News Article: Fedor unhappy

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Unhappy millionaire from Columbus, it's terrible :cry: Fedor isn't Markov ( Gonchar, Zubov, Konstantinov, etc). Where his future position with Murray, Jones, Werensky, Savard? But ( I hope, because he is our veteran) he could be good mentor for youngsters playing lesser minutes in stay at home position

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Looking like Torts arrival is not really improving the locker room climate...

not much of a surprise though

Actually, it is the exact opposite. He is demanding players to play hard and smart. How dare a coach do that.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
If Tyutin can be moved for less than 50% salary retention with no bad contract coming back, then it would be miraculous.

It will not be miraculous. Here to stay for 2.5 more years barring Rene Bourque's twin coming back in deal.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Nothing much to note here, unless you are trying to build a case for Torts being a bully.

Sometimes I forget Tyutin is even on the team still. That's pretty bad when you are paying a guy 4.75 mil to be a non factor.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
– Why you didn’t get to the lineup in the game against Toronto?

– No comment. Better to ask him [head coach John Tortorella].

I'll comment, you are terrible Toots. We have waiver wire pickups out playing you. Heck, we waived a guy playing better than you. You are stealing money this year.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
It doesn't seem like much was clearly stated in Russian, let alone its English translation.

I'm pretty happy to ignore this.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I really don't care what Tyutin says. I would not mind if he quit and returned to Russia. Who gave him that contract? JK or Howson? Six years? That is as bad as any contract we have except for our Clarkson.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I really don't care what Tyutin says. I would not mind if he quit and returned to Russia. Who gave him that contract? JK or Howson? Six years? That is as bad as any contract we have except for our Clarkson.

Howson, and it made perfect sense to do so. $4.5 mil for six years on a defenseman who was 28 at the time (I think). You don't expect a guy who's not brutally physical to basically start getting old fast when they're 31 or 32.

And it's a depressing thought when players younger than me start declining rapidly.

Valdiz

Apr 4, 2015
Moscow
I believe that the reason for such rapid decline in his performance is mental. Ok, sure, he doesn't get any younger, but to fail so miserably? From his interview I get the feeling that he feels...lonely, for the lack of better word.
He must be dumped, no question about it. Don't think anybody would want him, so, I suspect buyout and departure to KHL.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Howson, and it made perfect sense to do so. $4.5 mil for six years on a defenseman who was 28 at the time (I think). You don't expect a guy who's not brutally physical to basically start getting old fast when they're 31 or 32.

Agree.

I also agree with those who say they don't care what Fedor has to say, unless it's something along the lines of "I'm disappointed in my play. I don't like being benched, and I disagree with the decision, but I am committed to improving." No one is going to say that, but that's about all I'd accept at this point.

I also agree that what he is saying is probably no big deal from a player-hates-coach/org standpoint. He's not the first veteran to be benched and not be happy about it. At some point, it'll just be so much water under the bridge.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Nothing much to note here, unless you are trying to build a case for Torts being a bully.

Pretty much this - and I think he is a bully, and I am looking to build such a case, and yet I wouldn't include this because frankly it's flimsy as all hell. I don't like the optics myself, and it feels like a "bully" situation, but with the sheer lack of information available that's far more likely to just be a reflection of my own prejudices rather than actual usable info.

* * *​

And it's a depressing thought when players younger than me start declining rapidly.

I seem to remember him being 28 when it was signed and closer to 29 when it took effect, but, meh. Could be misremembering.

And yeah, I hear you on the "but he's younger than I am!" dismay. :( ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad