Fellow Flyers' fans- what is your favorite Big E (Lindros) moment

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I would not want to be punched by Lindros, not that I want to be punched by anyone.

I don't think many would either. He could throw with both hands effectively. He'd pack a punch standing in close. He didn't need sit back & chuck bombs to do damage. In a hockey fight he was probably one of the strongest in the league & probably the best conditioned.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Tied with Iverson for my favorite athlete ever. Im a Fedorov diehard but Lindros will always be number one for me.

Very few forwards I take over peak Lindros.

People always debate if Lebron James grew up playing hockey how dominant would he be. We already saw it in Lindros.

Dusted a lot of racist South Philly trash both at Rizzo Rink and in the street playing roller hockey in the early 2000's pretending I was Lindros. The way he went out is typical Philly sports but none of the luster of those years has worn off for me.

My favorite moment: I have this highlight tape circa 94-95 ish I believe. Home game against the Rangers. Brian Leetch tries to rush the puck through the neutral zone. Lindros flies in, hits him high, knocks the puck loose and joins the counter rush. Takes the pass in traffic and all wrists no shoulders fires a bullet top corner past Richter. Unreal display of strength, skill, and ferocity.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
what if Snider didnt squash the idea to send Lindros to Carolina instead of Brind'Amour. Clarke wanted to trade Lindros instead of Brind'Amour.
Wonder what direction the franchise would of gone.

If you are going to go there then what direction would have the franchise gone if ( as rumor has it) Brind'Amour was part of the deal with Quebec instead of Forsberg? I always admired Rod but Peter was a better player in my opinion.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah, I have, you're just being ignorant to the facts.

No, you aren't. You're judging past hits by modern standards. Pretty blatantly.

I'm not understanding why people here think it's okay to allow someone to hit someone else, who's defenseless, in the head, because it's "not recent."

Literally nobody has argued this, they're telling you that the standards at the time were different and everyone knows those hits wouldn't be allowed now.

So if Shea Weber knocks out a player with a hit to the head, it's okay, because it's 2017?

Literally nobody has argued this.

If some of you people arguing against this ever had multiple concussions, you might understand it better.

I guarantee some of the people here arguing it have had multiple concussions. I've only had one. I understand how the current standard works. Unlike you I also understand how standards in the 90s worked. Unlike you I understand that players can only operate within the existing standards of their time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad