Injury Report: Feb. 22, 2014: Marc-Andre Bourdon injured again (Feb. 28 article posted)

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
After all he went through it was pretty obvious that he was only one more big hit away from a career ending final concussion. We can just hope that this poor guy can have a normal life without playing hockey from now on!

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
February 28 update:

After being unable to skate a few days last week due to headaches, Bourdon has participated in most or all of each practice this week. But he isn’t ready to play.

“I don’t think there’s been any opinion by the doctor as to if there’s anything wrong,” head coach Terry Murray said. “I think it’s just his own body telling him some things are not right.”

Bourdon declined to comment, saying he didn’t know what he could say.

This is not a matter of needing to pass a baseline test to play again. Murray said, “There’s no protocol he has to go through, it’s just a matter of getting on the ice when he feels good. I haven’t had that conversation with him, but obviously things are improving.”

http://poststar.com/sports/phantoms...cle_c29bceac-a041-11e3-8741-001a4bcf887a.html

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
You just know the young man does not want to give up his dream to play in the NHL full time. But there has to be a point where his well being is in the forefront and someone needs to tell him to just shut it down.

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
He's only had 2 or 3 concussions right? Lots of people have had that many, just looks bad cuz they've come so close and in early in his career.. He will be back, and continue to strive to become a good defender in the NHL!

Bill_Meltzer

Jan 28, 2005
He's only had 2 or 3 concussions right? Lots of people have had that many, just looks bad cuz they've come so close and in early in his career.. He will be back, and continue to strive to become a good defender in the NHL!

Four concussions... but they've happened in a span of about 32 games and despite the time missed.

StandingCow

May 15, 2010
And your point is???
Is he hurt or not?

His point is... he has been cleared to play for a while... but HE doesn't feel "right". So it isn't a case of not being allowed to play, it's a case of his body telling him something is wrong.

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
He has announced retirement. Hopefully he can get healthy.

http://www.letsgoflyers.net/2014/11/30/a-former-flyers-defenseman-calls-it-a-career/

"Concussions have ended the career of M- André Bourdon. He played only 45 games with the Flyers. Sad end but serene"
Les commotions cérébrales ont mis un terme à la carrière de M-André Bourdon. À joue 45 matchs avec les Flyers. Triste fin mais serein.

— Jean-Paul Charlebois (@CharleboisPaul) November 29, 2014

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
poor guy, i agree with GFH, hopefully he ends up scouting/coaching somewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad