Injury Report: Feb. 22, 2014: Marc-Andre Bourdon injured again (Feb. 28 article posted)

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Really happy for him. I was never a big fan but he was solid. Honestly though after being out of the game for so long I'm not so sure he's gonna be all that valuable. Still a real nice story.

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
Do not play him against the Penguins. they will target his head constantly like they did in the playoffs to him.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Won't somebody have to be waived now since the Flyers would be over the 23 man roster limit once he gets back from the phantoms? It will probably be him if so.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I doubt he'll play for Philly this year but it's great that he's symptom free.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Great news for the kid.

He's a long ways away from getting back to where he was, although he was a long ways away from getting back to zero, aswell. Best of luck to the guy, he obviously has the heart and drive to do it.

SgtJoseph*

Great news ! I have always liked the lads grit and i hope he gets back to the show ! Good for him !

cheesesteakarmor

Jul 18, 2009
Won't somebody have to be waived now since the Flyers would be over the 23 man roster limit once he gets back from the phantoms? It will probably be him if so.

Broad Street Hocket, via ASF, is reporting that Bourdon cleared waivers in September. Because he went unclaimed, he can remain in Adirondack beyond the 14 day limit of the CBA.

They are short on details. Maybe CSN will have something soon.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Do not play him against the Penguins. they will target his head constantly like they did in the playoffs to him.

The problem with Bourdon is that he is a smaller guy playing bigger than his size who is not afraid of physical contact.
It's easier to avoid elbows when you are taller than 6' 0"...

The Phantom's have lost some defensemen recently to injury so chances are good he can stay in the lineup even though he is not expected to be in game shape right now. Sheltered minutes on the third pairing are exactly what he needs right now to get back on track.

And yes, as far as I know he had been put on waivers and cleared when the season started.

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
I thought he played pretty well, not to mention for a lot of it he was still concussed.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Anyone thinking that if he is able to play up with the big club sometime this season and does well enough that he could be our #5/#6 next season?

I know, I'm jumping the gun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad