GDT: Feb 25 - Flames @ Devils [5:30pm on SN]

May 27, 2012
Earth
Diaz on the second pairing is like having David Moss as your #1 centre. Sorry Brent, not interested.

The lineup would be more balanced. 3rd paring is alright. Tspoon is better all round than Diaz, but Diaz brings a better offensive game. Playing with Russell would be beneficial for Diaz rather playing with Englelland. Engelland is not the greatest of skaters unlike Russell who can cover much better if Diaz decided to pinch. I wouldn't hate or love it, but it tells us how bad our defense depth lol.

May 23, 2007
Calgary
Couple of quick questions as I was only able to catch the last few minutes:

-What did Glenny do? My buddy was like "Glennie is an idiot!" in a fb message and now I'm wondering why.

-What did Backs do? What was Feaster talking about bailing him out for?

-How good is Ramo? Told you so. :D

- Dunno what Glenny did. Thought he was good today. Maybe the fight.

- Backs took a delay of game penalty late in the game

- He's good.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Couple of quick questions as I was only able to catch the last few minutes:

-What did Glenny do? My buddy was like "Glennie is an idiot!" in a fb message and now I'm wondering why.

-What did Backs do? What was Feaster talking about bailing him out for?

-How good is Ramo? Told you so. :D
Glencross dropped the mitts and fought Zajac, so I would assume that is it.

Backlund took a penalty for clearing the puck over the glass in the final minute.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
How is fighting Zajac a bad thing? I figured maybe he made a crucial error on the goal against or something.

And I did see the Backs penalty. Just didn't make the connection. :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The lineup would be more balanced. 3rd paring is alright. Tspoon is better all round than Diaz, but Diaz brings a better offensive game. Playing with Russell would be beneficial for Diaz rather playing with Englelland. Engelland is not the greatest of skaters unlike Russell who can cover much better if Diaz decided to pinch. I wouldn't hate or love it, but it tells us how bad our defense depth lol.
Diaz is god awful defensively, putting him in a position to play against even better players it like stripping naked, covering yourself in honey, poking a bees nest and expecting not to get stung.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
How is fighting Zajac a bad thing? I figured maybe he made a crucial error on the goal against or something.

And I did see the Backs penalty. Just didn't make the connection. :laugh:
people get paranoid about people breaking hands, that's at least what I chalk it up to.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
If Gio's going to be out for more than a week the Flames may as well sell off whichever non-core players they can at the deadline, because that would be the end of their playoff chances.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
It just shows how important signing a good/reliable 3/4/5 defender in FA is next season. Hopefully Gio is OK and he's back in action against the NYI

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
It just shows how important signing a good/reliable 3/4/5 defender in FA is next season. Hopefully Gio is OK and he's back in action against the NYI

Hopefully by next season TSpoon will be ready for full time NHL duty. He can't be worse than the guys who are currently taking up space on the 3rd pairing.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If Gio's going to be out for more than a week the Flames may as well sell off whichever non-core players they can at the deadline, because that would be the end of their playoff chances.

I'm not trying to be negative, but that's exactly how I feel to. Even if he doesn't miss a game it's going to be extremely hard. I just remember what happened when he went down last year, we were in the running for a top 2 or 3 pick. We're just a different team without him for so many reasons. Our whole offence goes through that top pairing, he makes Brodie better, if he's out, the depth on our D pairings are really affected, lastly he's our best defensive dman as well. It would be an enormous blow.

I really hope he's alright.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
God, I miss a game and Gio is being evaluated?

I have no worries, he will be back fresh as new. *sweats*

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
If Gio is in fact injured for a few games (maybe for precautionary reasons), it's a good test for our team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad