GDT: Feb 24 - Flames @ Rangers [5:00pm on SNW]

May 23, 2007
Calgary
Ferland-Granlund-Poirier line was out best line this game, but we were they played so little?

What happened to earned, never given Bob?!?

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
*sighs* I'm losing hope for this season, with all of the other games going against us as well, things are not looking good. BUT realistically, still a whole quarter of the season left! :D

ElectricSky*

lol Hartley is overrated. He can't adjust. Awful CHL level coaching once again.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Hate to say it, and with The Flames as my #1 team, but this is how it's going to go down the stretch. Just ain't going to happen.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Still early, but outlook not so good.
we're slipping, if Minnesota wins tonight we are 4 points back.

Also the Flames don't score enough ugly goals, it's all finesse all the time, and when the ice sucks we can't get anything going.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
Were 0-2-1 in our last 3 if we don't put together a winning streak our chances will most likely be gone as we can't afford to go on long losing streaks.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Ferland-Granlund-Poirier line was out best line this game, but we were they played so little?

What happened to earned, never given Bob?!?

Burke had a policy of playing rookies 15 minutes a night or they shouldn't be in the NHL. That needs to come back.

Probably will if the Flames fall out of the race.

Oh, and Canucks win, 2-1.

ElectricSky*

Hartley is going to make us miss the playoffs again, yet he gets an extension.

Embarrassing

Aug 21, 2014
Hartley is going to make us miss the playoffs again, yet he gets an extension.

Embarrassing

Again? What Flames should have made the playoffs with Jay "choker" Bouwmeester who has not an ounce of Intensity? Or are you talking about the great Brent Sutter? Who thought David Moss was a candidate to be a #1 Center? :shakehead

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yup, a team that leads the league in coming back after losing going into the third has a coach that can't adjust. Because that isn't basically the definition of adjusting. :laugh:

Back to the game being played in reality, I had to listen to the third period. When I had to hear the Rangers' broadcast team laughing about the Monahan penalty and how they didn't understand why it was a penalty I just about blew my lid. Our two best chances were both stymied by illegal play, and the refs were okay with it. Yet somehow they saw fit to impose themselves on the game in the third and rob us of two minutes.

I know it's not why we lost, but against a tough team like the Rangers it's stuff like that that can really make you lose it.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Ramo was excellent, our team was good, the Rangers were flawless, so we lost. Not much else we could do, we just couldn't muster much at all, give The Rags credit, they're excellent team.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Ramo was excellent, our team was good, the Rangers were flawless, so we lost. Not much else we could do, we just couldn't muster much at all, give The Rags credit, they're excellent team.

Giving us two breakaways and illegally stopping them wasn't flawless.

Yeah, I'm still mad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad