TV: Favourite Simpsons Moments | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
1380_500.jpg

I feel like a savage having to push the page 2 button to get to this thread.

Reactions: Hockey Outsider

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
That sounded like an explosion at the old Simpson place.

Forget it. That's two blocks away.

Looks like there's beer coming out of the chimney.

I am proceeding on foot. Call in a Code 8. We need pretzels, repeat, pretzels

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Vaguely related-

This past weekend the wife and I went to Myrtle Beach for an early anniversary get away. The main reason we went: The Kwik-E-Mart on Broadway at the Beach

maxresdefault.jpg

Inside they have souvenirs you can buy (I bought a friend a Duff Beer bottle opener and myself a Duff Beer coozie) as well as the ability to buy Squishees in different flavors (my Buzz Cola one tasted like a Coke Icee), Lard Lad donuts (not too bad for a mass produced thing that sat on a shelf), hot dogs, Buzz Cola and Duff Beer (nee Energy Drink). All while soundtracks from The Simpsons played. For a one time go around it was pretty great. Next door is an Aztec Theater that's now open that does a 4-D "Springfield Film Festival" that's The Longest Daycare and a part of an episode where Bart and Milhouse start up the old Springfield subway interspersed with a few new things.

All in all for a tourist trap it was fun, but hearing The Bartman as I walked in to The Kwik-E-Mart was super cool and made me feel like a kid. Plus the little touches such as the character cut outs on it and the Aztec show a level of care that's neat. For instance there's a film copy of frozen Jasper in the Kwik-E-Mart where you can get frozen goods:

latest

Here's a video of the interior:

A real-life version of the Kwik-E-Mart from The Simpsons opens in Myrtle Beach, South California – where you can try Squishees and Duff Beer

Myrtle Beach sucks but I really enjoyed this. Seriously, if you're coming to South Carolina and the coast go two hours south to Charleston (where I live) instead. But this was fun. That and Topgolf.

Reactions: Roman Fell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad