Fedor Tjutin (Tyutin)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dedalus

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Seems to me you have serious comprehension problems.

BTW, let me first start by answering something you wrote earlier : I've never ever made a ranger bashing post. You can do a search, anything you want, you won't find one single post like this. In fact I'm more of a Rangers backer, and used to post on a Ranger forum.
I can't believe the paranoia.

No ... I'd have to argue that comprehension and paranoia are your problems not mine. If you check my posts you'll see I never claimed you were a Ranger basher. Rather I wrote that you could easily be dismissed as one. Those are two very different things, and I'd call it a measure of your paranoia, or inability to comprehend, or both that has made you misread what I wrote.

I'm getting the info from guys I trust and I also caught a couple of tapes of Tyutin to form my own opinion.

Fair enough. Certainly had you written this a long time ago much of the grief you've taken might have been avoided. Still, it comes down to your credibility from having seen "a couple tapes" (and the opinions of your "guys") set against that of NHL scouts and GMs. Don't take offense if just about all of us trust their read on the kid over yours.

Again, you talk about a specific problem he has and that I should point to

Hardly. I'm talking about an overall discussion of his game that is supported by specifics, not statements which are supported only by other statements.

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
in the hall said:
hows that crow tasting fellas?:joker:

lol so true
Tjutin was absolutely amazing for the rangers, our best defencemen, made little mistakes to boot. And you can say "he didn't have pressure" but how many other defencemen anchor an entire team in their 1st season? aside from Bouwmeister.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
in the hall said:
hows that crow tasting fellas?:joker:
How that reading comprehension going "fella"? :joker:

You DID participate in this thread? Short memory?

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=65532

Well I must say I wasn't impressed with him until recently.
I must admit I was wrong.
He's been very good so far.

Well before I saw him with the Rangers over the last few weeks, I thought he didn't have a big strengh that would set him apart and make him a #1 or #2 NHL Dman.
But I see that he does nothing wrong either, and that his passing is coming along nicely.
We'll see how he develops, but he's making me eat my crow so far...

As you can see I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong...
Can you? :eek:

Last edited:

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
Evilo said:
How that reading comprehension going "fella"? :joker:

You DID participate in this thread? Short memory?

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=65532

As you can see I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong...
Can you? :eek:
relax bro this thread was pointed out on the ranger board, i wasnt targeting you but used your post as the example but really i was being more facetious then anything

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
Tyutin was very solid this year for the Rangers. I am a Rangers fan, but judging him fairly he showed A LOT of potential. I'd say he is easily a 2-3 dman and he is the kind of guy that can develop and won't be disrupted by playing in NY. And another thing, rip the Rangers all you want for not developing players correctly in the past but at this point they are set on rebuilding and will devlope guys into good players over the next few years. I can gaurentee Tyutin will not be traded for "some 35 year old super star".

As for WHY I think Tyutin is a 2-3 dman, this is what I think of him after watching his 25 games with the big club this year. He has good size and although he's not going to throw monster hits, he uses his size effectively along the boards, in 1 on 1 battles and in traffic. Along with the size, he is a good skater and is stronger on his skates than most players his age. He's not dominant in his own zone, but understands where he needs to be and gets there. He doesn't lose his guy and he doesn't leave the front of the net when he knows it will be open if he does.

He moves the puck very well and makes passes that most players his age wouldn't see. Won't put up more than 40 pts in a season but can play PP, has a decent shot. He reads the play and knows when to move up ice.

However, his strongest attributes lay in his personality and demeanor on the ice. He's laid back and calm in all situations which helps him make smart plays on the puck. Doesn't get rattled or take stupid penalties.

HE'S NOT OVERRATED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad