GDT: Feb 24 - Flames @ Rangers [5:00pm on SNW]

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Sucks that Glencross has been so bad recently. I would say definitely our worst, least noticeable forward tonight.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Sucks that Glencross has been so bad recently. I would say definitely our worst, least noticeable forward tonight.

Except for his chance right at the end when he couldn't hit the ****ing net from 10 feet out. :rant:

xMatMcC

Jun 27, 2014
NL
Was my first Flames game of the year, travelled from Newfoundland to NYC to see the game and the boys couldn't even score a goal, Rangers fans werent to bad making fun of the Heritage Classic Iggy sweater. Anyways pretty disappointed Calgary, another 9th place finish will kill me, and all of us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Was my first Flames game of the year, travelled from Newfoundland to NYC to see the game and the boys couldn't even score a goal, Rangers fans werent to bad making fun of the Heritage Classic Iggy sweater. Anyways pretty disappointed Calgary, another 9th place finish will kill me, and all of us.

It's not so bad this year. A 9th place finish means something completely different when we're a young team with well-stocked cupboards than it meant when we were a veteran-laden team with no prospects.

That said, yeah, missing the playoffs by one spot would suuuuuuuck.

Also that's an unfortunate game to go see. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Anyways pretty disappointed Calgary, another 9th place finish will kill me, and all of us.

I doubt much of us will feel that bad if we finished 9th in the grand scheme of things. Almost all of us had no expectations of even being in the playoff conversation for at least a few years and we've been in the running all season. I'd argue if the season ended today, this would be a very successful year for a team in its second year of rebuild.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
A 9th place finish would indeed disappoint if the Flames end up regressing to a bottom five team next season. The whole year would be akin to a mirage and they'd be without a high draft pick or playoff experience to help them moving forward.

On the other hand, if they build on it, they no, it wouldn't be a disappointment.

I don't see the Flames finishing just out of a playoff spot though. They either get in or they fall down the standings and pick in the top ten.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah but we're bad against bad teams

Not this year. I'm not able to do the research right now but I'm pretty sure the Flames' record against non-playoff teams is fairly good.

Stewie's right. We're 4-0 against both Arizona and Edmonton. There really are only a few blemishes on our record against bad teams- chiefly losses (one each) to Carolina, Columbus and Buffalo.

We did lose to Florida and the Leafs, but neither team was a bad team when we played them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad