Fedor Tjutin (Tyutin)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Jerk*

What's his potential as an NHL'er?? Do you see him as a top 2/4 d-man, that can play the powerplay. Is he a defensive d-man, all-round contributor?? What's his offensive potential?? Thanks is advance..

MisterUnspoken

Vintage
Nov 10, 2002
New York
Definitely a top 4, top 2 I dont know, depends on his development, but he will be similair to a Roman Hamrlik but thats just my opinion.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
IMO he's way overrated on these boards.
He has a shot at the NHL, but I don't see him as another Hamrlik at all.

BLACKBURN

Feb 17, 2003
London
Visit site
I dont think he will be like Hamrlik at all, more like a Danny Markov imo. And hows he overrated? I havent seen his name mentioned on these boards in months and when it is no one is saying hes the next Pronger.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
BLACKBURN said:
I dont think he will be like Hamrlik at all, more like a Danny Markov imo. And hows he overrated? I havent seen his name mentioned on these boards in months and when it is no one is saying hes the next Pronger.

He's far too big to be a Danny Markov. I'm not sure about his offensive abilities, but he is a beast in his own end.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
BLACKBURN said:
He's on many people's top 20 list which is a big reach IMO.

BLACKBURN

Feb 17, 2003
London
Visit site
Evilo said:
He's on many people's top 20 list which is a big reach IMO.

Theres a reason. Hes 6'2/6'3, is a great skater,can take the body and has solid offensive skills. He is working on his defence in Hartford where he is +7 and has 12 points in 38 games which is reasonable for an AHL rookie defenceman, especially one coming from Europe. I think any potential top 3 defenceman should be in the top 20 of most peoples list as there arent too many of them, just look around the league.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I disagree. There are plenty of good Dmen prospects out there. Plenty better than Tyutin IMO.
Nearly each team has a prospect like Tyutin, and many have better prospects than him.
For instance, the Penguins have Whitney and Welch who are IMO better prospects than Tyutin. Yet none of them is ranked in the top 20. Because they're not as overrated as Tyutin is.

Bure9*

Evilo said:
I disagree. There are plenty of good Dmen prospects out there. Plenty better than Tyutin IMO.
Nearly each team has a prospect like Tyutin, and many have better prospects than him.
For instance, the Penguins have Whitney and Welch who are IMO better prospects than Tyutin. Yet none of them is ranked in the top 20. Because they're not as overrated as Tyutin is.

Other people must see something that your not seeing and since he's a Rangers prospect I'd say that its a damn miracle that he's even being mentioned in anybody's top 20 list. We all know how people like to sh#t on the Rangers and anybody associated with them.

The Jerk*

Bure9 said:
Other people must see something that your not seeing and since he's a Rangers prospect I'd say that its a damn miracle that he's even being mentioned in anybody's top 20 list. We all know how people like to sh#t on the Rangers and anybody associated with them.

believe dat..

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Bure9 said:
I have nothing against the Rangers.
And I don't think your feeling holds water.
I can understand how you feel, but the fact is that Brendl, Lundmark, Tyutin, Blackburn, Dubé, Malohtra all were part of some people's top 20 at some point, so I'm not sure there is a negative bias towards the Rangers as far as prospects go.

BLACKBURN

Feb 17, 2003
London
Visit site
Even THN agree. Hes 19 out of all prospects on all teams, not just defenceman. You must be either very wrong or the rest of the hockey world is. "Nearly each team has a prospect like Tyutin, and many have better prospects than him." If thats true then why does THN have only 4 defenceman ahead of him? Im betting you havent even see the guy play many games, if at all and so with your vast knowledge are definitely able to make statements like that. At the moment he definitely has the potential to be a great dfenceman, youll probably get the opotunity to see for yourself as he has just beeen called up.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
BLACKBURN said:
Even THN agree. Hes 19 out of all prospects on all teams, not just defenceman. You must be either very wrong or the rest of the hockey world is. "Nearly each team has a prospect like Tyutin, and many have better prospects than him." If thats true then why does THN have only 4 defenceman ahead of him? Im betting you havent even see the guy play many games, if at all and so with your vast knowledge are definitely able to make statements like that. At the moment he definitely has the potential to be a great dfenceman, youll probably get the opotunity to see for yourself as he has just beeen called up.
THN's top prospects is a reference???
It's a joke!
It has Corey Perry in its top 50!!!!
I think Tyutin is a guy that has some NHL future, but not as a top 2 Dman, which IMO is needed to be in the top 20 prospects.
If there's no more than 19 prospects that are worth more than a 3rd/4th Dman out there, then the league is in trouble...

BLACKBURN

Feb 17, 2003
London
Visit site
Evilo said:
THN's top prospects is a reference???
It's a joke!
It has Corey Perry in its top 50!!!!
I think Tyutin is a guy that has some NHL future, but not as a top 2 Dman, which IMO is needed to be in the top 20 prospects.
If there's no more than 19 prospects that are worth more than a 3rd/4th Dman out there, then the league is in trouble...

In my opinion THN is a more knowledgable resource than youself. Atleast youve gone from "He has a shot at the NHL" to "Tyutin is a guy that has some NHL future" And top 3 D-men arent that common in this league, thats why they are so valuable and fetch so much in trades. Name the leagues defenceman that can be considered top 2. I have in my opinion

Blake
Foote
Zubov
Lidstom
Hatcher
Schneider (questionable)
Brewer (questionable)
Norstrom (questionable)
Stevens
Niedermayer
Aucoin
Hamrlik
Leetch
Redden
Chara
Pronger
Stuart (questionable)
Kaberle (questionable)
Jovonaski
Ohlund (questionable)
Sopel (questionable)

Thats about 20, theres 30 NHL teams and a couple of teams have 2 or more. I just think you undervalue what a top 2 defenceman is.

Sundried TOmato

Oct 26, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
BLACKBURN said:
Name the leagues defenceman that can be considered top 2. I have in my opinion

Blake
Foote
Zubov
Lidstom
Hatcher
Schneider (questionable)
Brewer (questionable)
Norstrom (questionable)
Stevens
Niedermayer
Aucoin
Hamrlik
Leetch
Redden
Chara
Pronger
Stuart (questionable)
Kaberle (questionable)
Jovonaski
Ohlund (questionable)
Sopel (questionable)
Not a bad list. Where is Gonchar, though?

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Ohlund "questionable"?

hahahah

BLACKBURN said:
In my opinion THN is a more knowledgable resource than youself. Atleast youve gone from "He has a shot at the NHL" to "Tyutin is a guy that has some NHL future" And top 3 D-men arent that common in this league, thats why they are so valuable and fetch so much in trades. Name the leagues defenceman that can be considered top 2. I have in my opinion

Blake
Foote
Zubov
Lidstom
Hatcher
Schneider (questionable)
Brewer (questionable)
Norstrom (questionable)
Stevens
Niedermayer
Aucoin
Hamrlik
Leetch
Redden
Chara
Pronger
Stuart (questionable)
Kaberle (questionable)
Jovonaski
Ohlund (questionable)
Sopel (questionable)

Thats about 20, theres 30 NHL teams and a couple of teams have 2 or more. I just think you undervalue what a top 2 defenceman is.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
BLACKBURN said:

Blake
Foote
Zubov
Lidstom
Hatcher
Schneider (questionable)
Brewer (questionable)
Norstrom (questionable)
Stevens
Niedermayer
Aucoin
Hamrlik
Leetch
Redden
Chara
Pronger
Stuart (questionable)
Kaberle (questionable)
Jovonaski
Ohlund (questionable)
Sopel (questionable)

I didn't say I owned gospel truth. It's my opinion than THN's rankings suck and that Tyutin isn't a top 20 prospect.
On your list, I would add guys like Gonchar, Niinimaa, but that's not the point anyway. The point is that these guys SHOULD HAVE BEEN top 20 prospects. If you add the forwards and goalies, that means that there is about 6-7 spots in the top 20 for Dmen. I believe there are more than 6-7 guys out there better than Tyutin.

Sundried TOmato

Oct 26, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
BLACKBURN said:
I forgot Gounchar, hes obviously a legit top 2. I looked at Ninnima but thought he is not a legit top 2, a good 3 but no more imo.
Back on topic, though. I've seen Tjutin play and he is solid: good positioning, good head on his shoulders, responsible in his own end. He is not a Zubov in training, but he has some creative moments. Don't think he's overrated at all.

The Jerk*

Is Tjutin though more of a defensive players, or is he solid all-round?

iamcaper

Tjutin isn't an expert at any one thing but he is better than average at pretty much everything needed to be a successful NHL Dman. I don't feel he's over-rated because, in my opinion, dmen are of slightly higher value than forwards. He may not be a top 2 dman because of his style of play but in the right city and under the right system he could easily become a top 2 dman. I don't think that city is New York with the Rangers however.

BLACKBURN

Feb 17, 2003
London
Visit site
iamcaper said:
Tjutin isn't an expert at any one thing but he is better than average at pretty much everything needed to be a successful NHL Dman. I don't feel he's over-rated because, in my opinion, dmen are of slightly higher value than forwards. He may not be a top 2 dman because of his style of play but in the right city and under the right system he could easily become a top 2 dman. I don't think that city is New York with the Rangers however.

I dont think New York is the right city for anyone under 35 and with potential. Good post, and a good point about trade value.

Wingboy2999

Feb 16, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site
He played saturday against the Flyers. From the few times of me watching him, he was just bad. He coughed up the puck a couple times, could barely get it out of his zone. Just not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad