FC's April Rankings Up

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Ok, have fun hating on a guy for putting up solid numbers so far in the postseason, despite not seeing him play the games.

And you wonder why people "attack you".....

See, you can't go a post without attacking me. You admit I'm right, then bash me for it. Are you dealt that immature. It's pretty childish because you hate someone you have to bash them for being right every time they post ;)

You're a pretty nasty hypocrite yourself, you haven't watche him either yet you were quick to take the other side. Among other tongs you've said on this site.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
If you watched the Sea Dogs, you would know Beaulieu is the best player out there most of the time.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
See, you can't go a post without attacking me. You admit I'm right, then bash me for it. Are you dealt that immature. It's pretty childish because you hate someone you have to bash them for being right every time they post ;)

You're a pretty nasty hypocrite yourself, you haven't watche him either yet you were quick to take the other side. Among other tongs you've said on this site.

Yeah, I haven't seen him play in the playoffs, but I'm not pretending that I have.

What I'm saying is:

People (scouts) are raving about this kid over the last 2 months and into the playoffs.

There are reasons for that.

It's not because he is "simply putting up good numbers because he's playing weak competition".

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Yeah, I haven't seen him play in the playoffs, but I'm not pretending that I have.

What I'm saying is:

People (scouts) are raving about this kid over the last 2 months and into the playoffs.

There are reasons for that.

It's not because he is "simply putting up good numbers because he's playing weak competition".

OK but does that mean that hes been amazing because hes dominating teams that suck?

I'm not saying anything bad about Huburdeau. Do you think if Huburdeau was playing better competition he'd score at the same pace? Unlikely.

It's like when people say Ovechkin isn't a proven playoff performer because he beats up on teams in the first 2 rounds (Which isn't true anyway but sitll they say it), but a little more extreme. When Huburdeau puts up 1.5+ PPG in the QMJHL finals and maybe Memorial Cup yeah thats impressive, dominating teams that really have no buisness playing a team like St John? Good but not enough to warrant him going up.

Like I said before, when Skinner raised his stock with his amazing playoffs, he was playing great competiton and dominating, Huburdeau hasn't yet, and its going to be tough to move into the top 3 untill he does that.

I don't have to had watched him to know hes probably dominating because of the competiton, people have said it too who have watched him have said that.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I don't know, but like I said...that's why you trust opinions of people who have watched the games...and scouts...not just fans that surf message boards.

Like I said, Hubie has climbed into some people's top 2-3 for a reason.

And I bet it's not because of playing against bad competition.

Feels like we are talking in circles, but yeah.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I don't know, but like I said...that's why you trust opinions of people who have watched the games...and scouts...not just fans that surf message boards.

Like I said, Hubie has climbed into some people's top 2-3 for a reason.

And I bet it's not because of playing against bad competition.

Feels like we are talking in circles, but yeah.

In some peoples circles yeah, not all, not mine. If he wins Mem Cup MVP definitely consideration but I don't see him cracking it from beating up on bad teams in the playoffs and putting up insane numbers.

Sure hes incredibly talented, well so is Strome who hes probably closest to. But everything we've heard has RNH/Lando/Larsson as a firm top 3 right now.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
In some peoples circles yeah, not all, not mine. If he wins Mem Cup MVP definitely consideration but I don't see him cracking it from beating up on bad teams in the playoffs and putting up insane numbers.

Sure hes incredibly talented, well so is Strome who hes probably closest to. But everything we've heard has RNH/Lando/Larsson as a firm top 3 right now.

Yeah, that's my top 3 still, but at this point I would not be shocked at all if Huberdeau was taken 2nd. His offensive ability and versatility is intriguing to me as an Avs fan. ( I still want one of Lando or Larsson more though)

STHLM*

Lool, wow that list is really awful. I'm not surprised. Every year Canada pimp their players to the draft. Couturier and Huberdau ahead of Larsson and Landeskog? huberdau???? really? haha ha! :laugh::nod::amazed:

If the PO is that important then why is RNH still first? :help:

this is pure canadian hype and the whole draft is a joke. :help:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Lool, wow that list is really awful. I'm not surprised. Every year Canada pimp their players to the draft. Couturier and Huberdau ahead of Larsson and Landeskog? huberdau???? really? haha ha! :laugh::nod::amazed:

If the PO is that important then why is RNH still first? :help:

this is pure canadian hype and the whole draft is a joke. :help:

Not everyone is going to have the same list you know

Sizemore24*

How can you disagree if you never saw them play. Beauliau has been tremendous. You are obviouslly trolling or have something against the Q.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
And Taylor Hall was better than Huburdeau in a better league.

Sure hes a great player, but top 3? Yeah not very likely in my, and others, opinions. I don't really see how you can call his playoffs a plus at this point, put any top prospect agaisnt some of the worst teams in the league when you're on one of the best and they'll put up just as good numbers. Huburdeau has yet to play a team even close to Saint John, so i'll disregard those stats are nothing more than great. Not amazing, just good or great.

God, you're funny dude! So Crosby was putting lots of points but since he was playing in the Q, Pittsburgh should have taken Bobby Ryan since he was playing for Owen Sound of the OHL? Damn, stop with the inferior league argument. We'll see who's gonna win the Memorial cup this year. And also, if you knew what you were talking about, all St John's team told the media that Victoriaville Tigres are the only team this year that is giving them the hardest time. And don't try to say that Huberdeau is playing on the best team in the CHL and no opposition, etc. You know why the Sea Dogs are the best junior team in Canada? Because Huberdeau helped them to be. So yes, it is very possible for a QUEBECOIS to get drafted in the top 3. Stop crying for the OHL not having a player in the top 3.

MikeC

Feb 28, 2002
L'Assomption
And Taylor Hall was better than Huburdeau in a better league.

Sure hes a great player, but top 3? Yeah not very likely in my, and others, opinions. I don't really see how you can call his playoffs a plus at this point, put any top prospect agaisnt some of the worst teams in the league when you're on one of the best and they'll put up just as good numbers. Huburdeau has yet to play a team even close to Saint John, so i'll disregard those stats are nothing more than great. Not amazing, just good or great.

Let me ask you this...have you even watched one of his playoff games, either live OR on TV?

I bet that's an easy no. Quit looking at his numbers and saying he was "good".

:facepalm:

You're ridiculously immature it's not even funny. If I said he was amazing so great you probably would have came back to me and said no he's just playing bad teams.

Seriously, it's getting idiotic with the way your constantly hounding my posts and taking the other side of the arguement. Are you going to tell me that I'm wrong? Because you know I'm not. Grow up man.

1. Did you answer his question? A big no no.

2. You are asking him to grow up???? Lol, please stop. Take a look at yourself in a mirror. You will see a man that has no clue about Huberdeau, that has never see him play and still believe that he is an expert and that people are wrong to tell him he has no clue.

3. At this moment, you are the one that make yourself looking bad, not RS.

hfboardfanatic

May 9, 2010
1. Huberdeau feeds off Phillips just as much as Phillips feeds off Huberdeau
2. Beaulieu is definitely NOT the best Sea Dog on the ice most nights
3. Against the lowest 4 teams in the Q Huberdeau scored 37% of his point total(39 points,+30) Against the top 4 teams he had 10 points and was a +3.

So how Huberdeau does against the teams at the Memorial Cup (if SJ makes it) will be interesting.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Just wondering why you have Vladislav Namestnikov ahead of Alexander Khokhlachev?

I agree a 100% that Namestnikov should be over Khokhlachev. I think his better. Khokhlachev has better stats, but he played on a better team too. I just like Namestnikov more, actually a lot more too.

torontosports10

Mar 6, 2009
1. Huberdeau feeds off Phillips just as much as Phillips feeds off Huberdeau
2. Beaulieu is definitely NOT the best Sea Dog on the ice most nights
3. Against the lowest 4 teams in the Q Huberdeau scored 37% of his point total(39 points,+30) Against the top 4 teams he had 10 points and was a +3.

So how Huberdeau does against the teams at the Memorial Cup (if SJ makes it) will be interesting.

Great argument!! Good for you

Games vs bottom 4= 18 games played
Games vs top 4= 6-8 games played depending on if you included Saint John as the top 4. If not then the team played were Mtl,Que,Drum,Gat

So yep, great agrument there!!

GM17*

Great argument!! Good for you

Games vs bottom 4= 18 games played
Games vs top 4= 6-8 games played depending on if you included Saint John as the top 4. If not then the team played were Mtl,Que,Drum,Gat

So yep, great agrument there!!

Exactly. 1.95pts per game vs bottom teams, ~1.6pts per game vs top teams. Real bad vs the top teams I must say! /sarcasm

Definitely don't agree with that top 5 or Beaulieu in the top 10 but other than that I like it. Can't see Huburdeau cracking the top 3 unless he wins Memorial Cup MVP and even then I have a problem seeing a QMJHL forward from a stacked team going top 3. Maybe if Huburdeau did that with a 5th or 6th place team.

Gibson is the only other thing I would have a problem with but you don't have him very high so it's not bad.

He did and that's the reason they're not 5th or 6th hahahahaha xD :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad