GDT: Feb 24 - Flames @ Rangers [5:00pm on SNW]

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Hartley is going to make us miss the playoffs again, yet he gets an extension.

Embarrassing

I'm highly interested to hear specifics of what exactly Hartley did to cost us this game? Additionally, what systematic changes would of you altered to ensure we won?

Apparently your privy to information none of us are, looking forward to your response.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Guys, I really need cheering up. This game made me really really frustrated and I want to hit things and people and dogs.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Digimon? You mean this guy?

Bobby_Digital_by_mikehegaman.jpg

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Of the games remaining, 12 of them are against non-playoff teams.

Just gotta take care of business.

That's a good point. It's easy to get wrapped up in the loss on nights like these, but in reality we still only need to be a few games over .500 the rest of the way to make the playoffs.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
That's a good point. It's easy to get wrapped up in the loss on nights like these, but in reality we still only need to be a few games over .500 the rest of the way to make the playoffs.

A few games (2) over .500 the rest of the way gets the Flames to 92 points.

That won't be close. It'll take at least 95.

Even 13-8-1 might not be enough.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
A few games (2) over .500 the rest of the way gets the Flames to 92 points.

That won't be close. It'll take at least 95.

Even 13-8-1 might not be enough.

Well, your definition of "a few" is much different than mine. :laugh:

My idea of giving ourselves a good shot is 94 points. 12-8-2. I think that's certainly manageable. If we beat all those non-playoff teams and scratch a couple of points out of some playoff teams, we should be okay.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You know that Burke loves Poirier and Ferland. Big bodies who can skate and play a physical brand of hockey. Hope they can stay with the big club for the rest of the way.
I don't want Poirier to play more than 9 games, he might be AHL eligible but his ELC has not yet started.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Really? I thought if he was in the pro's at all it would be on his ELC.
Nope, when you draft a player in their first draft eligible year the contract can slide for up to 2 years. It's like how Sieloff's slid last year and how Baertschi's would have in 12/13 if Feaster wasn't trying to rush the kid.

That is what bugs me most about the way Sven was handled. That 20 games in 12/13 not only burned a year off Baertschi's ELC but also caused him to be waiver eligible a year sooner (if we assume Sven gets the same amount of NHL time this year and last). Had Feaster just allowed Sven to play in the AHL for the whole lockout season not only would have it been better for Sven's development we likely wouldn't be sitting here with a 22 year old who's ELC is about to expire and about to become waiver eligible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad