Video FDNY vs NYPD

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
To the surprise of literally no one, it just goes to show that the Police force is just loaded with hot heads.

NHL game is one thing but this is just a glorified pick up game.

Reactions: Pink Mist and Lua

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
To the surprise of literally no one, it just goes to show that the Police force is just loaded with hot heads.

NHL game is one thing but this is just a glorified pick up game.
Glorified pickup game sure but both rosters had some players with legit hockey on their resume. They’ve been doing this game for YEARS and it’s all a sudden got media attention. Should be an event every year. Barstool did an incredible job marketing this

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Glorified pickup game sure but both rosters had some players with legit hockey on their resume. They’ve been doing this game for YEARS and it’s all a sudden got media attention. Should be an event every year. Barstool did an incredible job marketing this

They should do it every year, it's for charity right? Get the $$.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
They should do it every year, it's for charity right? Get the $$.
This was the 49th annual game. Its always been very well attended. Wish it was more of a spectacle. Lot of people can come on here and criticize nypd/fdny but 99.9% would shit their pants toss their tail between their legs the moment they had to be put in their position for a day

Reactions: EdJovanovski

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
This was the 49th annual game. Its always been very well attended. Wish it was more of a spectacle. Lot of people can come on here and criticize nypd/fdny but 99.9% would shit their pants toss their tail between their legs the moment they had to be put in their position for a day

Kinda why I don't like seeing the brawl/fights between the 2. They're too important.

Reactions: HairyKneel

bov

Nov 13, 2010
As someone who is a huge proponent of fighting in hockey, the promotion leading up to this game and even in commentary rubbed me the wrong way. These are not peak athletes (besides maybe a small handful) , and they should not feel any pressure to fight, let alone for a charity game in front of their family and friends.

I know the rivalry is real and I have no problem with fights happening "organically", but the added emphasis on the fights just cheapened what it's all about and left a sour taste in my mouth. I don't want to see some cop who shouldn't be fighting get f***ed up in front of his loved ones, and I cant help but think some of those fights wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for all the talk about the rough stuff.

Not sure if it was a Barstool emphasis to drive attention/viewership or what, but next time I hope it's done more tastefully. Biz was out of control and I think he's normally excellent at what he does.

Also the NYPD was being disrespected like crazy in comparison to FDNY.

Overall though it was a great production and nicely done by everyone involved, don't get me wrong.

beedee

Jan 13, 2014
Imagine the charges the firefighter would face if this took place anywhere but during a hockey game...or could he still face charges?

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
Seeing these guys go at it in a charity game (while entertaining) is strange. Like is the cop now on paid leave for 6 weeks after that?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Ok but men getting paid public money. Probably shouldn’t be fighting.
I was about to say something until you brought this up. Very good point and I agree.

Seeing these guys go at it in a charity game (while entertaining) is strange. Like is the cop now on paid leave for 6 weeks after that?
On the taxpayers dime lol

Reactions: Mrfenn92 and ratbid

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

Eh some positions, some days, sure. But I'm pretty sure I've spent 6 hours in Penn Station scrolling on my phone without shitting my pants before.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
This is a great event but having them fight is embarrassing.

You just don't understand the game and rivalry then. No one or entity is 'having' them fight.

They don't like each other and it happens.

Imagine the charges the firefighter would face if this took place anywhere but during a hockey game...or could he still face charges?

I'm sorry is this for real? No chance.....Even if this happened in someone's backyard off the rink, there would most likely be nothing criminal about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad