TV: Favourite Simpsons Moments | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Ned Flanders: [looking for Homer] Well, as the tree said to the lumberjack, "I'm stumped."
Selma: Huh. It's like he just disappeared into fat air.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
705687.jpg

Reactions: HFBCommenter
Sep 19, 2008
Shopkeeper: [Homer has agreed to purchase a Krusty doll for Bart's birthday] Take this object, but beware it carries a terrible curse!
Homer: Ooh, that's bad.
Shopkeeper: But it comes with a free frogurt!
Homer: That's good.
Shopkeeper: The frogurt is also cursed.
Homer: That's bad.
Shopkeeper: But you get your choice of toppings.
Homer: That's good!
Shopkeeper: The toppings contain potassium benzoate.
[Homer looks puzzled]
Shopkeeper: ...That's bad.

Oh and one more thing, you must find the Jade Monkey before the next full moon....
Marge: Homer, where'd you get the monkey's paw?
Homer: I got it from the stand...over..there. (points to an empty space. A gust of wind is blowing sand around)
Homer: Oh, wait. It's over there.
Merchant: You will be sorry.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I'll make a wish that can't backfire. I wish for a turkey sandwich, on rye bread, with lettuce and mustard, and, <and> I don't want any zombie turkeys, I don't want to turn into a turkey myself, and I don't want any other weird surprises. You got it?

Reactions: Hockey Outsider
Sep 19, 2008
Homer: (after Bart goes back to normal after being a fly ) Well, we were lucky this time. But it's all too clear that some things in this universe… aren't meant to be trifled with. (grabs an axe)
Marge: Homer, what are you doing?
Homer: Something I should have done a long time ago. (to Bart) I'll teach you to mess with my machine! (Bart screams and Homer chases Bart with the axe) I'm going to chop you good! That cost me thirty-five cents! Your only making it worse! I promise I won't hurt you!

Sep 19, 2008
Marge: Homer! Where did you get that?
Homer: Get what?
Marge: That giant donut.
Homer: Well, I acquired it legally. You can be sure of that.

Sep 19, 2008
The Simpsons built it's reputation as a show unafraid to take on controversy; filling the town of Springfield with lovable caricatures and stereotypes from all races and genders. Now they want to just "slink" away from the controversy involving Apu, which is totally cowardly.

https://news.avclub.com/the-simpsons-might-be-dropping-apu-altogether-to-avoid-1830027109

In an interview with Indiewire, Shankar says the character won’t be given a proper farewell, but will rather be shuffled out quietly. “I got some disheartening news back, that I’ve verified from multiple sources now: They’re going to drop the Apu character altogether,” he said. “They aren’t going to make a big deal out of it, or anything like that, but they’ll drop him altogether just to avoid the controversy.”

“If you are a show about cultural commentary and you are too afraid to comment on the culture, especially when it’s a component of the culture you had a hand in creating, then you are a show about cowardice,” Shankar added. “It’s not a step forward, or step backwards, it’s just a massive step sideways.”

You would think the Fifth Beatle would get more respect than that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad