Fedorov lost all his NHL money

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Just wondering how many men would gladly trade $81M to be married to Anna Kournikova for 5 years in her prime...

I sure as heck would not, neither would any sensible man. First of all she isn't that hot. And second you can "buy" yourself multiple woman that look better than her for a tiny fraction of that amount.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I'm sorry, but what an idiot. You've got to keep tabs on your finances.

Yeah, pretty much. It's always weird reading about how this and this person got scammed. Meanwhile I wonder how that's even possible. I would never trust any shady person with even 50€, much less 40mil.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
This is why you never mix friends/family & business. Sometimes it works out (LeBron James & Mav Carter, Lindros & his parents) but usually it doesn't. You hire a reputable third party that is certified and trusted by the NHLPA.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I wonder if the stress from this effected him on the ice. I always thought it was weird how his game really fell of pretty early in his 30s compared to other guys on his level.

Sort of, a lot of people forget that all of his life turmoil kind of happened at the same time. He was figuring out that his money manager was stealing from him. He went through a divorce. He was switching agents. It made his contract negotiations very hard as in my opinion the Wings were not very understanding of everything going on in his life. He never really was the same player once he left, so I wonder if life was going a little better if he would have signed on one of the first offers.

This story has been known for years in Detroit. I thought for years in hockey circles. Zada is a *******, it is unlikely that Fedorov gets any restitution which is really despicable. Fedorov did win his $60 million lawsuit against Zada.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This is why you never mix friends/family & business. Sometimes it works out (LeBron James & Mav Carter, Lindros & his parents) but usually it doesn't. You hire a reputable third party that is certified and trusted by the NHLPA.

Joseph Zada would have looked like a reputable money manager to several people.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm-beach/fl-zada-ponzi-sentenced-20160122-story.html

Like most people that have run a ponzi scheme for years and gotten away with it, Zada was fairly good at seeming legit.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Klychko brothers are Ukrainian.
Time and time again you lump us together with Russia, while it is Russia which is waging a war of aggression against Ukraine right now.

Was gonna say, I know plenty of people from Ukraine through school, they certainly don't consider themselves Russian. Russia has treated Ukraine pretty badly for a long time now. Ukrainians were celebrating when the Germans showed up in WWII, that should tell you something.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Really? Bobby Orr himself was swindled out of a massive fortune by his agent Eagleson. Whom he trusted like a second father.

It sucks to have a trust betrayed by a friend or worse family. It must be even a bigger feeling of betrayal then even the loss of a fortune.

However as to whether players should trust Orr as an agent... Orr famously never cashed a cheque of his Chicago Blackhawk salary. Even getting paid plenty more then in Boston. Because he didn't feel he "earned" it because he was injured so often. That is a guy I trust with my money.

On the topic of athletes losing their fortunes to con artists... the thing that boggles my mind is that it lasts for years and years. Anyone can get conned for a short while. Getting conned for a half decade is quite the achievement.

That was before he couldn't be bothered to find out that the Bruins were offering him a share of the team. Sounded like another guy that "just wanted to play hockey."

Preisst*

Jun 11, 2008
Western Canada
ya, some ppull:shakehead

Ya!!!!! I think those ppull are literally evil........what kind of ppull would scam and rip off their own parents and children......

Coming from a credit and collection background I have dealt with many ppull that fall into that category.

Those ppull are evil ppull......

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Ya!!!!! I think those ppull are literally evil........what kind of ppull would scam and rip off their own parents and children......

Coming from a credit and collection background I have dealt with many ppull that fall into that category.

Those ppull are evil ppull......
Ppull pls

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
It's funny (sad) how nonchalant most people are when it comes to their personal finances.

Maybe some (alot?) of us honestly dont care that much? Money is one, of many, tools which you can use in order to get what you want in life- Finanicals cant really change the fact that you are still gonna die and ultimately life is just pointless. It's a man made concept and not all of us wants to be owned by the monetary system. You are obviously free to prioritize how you want in life but the same is obviously true for people with different mindset aswell.

Last edited:

Creativero

Jul 17, 2015
Sort of, a lot of people forget that all of his life turmoil kind of happened at the same time. He was figuring out that his money manager was stealing from him. He went through a divorce. He was switching agents. It made his contract negotiations very hard as in my opinion the Wings were not very understanding of everything going on in his life. He never really was the same player once he left, so I wonder if life was going a little better if he would have signed on one of the first offers.

This story has been known for years in Detroit. I thought for years in hockey circles. Zada is a *******, it is unlikely that Fedorov gets any restitution which is really despicable. Fedorov did win his $60 million lawsuit against Zada.

Yeah that is a lot of factors to be dealing with right at the time when most guys need to really step up their conditioning and adjust thier play if they want to stay on top a few more years. Not to mention the fact that the guy was used to playing on some of the best teams in the league and contending for the Cup every year so was dealing with a pretty big downgrade in supporting cast.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I sure as heck would not, neither would any sensible man. First of all she isn't that hot. And second you can "buy" yourself multiple woman that look better than her for a tiny fraction of that amount.

Anna Kournikova wasn't that hot in her prime...

Bold statement. You're wrong, but bold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad