Fellow USA fans...

Titan124

Oct 14, 2005
I don't respect this win because the refs even messed up the skills competition by messing up the order. Furthermore, I've lost respect for the IIHF by saying it wouldn't have made a difference.

Waffle Crisp*

Frazee looked good.
I just don't like the idea of having the same player go multiple times.

Does anyone know what time the Bronze medal game is? And somewhere to watch since TSN doesn't work in the states.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
you forgot
-the team (even if they have a better record) has to be the away team, if they were home team the first time they played. HUH???? why do you play so hard to win, if they are going to make you the away team the second time around. :confused: :confused:

And now we've learned that the order of shooters is supposed to change after the first three. What a stupid ****ing rule. Who the **** thought of that! I'm actually really pissed off at the IIHF and their stupid rules that nobody understands BECAUSE THEY DON'T MAKE SENSE.

What for? In the interest of fairness? **** fairness, it's sports! You EARN your way! GAH!

bling

Jun 23, 2004
And now we've learned that the order of shooters is supposed to change after the first three. What a stupid ****ing rule. Who the **** thought of that! I'm actually really pissed off at the IIHF and their stupid rules that nobody understands BECAUSE THEY DON'T MAKE SENSE.

What for? In the interest of fairness? **** fairness, it's sports! You EARN your way! GAH!

But one rule that is very clear and yet was very clearly ignored is that when blood is drawn, the penalty time is at the very least 4 minutes, not the 2 minute minor called by the ref.

I guess with any rule, new, old, IIHF or NHL, it is only as good as those who enforce it.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
And now for a really important question for the American team. Will the Coyotes release Mueller to play in his 4th WJC next year? :)

Last edited:

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
the save frazee made on little in regulation = godlike

I saw that unfold with the open net, and frazee got over to stop it, and it was like "holy sh*t"

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
I was very impressed by the Americans. Your future looks very bright indeed. I absolutely hate the way this ended, a shoot-out shouldn't decide any medal. :(

I don't mean to start a huge argument or anything, but I never understood this statement, why do people think this, Team USA hasn't been able to put back to back medals together of any kind, and they're just .500 in this tourney. :confused:

CapsWolverinesUSA

Jan 3, 2007
I don't mean to start a huge argument or anything, but I never understood this statement, why do people think this, Team USA hasn't been able to put back to back medals together of any kind, and they're just .500 in this tourney. :confused:

Probably because some people think that what happened in past years is less relevant than the actual players returning next year?

lopper

Oct 22, 2006
AB
But one rule that is very clear and yet was very clearly ignored is that when blood is drawn, the penalty time is at the very least 4 minutes, not the 2 minute minor called by the ref.

I guess with any rule, new, old, IIHF or NHL, it is only as good as those who enforce it.

I see some people still can't get over all the whining built up in their system. Did you happen to know that the US had 60 minutes of regulation to score more goals than Canada and they didn't however with the ONE penalty call they got SCREWED OVER. Incase you didn't notice one play does not make a game. If the Americans score on the powerplay the game is over and this penalty is not even talked about. Quit trying to use excuses on why the US lost, everyone plays by the same rules in the tournament (regarding shootouts). Geez if you want to pick out specific events how about if the US beat Germany during pool play they would have finished 2nd in pool A played the Czechs in the quaters and then never would have had to play Canada unless they met in the finals...

Macman

May 15, 2004
Americans should take comfort in the fact that whining about blown penalties and the unfairness of shootouts means you've finally arrived as an elite hockey power. Every missed opportunity for gold hurts like hell, but it sure beats having no chance at all.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
I see some people still can't get over all the whining built up in their system. Did you happen to know that the US had 60 minutes of regulation to score more goals than Canada and they didn't however with the ONE penalty call they got SCREWED OVER. Incase you didn't notice one play does not make a game. If the Americans score on the powerplay the game is over and this penalty is not even talked about. Quit trying to use excuses on why the US lost, everyone plays by the same rules in the tournament (regarding shootouts). Geez if you want to pick out specific events how about if the US beat Germany during pool play they would have finished 2nd in pool A played the Czechs in the quaters and then never would have had to play Canada unless they met in the finals...

I sure do not see anywhere in my post any complaints about the shootout. I merely mentioned the fact that the likelyhood of scoring a game winning OT goal would have been greater for the US if they had been given the correct amount of penalty time.

I guess my biggest mistake seems to be forgetting that only Team Canada fans are allowed to express negative opionions on the officiating, or for that matter, complain at all.:sarcasm:

Macman

May 15, 2004
I don't respect this win because the refs even messed up the skills competition by messing up the order. Furthermore, I've lost respect for the IIHF by saying it wouldn't have made a difference.

You just lost respect for the IIHF now? No offence, but these guys have been clowns for decades.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
It shouldnt of ended in a SO, i hate them. But congrats to USA on playing a solid game. Hope you guys get the bronze, your team deserves it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad