in hockey. It needs an overhaul. Long overdue.

When you use the Shop Player function, you're not going to get nearly as good of offers as you can make if you use the "Trade Offer" function instead. 'Shop Player' triggers the A.I. to evaluate the player in a much more standard sense, and they are much more cold and calculating than anyone will be. They're going to look at contract years, age, production and how the player fits in their lineup when they make the offer. More often than not, "Shopping" a player means the A.I. knows you want to move him, and so they will low-ball you offers because of (for instance their contract status) those factors. It's a great way to dump someone you don't want, but when you're looking to move a better player, trying to use just a "Trade Offer" and building one yourself is a better way to go (and you'll get better deals as you improve your trade ability as well).

You can however use the Shop Player to trade up. When you're trying to move a young player, on a good contract (even entry level) you can get great offers because the A.I. values those players highly (as do most GMs now).

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
When you use the Shop Player function, you're not going to get nearly as good of offers as you can make if you use the "Trade Offer" function instead. 'Shop Player' triggers the A.I. to evaluate the player in a much more standard sense, and they are much more cold and calculating than anyone will be. They're going to look at contract years, age, production and how the player fits in their lineup when they make the offer. More often than not, "Shopping" a player means the A.I. knows you want to move him, and so they will low-ball you offers because of (for instance their contract status) those factors. It's a great way to dump someone you don't want, but when you're looking to move a better player, trying to use just a "Trade Offer" and building one yourself is a better way to go (and you'll get better deals as you improve your trade ability as well).

You can however use the Shop Player to trade up. When you're trying to move a young player, on a good contract (even entry level) you can get great offers because the A.I. values those players highly (as do most GMs now).
appreciate it!

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
appreciate it!
Also (and because I forgot to mention), don't forget to utilize the Trade Block. By posting a player on there, especially with a month or a little more to go to the Trade Deadline you may get a team who does give a surprisingly good offer. We've (on stream) picked up 1st rounders and former-first rounders doing that as well.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The biggest problem I have with FHM, and I've been playing for years, is the trade engine. I can shop a Zibanejad and get offers of fourth-line centers and 3-4th round picks. Shop a Kreider who is a 3 star and on pace for 30-35 goals at the deadline, you're getting 26-year-old AHLer offers 1 for 1 and deals like a third-rounder straight up for a 30 goal guy. Even if he's a rental, no reason for that. So, you either need a very good team already like TB or BOS or you need to strictly build through the draft. The deadline is a big time in hockey. It needs an overhaul. Long overdue.

Are you shopping them or putting them on the trade block and waiting for offers? Because if you just shop them teams are going to offer you a bunch of crap for the player as you’re asking for an instant response. It’s easy enough to negotiate the offers you’re getting from them also.

The trade engine isn’t great but it’s much better than any hockey other game (EA or EHM) around.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Are you shopping them or putting them on the trade block and waiting for offers? Because if you just shop them teams are going to offer you a bunch of crap for the player as you’re asking for an instant response. It’s easy enough to negotiate the offers you’re getting from them also.

The trade engine isn’t great but it’s much better than any hockey other game (EA or EHM) around.
I was shopping them. I am going to finagle with the trade offer tab and see what happens. I appreciate the help from all.

KA Olimb

Dec 11, 2015
FHM keeps getting better and better. Love playing the historical mode which seems fairly accurate in relation to player ratings, stats etc.

I've noticed some defencemen who are also enforces rack up way too many PIMs, like well over 500, which is way too much.

I think the trade engine is pretty good. "Shop player" doesn't land you a player of the same value kinda deal, but if you put him on trade block, some team will usually give you a reasonable offer before the deadline

Last edited:
Reactions: CasusBelli

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
FHM keeps getting better and better. Love playing the historical mode which seems fairly accurate in relation to player ratings, stats etc.

I've noticed some defencemen who are also enforces rack up way too many PIMs, like well over 500, which is way too much.

I think the trade engine is pretty good. "Shop player" doesn't land you a player of the same value kinda deal, but if you put him on trade block, some team will usually give you a reasonable offer before the deadline

Another thing that should be tuned down in FHM7 is SOG diffirences in historical mode. There are sometimes ridicilous diffirence like 74-8 or 55-10. That's ok-ish if Great Britain plays against Canada or Sweden, but shouldn't be case in NHL.

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Can you specify where you're seeing this? I can't say I've seen that many. I know we had some issues in earlier builds, but those were updated.

Anything. best place for updates, add-ons, how tos etc.

Our last official update has been released (although we *may* release one more - or if something game breaking is found of course), but most of our development time is working on the next version of FHM (and guys, I'm really excited to talk about it - but not yet!). So if you downloaded it off Steam, or from our website, you should be good.

In terms of Add-Ons, again, depends on the version. Our official forums have many in our Mods section, but Steamworks has some good stuff too. If you're looking for a quick - how do I add all sorts of logos - There is the Megapack on Steam. It has everything it in, but it wasn't updated for 6 so you'll need to manually change a few name (like Kootney Ice to Winnipeg Ice, etc). From there, it depends what you're really into. There's been a guy on our forums diligently going and making new jerseys for a lot of leagues, or if you're looking for Custom Team logos (that aren't in the game), I have a thread on our forums of ones you can download and add easily. Or if you're looking more historical my Historical Minor League Logos are available on both Steam/our Forums to add a little more authenticity to your game. Keep in mind if you've already started a game you'll need to put them not only in quick_start files, but in your individual Saved_Games files as well.

As for How to Play, it really depends on the league your in. If you've never played this type of game before, start with an NHL club, and dive in. Don't overlook getting more Scouts or hiring better assistants. You can watch our weekly Twitch Series (we have been on Wednesday's at 10pm Eastern - but I think we're going to move to Thursdays at 7pm Eastern - at least for the Summer), or watch our Archived shows. If you have specific questions, asking on either our Forums will generate lots of good responses, or joining our official discord can get you answers as well.

One last thing: Play the game as a GM/HC. If there is something you don't want to do, assign it the assistant (found in Manager > Options). Once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to take more control as you like. And of course, have the Manual Open to read up on things as well.

KA Olimb

Dec 11, 2015
Can you specify where you're seeing this? I can't say I've seen that many. I know we had some issues in earlier builds, but those were updated.

I don't have the save, but I was running a 99-00 historical game with the latest patch and Rudy Poeschek had 551 PIMs,Paul Laus and Dave Manson trailing with around 500. For regular enforcers who were wingers, the PIMs were more realistic, around 150-250.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Why there is no real players in the draft in historical mode once when you reach 2020. draft ? :)

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
If I buy FHM6 today, will the rosters be fully up to date?

Rosters were updated post trade deadline, so they'll be fairly accurate, although guys who have come under contract since/contract renewals will not have been added. We're working on a new update that should be out very soon to address a few things, and we'll have more information very soon.

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
And the update is now live! The game has also been discounted by 50% off - $9.99 USD.

We are also working on a modified save file for you to play out the playoffs coming soon as well!

Reactions: Paul4587

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
And the update is now live! The game has also been discounted by 50% off - $9.99 USD.

We are also working on a modified save file for you to play out the playoffs coming soon as well!

Is there also Seattle when i start the new game?

Question to public: What is the most impressive player, that was seen in this game?

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Is there also Seattle when i start the new game?

Question to public: What is the most impressive player, that was seen in this game?

You must add Seattle automatically via expansion, but logo and team uniform will appear right on, you don't have to download it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad