3). C/LW Sean Couturier, Drummondville, QMJHL, 6’-4â€, 195 Lbs
4). D Adam Larsson, Skelleftea, SEL, 6’-3â€, 205 Lbs
5). RW Gabriel Landeskog, Kitchener, OHL, 6’-1â€, 205 Lbs
6). D Dougie Hamilton, Niagara, OHL, 6’-4.5â€, 195 Lbs
7). D Ryan Murphy, Kitchener, OHL, 5’-10.5â€, 175 Lbs
8). C Ryan Strome, Niagara, OHL, 6’-0.5â€, 185 Lbs
9). D Nathan Beaulieu, Saint John, QMJHL, 6’-2â€, 185 Lbs
10). D Duncan Siemens, Saskatoon, WHL, 6’-3â€, 200 Lbs

http://futureconsiderationsdotca.wo...ryan-retains-jonathan-jumps-in-april-ranking/

Big riser is Huberdeau, everyone else shuffles down a spot.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
If the Avs pass on Larsson and Landeskog for Huberdeau I'm gonna be pissed. But it won't happen anyway.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Definitely don't agree with that top 5 or Beaulieu in the top 10 but other than that I like it. Can't see Huburdeau cracking the top 3 unless he wins Memorial Cup MVP and even then I have a problem seeing a QMJHL forward from a stacked team going top 3. Maybe if Huburdeau did that with a 5th or 6th place team.

Gibson is the only other thing I would have a problem with but you don't have him very high so it's not bad.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If the Avs pass on Larsson and Landeskog for Huberdeau I'm gonna be pissed. But it won't happen anyway.

I am not that big on Huberdeau, but there always if the chance he is this year's Jeff Skinner. Huberdeau does make a little sense for Colorado because it sounds like he might be converted to a winger in the NHL

All that being said probably might be better going for the safer picks(my biggest worry with Huberdeau is it a case he is that good or a combination of very good but plays on a stacked team)

R S

Sep 18, 2006

It could happen.

Huberdeau is having a great playoff so far and is climbing for a reason. The kid has size, moves and great offensive potential. Not to mention he can play the wing and centre.

He doesn't bring the punch that Lando does, but I could see it happening.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
It could happen.

Huberdeau is having a great playoff so far and is climbing for a reason. The kid has size, moves and great offensive potential. Not to mention he can play the wing and centre.

He doesn't bring the punch that Lando does, but I could see it happening.

I wouldn't personally put any stock into his playoffs till they play at least a team close to their level. How many points did he pick up in the first series?

When Skinner raised his stock last year with his playoff run, every team Kitchener played, had a chance of beating Kitchener, agaisnt London and Windsor they were pretty big underdogs and Skinner was arguably the best player in those series. Huburdeau and the Sea Dogs have yet to play a team even close to as good as them so its really just fodder.

torontosports10

Mar 6, 2009
Its so funny seeing people just making excuses about why Huberdeau isn't as good as he is. Scouts have been watching him closely ALL year long. They has been plenty of scouts at everyone of his games. Don't you think if he wasn't the great player he is that they would find the negatives over the positives?

The fact is, people are quick to point at the fact he plays in the QMJHL, or on the top team in Canada. Well who cares what league he is in, he is lighting it up as a 17 year old. And did great as a 16 year old as well. Being on a stacked team didn't stop Taylor Hall at all did it?

All I know, is that it doesn't matter if he goes 1st or 7th, some team is going to be extremely happy they have him, cause he, IMO has the most potential of any player in the entire draft, whether you want to ignore the facts or not.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Its so funny seeing people just making excuses about why Huberdeau isn't as good as he is. Scouts have been watching him closely ALL year long. They has been plenty of scouts at everyone of his games. Don't you think if he wasn't the great player he is that they would find the negatives over the positives?

The fact is, people are quick to point at the fact he plays in the QMJHL, or on the top team in Canada. Well who cares what league he is in, he is lighting it up as a 17 year old. And did great as a 16 year old as well. Being on a stacked team didn't stop Taylor Hall at all did it?

All I know, is that it doesn't matter if he goes 1st or 7th, some team is going to be extremely happy they have him, cause he, IMO has the most potential of any player in the entire draft, whether you want to ignore the facts or not.

And Taylor Hall was better than Huburdeau in a better league.

Sure hes a great player, but top 3? Yeah not very likely in my, and others, opinions. I don't really see how you can call his playoffs a plus at this point, put any top prospect agaisnt some of the worst teams in the league when you're on one of the best and they'll put up just as good numbers. Huburdeau has yet to play a team even close to Saint John, so i'll disregard those stats are nothing more than great. Not amazing, just good or great.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
And Taylor Hall was better than Huburdeau in a better league.

Sure hes a great player, but top 3? Yeah not very likely in my, and others, opinions. I don't really see how you can call his playoffs a plus at this point, put any top prospect agaisnt some of the worst teams in the league when you're on one of the best and they'll put up just as good numbers. Huburdeau has yet to play a team even close to Saint John, so i'll disregard those stats are nothing more than great. Not amazing, just good or great.

Let me ask you this...have you even watched one of his playoff games, either live OR on TV?

I bet that's an easy no. Quit looking at his numbers and saying he was "good".

torontosports10

Mar 6, 2009
Disregard away and keep your Ontario bias on, thats fine with me. If you want to ignore his stats as a 16 year old and 17 year old then go ahead. If you want to blame it on him playing bad teams, go ahead.

Fact is he has been putting up points all season, no matter who they play. Call the other teams weak, but playoff hockey is playoff hockey and the team they are playing right now, has perhaps the hottest goalie in the CHL right now.

But, go ahead, blame it on the league and teams he plays. Yep, thats why he is a good player..

I have had the opportunity to watch him the past two seasons and the skill he has is probably the best the Q has seen since Crosby. Wont last with MacKinnon coming in next year, but ya, he is that good.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Let me ask you this...have you even watched one of his playoff games, either live OR on TV?

I bet that's an easy no. Quit looking at his numbers and saying he was "good".

:facepalm:

You're ridiculously immature it's not even funny. If I said he was amazing so great you probably would have came back to me and said no he's just playing bad teams.

Seriously, it's getting idiotic with the way your constantly hounding my posts and taking the other side of the arguement. Are you going to tell me that I'm wrong? Because you know I'm not. Grow up man.

torontosports10

Mar 6, 2009

You're ridiculously immature it's not even funny. If I said he was amazing so great you probably would have came back to me and said no he's just playing bad teams.

Seriously, it's getting idiotic with the way your constantly hounding my posts and taking the other side of the arguement. Are you going to tell me that I'm wrong? Because you know I'm not. Grow up man.

If he won't, I will. Stop making stupid excuses when it comes to prospects from the Q. You have never seen him play before and are making claims that he is not the top player that he is.

R S

Sep 18, 2006

It was a serious question. Not an attack. I don't know why you can say "I am constantly hounding your posts". I haven't even been on this website for 3 days, so I'm not sure what you are getting at.

Like I say, it was a serious question...have you actually seen him play any times in the playoffs?

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
It was a serious question. Not an attack. I don't know why you can say "I am constantly hounding your posts". I haven't even been on this website for 3 days, so I'm not sure what you are getting at.

Like I say, it was a serious question...have you actually seen him play any times in the playoffs?

3 days is a very short time.

Answer my question, do you actually think I'm wrong? Obviously Huburdeau is beating up on awful teams, that doesnt make his scoring all that amazing.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
3 days is a very short time.

Answer my question, do you actually think I'm wrong? Obviously Huburdeau is beating up on awful teams, that doesnt make his scoring all that amazing.

Sure, he might be beating up on awful teams. That could very well be a valid point.

But, that also is only valid if people are paying attention to his stats only. The kid is climbing up the rankings all over the place because he is playing great hockey game after game.

I answered your question, and you have yet to answer mine.

Have you even seen any of his playoff games so far this year?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
If Larsson falls to 4th or 5th and gets picked there... That's a steal. I had never heard of Huberdeau till recently so can't mention anything about him but that's a quick rise.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Sure, he might be beating up on awful teams. That could very well be a valid point.

But, that also is only valid if people are paying attention to his stats only. The kid is climbing up the rankings all over the place because he is playing great hockey game after game.

I answered your question, and you have yet to answer mine.

Have you even seen any of his playoff games so far this year?

You look better when you play awful teams, so it doesn't matter if I haven't seen him in the playoffs. I'm right regardless.

And apparetly I hate the Sea Dogs because

1. I don't think Huburdeau should or will go too 3 which is a fairly common opinion.
2. I think Beaulieu is overrated and shouldn't go top 10 which again, common opinion.

Guess a lot of people hate the Sea Dogs :laugh;

torontosports10

Mar 6, 2009
Ignore him. He hates everyone on the Sea Dogs.

I usually stay quiet, and I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when scouts watch the Sea Dogs, play every game, and all of them have him rising and rising, I cant see how someone can blame it on playing bad teams or being in a weak league or playing on the top team. They all are excuses that carry some, but very little weight in the big picture.

Beaulieu has also impressed these scouts. If they want to pick out players, Jurco hasn't lived up to expectations this year, and Phillips may be feeding off Huberdeau, those I can see as valid, but thats why those two are at the end/start of the 1st/2nd rounds.

Ah well, Haters gonna hate.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
You look better when you play other teams, so it doesn't matter if I haven't seen him in the playoffs. I'm right regardless.

1. I don't think Huburdeau should or will go too 3 which is a fairly common opinion.
2. I think Beaulieu is overrated and shouldn't go top 10 which again, common opinion.

Ok, have fun hating on a guy for putting up solid numbers so far in the postseason, despite not seeing him play the games.

And you wonder why people "attack you".....

torontosports10

Mar 6, 2009
You look better when you play awful teams, so it doesn't matter if I haven't seen him in the playoffs. I'm right regardless.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad